Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Basketball stars in suits: Magic Johnson Vs Shaq
Magic Johnson 1 33.33%
Shaq 2 66.67%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 08:00 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,007,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
I'm electing the refuse to endorse either option

Given, it's an old pic, but they looked ridiculous then. Dress how you like, but I wouldn't be taking styling cues from either. They both make MW look slim fitting.
Yikes, that looks horrible! I never thought about it before, but I guess if you're a big guy suits with high buttons do not look good. There is just too much fabric there. I agree with the other poster who said it looks like he's wearing a rain coat. I more traditional suit jacket would look much better, and definitely one that is tailored to fit his body. He does not look comfortable in that outfit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2013, 04:30 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,374,384 times
Default Dr. J and Kareem

Dr. J was always a classy dresser in his later years. He wore conventional business suits with natural shoulders, which I think are the classiest suits. It's rare to see this level of class in the dress of today's NBA stars. Same with Kareem.

I can't pick. To being with, I'm not a fan of the shaved head. I think it diminishes from the quality of a good suit, and I find the shaved head look purely low class. I have seen Shaq and Magic wear suits with padded shoulders which I thought looked hideous. It was as if their big body was too big for their peanut heads. Magic here ads teeth that look unnaturally whitened. Too contrived.

Tremendous edge to Dr. J and Kareem.

The worst dresser that I have ever seen is Michael Jordan. He's the king of the big, padded, sloped shoulder-wear. Ugly, unflattering, pathetic. He has such poor taste in clothing.

Old 11-26-2013, 06:07 AM

2,222 posts, read 3,599,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Dr. J was always a classy dresser in his later years. He wore conventional business suits with natural shoulders, which I think are the classiest suits. It's rare to see this level of class in the dress of today's NBA stars. Same with Kareem.

I can't pick. To being with, I'm not a fan of the shaved head. I think it diminishes from the quality of a good suit, and I find the shaved head look purely low class. I have seen Shaq and Magic wear suits with padded shoulders which I thought looked hideous. It was as if their big body was too big for their peanut heads. Magic here ads teeth that look unnaturally whitened. Too contrived.

Tremendous edge to Dr. J and Kareem.

The worst dresser that I have ever seen is Michael Jordan. He's the king of the big, padded, sloped shoulder-wear. Ugly, unflattering, pathetic. He has such poor taste in clothing
Good God yes ... I was just thinking that if there was ever a thread on basketball legends on here, it should be about the many L's of Michael Jordan

Old 11-26-2013, 09:19 AM

809 posts, read 1,272,847 times
Sportspersons are the last persons to look to when it comes to suits, unless it's someone like Beckham.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:00 AM

2,754 posts, read 7,419,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
I know that Shaquille O'Neil is a very tall man but his suits tend to look like trench coats or capes. It seems like everything he wears is oversized even for his size.
I agree with this. I've seen him wear tall, zuit suit type suits. Magic has always had good style.

Shaq has dressed better though, since becoming a tv analyst..

Old 11-26-2013, 11:42 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,198,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
Sportspersons are the last persons to look to when it comes to suits, unless it's someone like Beckham.
I know. Just put it out there for fun. I like Shaq's sense of humor though. Nobody beats Shaq daddy when it comes to guts and swag .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty