U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2013, 06:13 AM

2,731 posts, read 1,955,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
"Needs to," no. But it isn't necessarily physically harmful (though it's uncomfortable, I bet), and it can be more psychologically healthy than self-hating or self-starving for being boxy.
A person who hates herself by being "boxy" needs much more information of her issue than "fixing it" by wearing a corset. For example that she is not less loved no matter of being "boxy". There always will be people who don't give a damn if people are fruits or letters or hourglasses outside.

And some men do prefer boxes, apples, flatt buttocks and fats and everything what is against only one definition of female beauty. It is hilarious how some people try to feed this bullpoop about "there is only one perfect female body figure" and all others are not sexy but ugly.

Just look around you and you will see how boxes are as loved as every others. No need for self-hate. Would you stop sharing false information and creating a problem called "boxy".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 07:15 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,205,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
A person who hates herself by being "boxy" needs much more information of her issue than "fixing it" by wearing a corset. For example that she is not less loved no matter of being "boxy". There always will be people who don't give a damn if people are fruits or letters or hourglasses outside.

And some men do prefer boxes, apples, flatt buttocks and fats and everything what is against only one definition of female beauty. It is hilarious how some people try to feed this bullpoop about "there is only one perfect female body figure" and all others are not sexy but ugly.

Just look around you and you will see how boxes are as loved as every others. No need for self-hate. Would you stop sharing false information and creating a problem called "boxy".
Where are these men at?
I notice if they do like box shaped women,she has to have large breast or large buutocks attached.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:18 AM

2,731 posts, read 1,955,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Where are these men at?
I notice if they do like box shaped women,she has to have large breast or large buutocks attached.
Are you saying you never seen single boxed skinny woman with a guy after her ?

Have not you for example simple watched tv-shows of real couples getting married, buying a house, troubles with kids etc. where real couples are together? There is all kind of couples in love, neither of them are barbies or kens.

Also if you tend to go concerts, city happenings, school parties, church or other kind of events you will see these all body types with spouses. Even in a super markets or market places. They ARE everywhere, just open your eyes to see them.

Not even large breast or buttocks needed. See what is walking around, observing Your all friends and relatives who are married are perfect hourglasses? Perfectly fit and beauty queens?

Manage yourself to listen when guys are admiring this other type of girls, when they are hitting on them etc.

Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:47 AM

393 posts, read 641,485 times
I think all shapes can be attractive..if they ate well and worked out a bit (men too) although I'm a woman so I can't really speak for what men find attractive..and that in itself is so subjective.

I know men being mean was mentioned a few pages ago, but in my experience women are much more judgmental. I really hate how it's so common for women to automatically diss thinner girls while glorifying women who are borderline obese...big is fine but too big is a tad too close to heart disease and a host of other problems.

I have a pear shape, and it used to really bother me when I was in high school. Now I think it's good. I do still feel self-conscious when wearing dresses. Working out helps, but obviously your body shape is your body shape. I think pear shapes look the best when the stomach is flat and defined (that's me, not men though)..so I work on that. I couldn't care less what size my breasts are...and I actually like them being on the much smaller side than my hips. Looks better in tops, makes it easy to get clothes/bras that fit and I never get bothered by bouncing when working out. They are more practical than bigger breasts.

I have heard all about the extreme boob men in theory but never really met one in practice. Not having big breasts has never affected my dating life...and I feel sad for women who get fake boobs (which in my opinion mostly look insanely bad) just to feel attractive. Not saying bigger breasts aren't attractive..just that it doesn't matter. You can be look attractive if you stay in a healthy weight range and have confidence no matter what your body shape is. Same rule for men.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:05 PM

1 posts, read 873 times
I regards to the best body shape....statistically and over many different cultures, studies show that the hourglass is the most desired body shape. This is supposedly linked to fertility. Apparently hourglass body shapes are 3xs more likely to get pregnant...so they say that it could be an instinctual thing.

I personally think that once you know how to cater to your body and dress your body, your shape won't matter. For example a girl that is more boxy will feel like she doesn't look that great as a curvier girl, but that could be cause she is wearing the wrong clothes. There is actually ways to dress so that you enhance your body shape. I wrote an article on this: [url=http://www.idealbio.com/best-body-shape.html]The Best Body Shape: Is it the Hourglass?[/url]

Chubby, Overweight, skinny, fat! It's all relative to the person looking. Varies from culture to culture. It's based on one's perception. That's why we shouldn't focus on these because its like an illusion. There is no absolute measurement!

In either case, first thing is to just accept yourself! Period! You are what you think! Feed your mind with positive thoughts and say and believe that you are beautiful and trust me, you will become beautiful from the inside out. On first appearance, people look at image, but eventually people fall in love with the whole person.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:15 PM

14,648 posts, read 29,685,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idealbio View Post
I regards to the best body shape....statistically and over many different cultures, studies show that the hourglass is the most desired body shape. This is supposedly linked to fertility. Apparently hourglass body shapes are 3xs more likely to get pregnant...so they say that it could be an instinctual thing.

I personally think that once you know how to cater to your body and dress your body, your shape won't matter. For example a girl that is more boxy will feel like she doesn't look that great as a curvier girl, but that could be cause she is wearing the wrong clothes. There is actually ways to dress so that you enhance your body shape. I wrote an article on this: The Best Body Shape: Is it the Hourglass?

Chubby, Overweight, skinny, fat! It's all relative to the person looking. Varies from culture to culture. It's based on one's perception. That's why we shouldn't focus on these because its like an illusion. There is no absolute measurement!

In either case, first thing is to just accept yourself! Period! You are what you think! Feed your mind with positive thoughts and say and believe that you are beautiful and trust me, you will become beautiful from the inside out. On first appearance, people look at image, but eventually people fall in love with the whole person.
Great post, and I 100% agree.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:33 PM

706 posts, read 911,897 times
In my opinion, having a smaller, defined waist in relation to the boobs and hips/butt is curvy. An hour glass is curvy, so is a coke bottle. Having rolls of fat on ones back, stomach, hips and thighs is not curvy...merely fat. Fat does not say womanly to me...fat simply says fat. Ever wonder why we don't call fat men "curvy"?

Old 12-08-2013, 12:23 AM

Nobody really knows what an hourglass figure eve is....different people have different interetations.

For ex,I think KIM K is an hourglass,but others say she is pear.
Other times,some people say if you have shoulders equal to your hip width,you are an hourglass,while others go by bust,waist,and hip measurement.
Also,someone can have deceiving measurements. 36-24-36 can either be a woman with a small waist and big hips,or a woman with small waist and big butt,but no hips.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:15 PM

11,790 posts, read 12,632,569 times
Quote:

Have not you for example simple watched tv-shows of real couples getting married, buying a house, troubles with kids etc. where real couples are together? There is all kind of couples in love, neither of them are barbies or kens.

Also if you tend to go concerts, city happenings, school parties, church or other kind of events you will see these all body types with spouses. Even in a super markets or market places. They ARE everywhere, just open your eyes to see them.

Not even large breast or buttocks needed. See what is walking around, observing Your all friends and relatives who are married are perfect hourglasses? Perfectly fit and beauty queens?

Manage yourself to listen when guys are admiring this other type of girls, when they are hitting on them etc.

Wonderful post, but you are wasting your time with this person.

Old 12-09-2013, 01:48 AM

Quote:

Well,if beauty is in the eye of the beholder,why do men chase after the curvy celebs,and not the boxy or fat ones?

For the record,I'm talking about boxed shaped skinny and obese women(because you can be obese and boxed shaped)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty