Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 11:10 AM
hvl

403 posts, read 551,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelayne View Post
I am a girl but I am a serious minority here. I think America has become far too okay with overweight women. I personally believe a thin figure shows health and dedication and respect for oneself, and the person is likely to have put time and effort into looking good. That picture posted? I definitely pick #2 and as does my dad, #3 was dead last to both of us. He is obviously straight, he has been married for 18 years to my mom who is a pretty, slim woman. My measurements are 32-25-35 and my weight is 115 at 5'5" and I'm actually working on eating very healthy and exercising more to hopefully get my waist down to 24 inches and my thighs down some, and my weight down to 105. Honestly most guys who are attracted to me like girls skinnier than I am. I think it's quite possible that many agree with these opinions but are afraid to say anything because you all cry 'anorexia' at a bmi of 20 or less when in reality 17.9 and below is 'at risk' and can still occur naturally. Plus size models are lazy. They want to sell their face but sit around all day instead of building muscle tone and burning off the fat. They choose to be mediocre. The worst part is that so many have absolutely gorgeous faces but what a shame it is that they treat their bodies like trash cans.

*edit* that most recent girl does too look overweight, you can see it in her face arms waist and what you can see of her legs as well.
People obviously differ in their taste.
I thought woman #3 was pretty much perfect.
Woman #2 wasn't unattractive by any means but woman #3 was hotter.
Woman #1 would need a really, really awesome personality for me to be into her because her body just isn't doing it for me. I'm sure some people in France would still find her fat though, lol.

I'm glad the attitude about weight is relaxed in north-america in general.
I'm not happy about the truly gross obese women out there, but our attitude allows a very large number of women to take it easy when it comes to enjoying food and I like that. I have european women as friends and acquaintances and I pity how they basically view food as an enemy to be wary of all day long. I suppose that you call that self-control. I call that asceticism and while it's a valid lifestyle choice I don't think it's intrinsically superior to non asceticism.

By the way, I'm glad to report that on my last trip to Berlin, I noticed more and more drop dead gorgeous woman #3 types. Combine that body with the height and blondness and that part of the world is fast becoming absolute babe central!

Personally, when I read 105lb as a weight in a personal ad I just skip because the woman is either incredibly skinny or ridiculously short. Below 100lb ? I'm 6'2 and no 100lb woman could possibly be attractive to me. She either looks like a death camp inmate or she's itty bitty tiny, which I don't care about.

Btw where are the guys who are afraid to claim that they like skinny girls ? Maybe among black guys they have to keep quiet but I doubt that's the case among white and other guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 11:13 AM
hvl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
#2 is curvy. #3 is, too, but in an overweight way.

I have to say, after reading this thread, I'm surprised how many people said #3, the clearly overweight one, is hot. The Relationships forum sees so many complaints about American women being "fat", yet "fat" is what a lot of guys go for. When they post pix of their ideal, more often than not, she's "fat" (meaning: overweight). #3 is fat, no ifs, ands, or *ahem* ... buts. But the extra weight is well-distributed. Still, there's no doubt that she's a plus-size. That's fine, if that's what a lot of guys like. But they should stop ranting on other threads/forums about the increase in average weight in US women, then.
They're complaining about women much fatter than woman #3.
Their nightmare and mine too are like that woman with the pooch at the beginning of this thread
Woman #3 is at the beginning of being fat, imho.

Not sure why the skinny are on the defensive here. This is an internet forum where some men face no consequence for stating that they like woman #3. Don't worry. In real life, they'll only admit to liking woman #2 and woman #1 so skinny 85lb girls you're still the idea. I will readily admit to being a woman #3 lover even in public but most men won't, unless they're black or something.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:20 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvl View Post
They're complaining about women much fatter than woman #3.
Their nightmare and mine too are like that woman with the pooch at the beginning of this thread
Woman #3 is at the beginning of being fat, imho.

Not sure why the skinny are on the defensive here. This is an internet forum where some men face no consequence for stating that they like woman #3. Don't worry. In real life, they'll only admit to liking woman #2 and woman #1 so skinny 85lb girls you're still the idea. I will readily admit to being a woman #3 lover even in public but most men won't, unless they're black or something.
This would explain why I got a lot more attention when I went up a size and became technically overweight, than when I was at my ideal weight. I always was an hourglass, due to a small waist, but there was more padding on the curves when I went up a size. So, y'all are keeping secrets, eh? Not letting on that you like a little extra?

Old 11-12-2013, 11:25 AM
hvl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This would explain why I got a lot more attention when I went up a size and became technically overweight, than when I was at my ideal weight. I always was an hourglass, due to a small waist, but there was more padding on the curves when I went up a size. So, y'all are keeping secrets, eh? Not letting on that you like a little extra?
In my opinion, hourglass shaped women are lucky in that they have a lot of leeway when it comes to weight. A woman who's cylinder shaped pretty much *has* to be very skinny to look presentable. An hourglass shaped babe can indulge in cake much more and remain very hot way, way longer lol. Just my opinion

Old 11-12-2013, 11:32 AM

474 posts, read 905,324 times
"Curvy" has been stolen by fat women so they feel better about being fat. They can describe themselves as curvy. It is now a code word for fat.

A truly curvy woman looks like Raquel Welch or Sophia Vergara. They likely have more body fat than a lean person like Sandra Bullock. And they have the genetic gift of body fat located in the right places.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:38 AM

91 posts, read 232,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvl View Post
In my opinion, hourglass shaped women are lucky in that they have a lot of leeway when it comes to weight. A woman who's cylinder shaped pretty much *has* to be very skinny to look presentable. An hourglass shaped babe can indulge in cake much more and remain very hot way, way longer lol. Just my opinion
I think pears supposedly hold their weight the best. Hourglasses gain weight in the arms and back. IMO it's pears hourglass and then top heavy shapes that gain weight the best. Rectangular is the worst. And sadly the most popular.

Number 3 is good IMO but she just needs a flatter stomach so she'd get a better whr.

And there's nothing wrong with being short. Short women are actually technically more feminine.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:47 AM

3,083 posts, read 4,857,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazznblues View Post
"Curvy" has been stolen by fat women so they feel better about being fat. They can describe themselves as curvy. It is now a code word for fat.

A truly curvy woman looks like Raquel Welch or Sophia Vergara. They likely have more body fat than a lean person like Sandra Bullock. And they have the genetic gift of body fat located in the right places.
I tend to agree...there is a difference between curvy and chunky. Lots of women (and girls) put on 25-40 pounds more than they need and then define themselves as curvy so they can feel ok with not trying to lose it (through diet and exercise).

Old 11-12-2013, 11:53 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,728,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I've always thought of "womanly" as specifically referring to lush, motherly, fertile-type body. She's got breasts and child-bearing hips. Not necessarily Venus of Willendorf, but not a skinny girl.
Well, I agree with that part. "Womanly" implies having a figure that would make a woman attractive to what would I suppose is your "average" man. "Average Joe" types like their women a little more substantial than others. If a man works out and has a tight toned body, he usually likes and expects the same from his woman.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:54 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,590,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livelayne View Post
Yes. You never see people who eat real, organic foods look unhealthy! They always look radiant, happy and healthy. Most of the people I know balk at my food choices. For example my dinner of quinoa with chopped kalamata olives and tomatoes is absolutely unheard of to most of the people I know, and salads are 'rabbit food' because I don't use fatty, processed dressing. I think many need some education on what foods are good for us....

Agree~ For dinner I had organic raised Chicken, side with organic veggies from out garden....It was yummy and filling....Reason people are hunger is due to the food being so over processed, boxed, fast food etc , it has no real nutritional value, it's empty, sugars, salt, MSG, GMO, hormones, antibiotics, chemicals ,nitrate etc, etc, the list goes on.... The body doesn't know what to do with these foreign substance , nor do they satisfied, so it say feed me, what really taking place is your body thinks it's in starvation mode , so it pack all these foreign substance away as fat, in-turn you keep gaining ....

Old 11-12-2013, 12:02 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,871,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
I tend to agree...there is a difference between curvy and chunky. Lots of women (and girls) put on 25-40 pounds more than they need and then define themselves as curvy so they can feel ok with not trying to lose it (through diet and exercise).
Curvy is a shape not a size. There are people who gain weight and are curvy. And other people who gain weight and are not curvy. And people who are slim and curvy. And others that are curvy at all weights. It depends on how you distribute your weight.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty