Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2014, 03:07 PM

632 posts, read 932,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Who can tell? I buy them, I wear them, they get worn, I buy more. Occasionally I throw out the most worn ones when I find them in odd places around the house. I wear them almost exclusively -- I have my newest pair I wear to work, at least one older pair I wear when I'm going out in the dirt, a pair with high-traction soles I use when hiking, and a gray pair I wear when I should really wear regular shoes. I'm in the 40-49 age group.

I didn't wear them to my wedding though; sandals for that, actually.
What kind of work do you do where you can wear sneakers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 05:55 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,208,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_96 View Post
What kind of work do you do where you can wear sneakers?
Software engineer.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:11 PM

10,075 posts, read 14,952,774 times
Quote:
Guys, how many pairs of sneakers do you own and what's your age group?
Zero and I'm in my late 20's. When I was a teenager I used to wear sneakers to fit in, but I never truly liked wearing them. I also used to wear other types of clothes to fit in, but in high school I adopted the "everyone be damned, I'm comfortable wearing the stuff I like to wear and everyone will have to just accept me like this" mantra. That was one of the best things I have done in my life. Its basically well fitted clothes. lol

Old 01-22-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Zero and I'm in my late 20's. When I was a teenager I used to wear sneakers to fit in, but I never truly liked wearing them. I also used to wear other types of clothes to fit in, but in high school I adopted the "everyone be damned, I'm comfortable wearing the stuff I like to wear and everyone will have to just accept me like this" mantra. That was one of the best things I have done in my life. Its basically well fitted clothes. lol
Yep! To each his own!

Old 01-22-2014, 07:14 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,947,316 times
Quote:
Yep! To each his own!
True.

But I wish I could wear sneakers to work. That would be so cool. I went to private school where wearing sneakers was forbidden, so we used to try to get away with it in certain classes. Sometimes we got away with it, sometimes not. But wearing sneakers was always the forbidden fruit/comfort, as well as a mark of rebellion against rules. I still think of them that way.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:14 PM

156 posts, read 244,805 times
Oh look, a place for me to talk about my PUMAs.

I've got three pairs. One "normal" pair with black suede and white stripes, and two racing/driving pair that are low to the ground and pretty much wrap around my feet. Love the design of them. One of those is white leather with gray stripes and the other is a dark blue suede with white stripes. I'm a little disappointed with the latter, as I expected the blue to be a little brighter when buying online.

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention: 19y/o male in college.

Old 01-23-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeopleAreStrange View Post
Oh look, a place for me to talk about my PUMAs.

I've got three pairs. One "normal" pair with black suede and white stripes, and two racing/driving pair that are low to the ground and pretty much wrap around my feet. Love the design of them. One of those is white leather with gray stripes and the other is a dark blue suede with white stripes. I'm a little disappointed with the latter, as I expected the blue to be a little brighter when buying online.

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention: 19y/o male in college.
You and Dazzleman will get along well. I only have one pair of Pumas

Old 01-23-2014, 11:23 AM

686 posts, read 1,231,031 times
Quote:
Guys, how many pairs of sneakers do you own and what's your age group?
I have 5 pairs of tennis shoes.

One pair dedicated to running - Nike Flyknit.
One pair dedicated to cross training - Asics (retired running shoes)
One pair dedicated to weight lifting - Converse All Stars
One pair dedicated to casual everyday wear - New Balance/Vibram Minimus
One pair dedicated for dirty jobs around the house (yard work, painting, etc.) - Sauconys (retired running shoes).

Old 01-23-2014, 02:59 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,294,560 times
One pair: for working out only. I wear dress shoes in public.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:03 PM

373 posts, read 589,468 times
One. Completely falling apart. I actually repaired the heel end of one of them because it tore. Reason is that every time I go out and buy new ones, they look like nurse's shoes once I put them on and so I take them back. Very difficult to find good looking sneakers for men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty