Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2013, 12:11 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,698,021 times

Advertisements

All people who are seen as curvy by someone and all people who feel they are curvy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 12:23 PM
hvl

403 posts, read 551,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyrue21 View Post
I think pears supposedly hold their weight the best. Hourglasses gain weight in the arms and back. IMO it's pears hourglass and then top heavy shapes that gain weight the best. Rectangular is the worst. And sadly the most popular.

Number 3 is good IMO but she just needs a flatter stomach so she'd get a better whr.

And there's nothing wrong with being short. Short women are actually technically more feminine.
It's not wrong at all and most men certainly agree.

It's just not my thing and I prefer to not have to look downwards. I don't want a woman taller than me, but close in height is best and most attractive, to me. It goes against sexual dimorphism but so what

I'm aware of the various ideals ( ideal whr, ideal average face) but I like beauty that's a little off the ideal.
I've seen many of those "perfect average faces". They're not ugly but they're also very boring.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:28 PM
hvl

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
Well, I agree with that part. "Womanly" implies having a figure that would make a woman attractive to what would I suppose is your "average" man. "Average Joe" types like their women a little more substantial than others. If a man works out and has a tight toned body, he usually likes and expects the same from his woman.
Probably true about like seeking like.

I do know an interesting exception to this : An acquaintance is extremely, extremely fit ( he does ironman competitions) and yet he only likes girls that weight like twice as he does

Old 11-12-2013, 12:30 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,237,259 times
All I know is that I prefer girls like these over stick figures...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Administrator; 01-08-2014 at 05:08 PM.. Reason: copyrights

Old 11-12-2013, 12:34 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvl View Post
Probably true about like seeking like.

I do know an interesting exception to this : An acquaintance is extremely, extremely fit ( he does ironman competitions) and yet he only likes girls that weight like twice as he does
I think this is pretty common. Maybe marathoners like other distance runners but it seems to me typical buff guy is looking for curvy women/king model types/zaftig women.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:43 PM

91 posts, read 232,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post

The second girl isn't even the same as the first... She likely has a 24-25 inch waist and 38-39" hips she's definitely ideal as oppose to the other chick who at least has a 29" waist and 41" hips. She seems more chubby. The other seems fit curvy and perfect.

Old 11-12-2013, 12:57 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
The second girl isn't even the same as the first... She likely has a 24-25 inch waist and 38-39" hips she's definitely ideal as oppose to the other chick who at least has a 29" waist and 41" hips. She seems more chubby. The other seems fit curvy and perfect.
Some people like women who are hippy. Both have good whr even though they are different sizes. Both are curvy, one smaller one larger.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:05 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post

Both look attractive but the Exagerated hip look(#2) reminds me of some Mayan fertility Goddess statue.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:08 PM

91 posts, read 232,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Some people like women who are hippy. Both have good whr even though they are different sizes. Both are curvy, one smaller one larger.

The smaller one is definitely curvier. But that's how it seems to usually be.

I myself think being hippy is definitely sexy. I was just commenting on the excessive belly fat. Hips aren't even fat. They're bones...

Old 11-12-2013, 02:17 PM
hvl

Quote:
Girl on the bottom pic is a living goddess.
Girl on top is pretty hot too though. She's chubby but that's not a problem here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty