U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 09:17 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,422,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
This what comes to mind when I think curvy ...
that's not curvy. That's skinny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 02:25 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,171,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post
No way. She looks fit with curves. That is not skinny at all.

Are you a big person by chance? I notice the majority of heavier set people have a way different grading curve of what chubby and average is.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:11 AM

2,115 posts, read 2,708,879 times
"curvy" imo is a skinny body with some extra around the chest and sometimes hip area...it's a hot look, not a flabby one...

self-proclaimed "curvy" in media is usually what I call chunky/overweight...

As soon as the term "plus size" come in to play we've passed the curvy section and entered the chunky one, just my opinion

Old 12-11-2013, 08:49 AM

26,873 posts, read 28,145,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldous9 View Post

You can be "skinny" and curvy and not skinny and curvy. You can also be unskinny and un curvy. It is all about ratios and weight distribution. There are some "plus size" women who are curvy and some that aren't.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:38 AM

328 posts, read 394,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
You can be "skinny" and curvy and not skinny and curvy. You can also be unskinny and un curvy. It is all about ratios and weight distribution. There are some "plus size" women who are curvy and some that aren't.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
I look at my silhouette and I see curves, but they are lean and modest. I do not have the extreme gynomorphic hip/waist "sucked in" look that evidently is the bees knees to men, what I have is a toned body with little fat, but my fat happens to be where it creates "curvature". My muscle tone helps too. My breasts are proportioned yet small compared to a thick curvy lady like Kim K. I am a proportioned chick that is tall, yet petite. So, I think I am curvy personally...but many men and women who appreciate a more ample form would likely say "Bish please, you're up and down."

Old 12-11-2013, 10:43 AM

2,627 posts, read 2,113,543 times
Do I really need to waste my time tearing down ridiculous claims? Re various female celebrities. For example, Britney Spears' popularity goes way down when her stomach takes away her curviness, and Mila Kunis is rated much higher by magazines than she is by men and benefits from a personality halo.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:44 AM

2,115 posts, read 2,708,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomed_Shroom12 View Post
I look at my silhouette and I see curves, but they are lean and modest. I do not have the extreme gynomorphic hip/waist "sucked in" look that evidently is the bees knees to men, what I have is a toned body with little fat, but my fat happens to be where it creates "curvature". My muscle tone helps too. My breasts are proportioned yet small compared to a thick curvy lady like Kim K. I am a proportioned chick that is tall, yet petite. So, I think I am curvy personally...but many men and women who appreciate a more ample form would likely say "Bish please, you're up and down."
pic or it never happened

Old 12-11-2013, 01:06 PM

24,757 posts, read 32,896,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This would explain why I got a lot more attention when I went up a size and became technically overweight, than when I was at my ideal weight. I always was an hourglass, due to a small waist, but there was more padding on the curves when I went up a size. So, y'all are keeping secrets, eh? Not letting on that you like a little extra?
For me that has never been a secret.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:51 PM

328 posts, read 394,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
pic or it never happened
I have a family friendly photo up. Dudes clown me all the time so I'm used to.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:13 PM

11,790 posts, read 12,635,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
For me that has never been a secret.
No doubt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty