Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 09:04 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times

Advertisements

Not to hijack the thread,
But I thought it was funny,
I was preparing to leave on my motorcycle, and near me was a model was standing out side posing in front of Starbucks the other day like I was suppose to be impressed .
Her photographer was coming out of the store with his latte I could only laugh.
She seemed so impressed with her self.
Wearing fancy clothing in the morning hours while every one else is casual and wearing workout clothing. to funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 10:04 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
When they have "bed head" hair sticking straight up on the back of their head, they get bonus points for authenticity.

I just saw a guy in Lowes 2 days ago with flannel pajamas, slippers and bed head.

WTF is wrong with people? Have they really given up that much?
I think I saw the same guy yesterday!

Look, I don't really CARE what random strangers wear out in public as long as I don't have to look at their butt or their underwear or bare boobs, but there's a difference between caring and NOTICING. I notice when people look good, and I notice when people look bad. I don't think I'm all that unusual.

As for myself, I figure that if I notice when other people look bad, some people may notice when I look bad too. It just doesn't take that much effort to brush my hair and put on something I haven't slept in. Oh, and brush my teeth.

You never know who you'll run into for that matter. There ARE people I'd rather not be around looking like I just rolled out of bed. But for that matter, being married and caring that my husband finds me attractive, I brush my hair and my teeth and wash my face and make an effort not to look like a bedheaded bum around him anyway - after I've had two cups of coffee (but I get up before him anyway so he rarely sees the bleary eyed, bedheaded me). And I appreciate when he does the same.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:09 AM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubs View Post
It makes you look 0 attractive specially women
O really?

Hang on a minute, I'm fairly sure my care factor may rise to zero on this one...

It's often said that my local area is one of the few places left in the world where you can go shopping in full nightwear and not even get looked at twice. I kind of like that. It's a beachside burb and no one gives a toss. In summer half the crowd are wearing barely anything at all so who cares about some tatty pjs?.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:10 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
No offense but it seems like you live in a very low class area.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
No offense but it seems like you live in a very low class area.
Lol it seems I do.

I would call it "quirky" more than low class. It is beachside after all, complete with beachside mansions.

There is a lot of artists and creative folk, maybe that explains the acceptance.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:17 AM

16,904 posts, read 16,127,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Lol it seems I do.

I would call it "quirky" more than low class. It is beachside after all, complete with beachside mansions.

There is a lot of artists and creative folk, maybe that explains the acceptance.

I sure wish I could live there!

Old 11-12-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

I sure wish I could live there!

I moved away, I had to come back.

I felt like a fish out of water. There's so much humanity down here, the other side of town was terribly dull and organised. Not one piece of nightwear to be seen and hardly any face tattoos.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:11 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Lol it seems I do.

I hear you, as an artiest when I'm working I become my art, I get paint, clay or whatever I'm working with all over me....Things do come up, where you don't have the time to change, it like we need go now...Otherwise I dress comfy and clean...

Old 11-12-2013, 11:12 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,631,075 times
Ha Ha!!! See this all the time especially in stores like Wal Mart. I have to laugh, especially at the Sponge Bob ones.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:16 AM

3,433 posts, read 5,746,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Eh, I've walked down to the corner market in yoga pants/pj pants a few times to grab 1 or 2 things.

Of course, I don't really pay much attention to what other people are wearing and my #1 goal in life isn't to be attractive to random strangers.
but having a little self pride never hurts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty