Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 08:35 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times

Advertisements

Count me in as a sock wearer. My feet have to stay warm or I will be cold. I also wear slippers pretty much all the time. With socks.

The best part -- I use a pumice stone lightly daily on my feet, and a nail brush on my toes --scrubby!

Just takes a minute to do this. Afterwards, I use Curel Foot Therapy cream and rub it in well. Put on my socks and get ready for work.

I keep my feet in soft tickle me mode all year round. Summer sandal weather is actually hard on my feet. Not keeping them covered means the moisture leaves my feet. More pumicing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 08:41 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,198,926 times
How often do you wash your socks. I always end up with itchy and sweaty feet within 2 days of wearing a new pair and my socks become smellier then the fresh kills landfill .

My feet are really smooth though, if that makes any difference. I never had a dried or cracked foot problem at all.

I had to run to the restroom and remove my socks today because my feet were itching & sweating like crazy. This always happens to me when I wear the same socks for more than 2 days and is often very embarrassing.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 11-19-2013 at 09:09 PM..

Old 11-19-2013, 10:04 PM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times
I love goofy, silly socks. I always have.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:41 PM

21,530 posts, read 8,714,516 times
My favorite socks are Happy Socks. They are the most comfortable socks I've ever worn, and come in all sorts of fun, colorful designs. I friend gave me three pairs for Christmas, and I've been hooked ever since.

Happy Socks

Old 11-20-2013, 07:18 AM

9,006 posts, read 13,830,041 times
I like the socks that seperate the toes the best.

I have to wear socks in 100 degree weather. I just love socks in general.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:44 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
How often do you wash your socks. I always end up with itchy and sweaty feet within 2 days of wearing a new pair and my socks become smellier then the fresh kills landfill .

My feet are really smooth though, if that makes any difference. I never had a dried or cracked foot problem at all.

I had to run to the restroom and remove my socks today because my feet were itching & sweating like crazy. This always happens to me when I wear the same socks for more than 2 days and is often very embarrassing.
I don't know if you are being serious or not, but you should only be wearing your socks once, then wash them.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:46 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I was just doing laundry and was thinking to myself that I probably didn't need to buy the socks I just got the other day.

Socks. Those are my things. Some people like shoes, some people love scarves, some people like jeans, etc, etc. I like socks. I like stripes and polka dots, of course I like argyle.

The ones I just got are Tommy Hilfiger. Those are my favorites to get. Not too outrageous but also not plain. So very comfortable.

My daughter is also a "sockie." She likes the bold and outrageous styles, however.

What about you?
I am the opposite of you. I forego socks as long as I possibly can. I live in a northern climate, but am the first person at the most vague hint of warmth in the spring to bust out sandals, and the last to retire them. Bare feet forever!

Old 11-20-2013, 07:50 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,392,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
I've always loved socks! Handmade ones are the best, though. Custom fit!
I'm a knitter - haven't tackled making socks yet but plan to as soon as I've built my skill a little....

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Quote:
I don't know if you are being serious or not, but you should only be wearing your socks once, then wash them.
Honestly, there isn't ANYthing I wash after just one wearing/use, outside of underwear and washcloths. Granted, I don't really have sweaty or stinky feet, or it might make a difference, but I usually get a couple of wearings out of socks, unless they end up getting soiled, like from hiking a muddy trail or something. I don't wear gross socks or anything, but my socks are normally clean after, say, a normal day's wearing. I feel like most clothing is cheaply made and doesn't hold up very well to begin with, and overwashing doesn't do much to extend the life of clothes. I wash stuff when it's dirty, sure, but for me, one wearing seldom equals "dirty."

11,879 posts, read 14,198,926 times
Quote:
Got it . I think the issue has been addressed. No wonder I feel uncomfortable in socks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty