U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 10:11 PM

17,579 posts, read 38,313,006 times

Advertisements

I wear pajamas out. But not slippers. Only my finest monks and derbies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2013, 10:26 PM

105 posts, read 197,542 times
As long as the person does not smell or is partially naked I do not care at all if he or she wear pajamas. I am not too fond of people dictating on what other people should wear in general

Old 11-14-2013, 11:22 AM

19,237 posts, read 11,145,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
I work at Walmart and, yes, I do sometimes see people in PJ bottoms. It really isn't all that common here though. However, I see these SAME people at the other stores in town as well. Why Walmart gets picked on the most, I don't know. Yesterday I saw two women who were both wearing PJ bottoms. One was 'seasonally appropriate' in Christmas designs and the other for Valentine's. I decided she was either 'early or late'. LOL I'm still waiting for a People of Safeway website.

walmart because of it being a 24 hr store and low income,, so by association--- young people just wear what ever it in style PJ's or not, and I think fine- but other day saw mom and two small daughters 7-11 or so in Pjs and at home depot-- not to mention how the men were watching this family-- ugh- I know one is a resitered pedophile- and he also was there,, UGHHHHHggrr please put proper attire on your KIDS! Respect comes from respecting yourself-- you don't---well then don't look for it from others...Maybe your boss is out buying milk too? Only excuse- a 4 yr old in Spiderman attire or the occasional escapee from the old age home...

Last edited by tinytrump; 11-14-2013 at 11:36 AM..

Old 11-16-2013, 11:13 AM

8,260 posts, read 9,105,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I do not think anyone I know actually wears pajamas to bed...
I don't but I have sweats that are specifically for bedtime. I'm going to get me a pair of those PJs with the feet in them! I hate it when my pant legs ride up to my butt all the time. lol And I refuse to wear a nightgown because I don't need something creeping up to my waist either.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I live near an international tourist destination, Yellowstone National Park. Visitors stock up on snacks, souvenirs, etc. at our local Walmart and patronize all sorts of other stores. Needless to say, local people also shop at Walmart and the rest of the retailers. I can say that apart from very small children, young enough to carry Teddy bears, I have never seen anyone wearing pajamas. Perhaps the air here contains something that gives people self-respect. But this certainly isn't a formal area; cowboy boots and jeans abound. Am I in a strange area or are those who see the pajama people in their neighborhoods? I'm inclined to believe that the pajama phenomenon. is either regional or based on some other characteristic of the population; but I can't imagine what.
I live in a fairly small town and don't see people in PJs out in public very often. Pretty rare, really. I did see a couple of ladies in PJ bottoms the other day but maybe one in one hundred plus will do that. What I see a lot though is young girls wearing those jeans that look like they should be in the rag bag but were actually bought that way brand new! I couldn't wear stuff like that.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
It takes more effort to go to the store then it does to get dressed. If you are that sick that you can't even put on a pair of pants and a shirt, then you have no business being around other people and spreading your germs around. If you are that sick that you cannot even dress yourself then go to the doctor, not grocery shopping.
Hmmmm...now there's a thought. How come I never see patients at the doc's office in PJs? You'd think if they were going to do that it would be more likely at the doc's office.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
My gosl isn't to be attractive to strangers at the supermarket,but I notice I do get better customer service when I'm dressed up vs being in scrubs.
Like today,I wore my glasses and had on my scrubs,because I ust worked a 12 hr shift. The cashier(a guy). Just slapped the change in my hand ..no hello,have great day,nothing.
Its unfair.
That wasn't because of what you were wearing. It's because he was a jerk!

Old 11-16-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
walmart because of it being a 24 hr store and low income,, so by association--- young people just wear what ever it in style PJ's or not, and I think fine- but other day saw mom and two small daughters 7-11 or so in Pjs and at home depot-- not to mention how the men were watching this family-- ugh- I know one is a resitered pedophile- and he also was there,, UGHHHHHggrr please put proper attire on your KIDS! Respect comes from respecting yourself-- you don't---well then don't look for it from others...Maybe your boss is out buying milk too? Only excuse- a 4 yr old in Spiderman attire or the occasional escapee from the old age home...
See?? Those people DO go to stores other than Walmart! LOLOL Supposedly the ONLY place they shop IS Walmart.

Our store is 24/7, yes, but it's not all "low income" folks shopping there. Everybody in town, regardless of income, shops there. Too bad this mom is teaching her daughters that it doesn't matter how you dress in public but even at our church I see young people dressed kinda 'iffy' for a church setting. Shorts, tees and flip flops? My grandmother would be having a cow! lol

Old 11-16-2013, 02:04 PM

19,237 posts, read 11,145,594 times
yea I will have a cow- but only time saw my daugh in law wore some pretty heavy sweatpants type pjs -she was 9 mo pregnant... other than that. We put lipstick on, to go to the 7-11 wally world or HD - I know at Wlmrt all shop, just the eliete call it low income shopping ---and those shorty shorts at church- Ok God does accept you, as is--- but that's where the teaching "in love" comes in--- and train the young ladies and gents.

Old 11-16-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
yea I will have a cow- but only time saw my daugh in law wore some pretty heavy sweatpants type pjs -she was 9 mo pregnant... other than that. We put lipstick on, to go to the 7-11 wally world or HD - I know at Wlmrt all shop, just the eliete call it low income shopping ---and those shorty shorts at church- Ok God does accept you, as is--- but that's where the teaching "in love" comes in--- and train the young ladies and gents.
I would MUCH rather see a very pregnant woman in sweats, or even PJs, than in some of the shorts and short tops they wear with 'everything' hanging out. I dunno, maybe they are proud of their pregnancy but it just looks terrible to me. I told my niece, when she was pregnant, that if I EVER saw her dressed like that I'd whoop her butt! lol She never did.

Our pastor has said he doesn't care what people wear to church. He just cares that they are there! It's the kids who dress this way though, not the adults, although they ARE pretty casual anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty