Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 10:08 AM

632 posts, read 932,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Wild colors!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2013, 10:09 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,657,526 times
4, a bit over 50.

Old 12-07-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540_804 View Post
This is ridiculous and it's a good thing you aren't the arbiter of masculinity (or anything for that matter).

And FYI, we can tell the difference between your cheap Wal-Mart shoes and higher quality shoes.
Lol!

Old 12-07-2013, 08:40 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,950,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_96 View Post
Wild colors!
Those are some of their tamer combinations...

I really like the green ones. They're pretty wicked.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:30 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 540_804 View Post
This is ridiculous and it's a good thing you aren't the arbiter of masculinity (or anything for that matter).

And FYI, we can tell the difference between your cheap Wal-Mart shoes and higher quality shoes.
Don't care if you can tell or not. As I said, I wear those knock off dress shoes for weddings and funerals. When not at work, I wear those high end New Balance because of foot problems. The $50 use to work for my feet until I rolled my foot on loose gravel and my arch fell. If it weren't for that, I'd still be wearing those $50 sneakers. I'm proud to say I never bought a pair of sneakers with a celebrity's name attached.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Don't care if you can tell or not. As I said, I wear those knock off dress shoes for weddings and funerals. When not at work, I wear those high end New Balance because of foot problems. The $50 use to work for my feet until I rolled my foot on loose gravel and my arch fell. If it weren't for that, I'd still be wearing those $50 sneakers. I'm proud to say I never bought a pair of sneakers with a celebrity's name attached.
To each his own. I like the look and feel of sneakers. I don't care whether or not a celebrity endorsed them. I wear Puma Suedes and Clydes, which were celebrity endorsed back in the stone age, but that's not why I like them. I loathe dress shoes and have to wear them 5 days a week, so I love the chance to break out the sneaks. Even when I have to get dressed up on the weekends slightly, I often just throw a sport jacket over a nice collared shirt, a pair of jeans, and sneakers.

Old 12-08-2013, 08:53 AM

17,620 posts, read 17,674,997 times
Quote:
To each his own. I like the look and feel of sneakers. I don't care whether or not a celebrity endorsed them. I wear Puma Suedes and Clydes, which were celebrity endorsed back in the stone age, but that's not why I like them. I loathe dress shoes and have to wear them 5 days a week, so I love the chance to break out the sneaks. Even when I have to get dressed up on the weekends slightly, I often just throw a sport jacket over a nice collared shirt, a pair of jeans, and sneakers.
Agree on hating dress shoes. The knock off dress shoes I wore had a soft rubber sole with arch support, something lacking in traditional dress shoes. Other problem I have is the top of my foot has a high angle. Traditional dress shoes cuts into the top of my feet. The appearance of my shoes is the last thing I consider when buying sneakers. Fit and comfort always comes first. If the perfect fit and comfort shoes are a horrible color and pattern, I'll also buy a can of black spray paint.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Agree on hating dress shoes. The knock off dress shoes I wore had a soft rubber sole with arch support, something lacking in traditional dress shoes. Other problem I have is the top of my foot has a high angle. Traditional dress shoes cuts into the top of my feet. The appearance of my shoes is the last thing I consider when buying sneakers. Fit and comfort always comes first. If the perfect fit and comfort shoes are a horrible color and pattern, I'll also buy a can of black spray paint.
I used to have a problem with some dress shoes cutting into my ankle. Horrible. It went away after I broke the shoes in.

I agree on fit and comfort, but I've always been able to get fit and comfort in sneakers that look the way I want.

Plus, I've gotten to the point in my life at which I don't care how people judge what I wear and I am pretty comfortable wearing what I want and dressing down a bit. I don't feel as if I have to fill a certain role or maintain a certain look anymore. People can take me as I am. It's liberating to feel this way.

Old 12-08-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Those are some of their tamer combinations...

I really like the green ones. They're pretty wicked.
What other color combos do you have? My only pair of Pumas are white with black trim. Theyre pretty cool though!

Old 12-08-2013, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_96 View Post
What other color combos do you have? My only pair of Pumas are white with black trim. Theyre pretty cool though!
I have blue with white stripe, green with black stripe, dark blue with red stripe, black with orange stripe and white leather with black stripe.

I wore through my first pair with blue stripe after I beat the hell out of them, and I had to get rid of them. I have demoted another pair -- silver with navy stripe -- to garden work.

Currently, my daily wear is the white leather with black stripe. The only pair I've ever had trouble with is the black with orange stripe. I retired them when I found they weren't suitable for walking a lot during my trip to Boston in June. It's a mystery because they're the same model - Clydes - as my pair with white leather and black stripe, and I wore those walking miles and miles around London and Boston with no problem whatsoever.

I have yet to wear the green with black stripe or new blue with white stripe. I'm going to wait until my current daily pair wears down a bit more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty