U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 01:38 PM
miu

16,475 posts, read 33,443,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lov-soccer-93 View Post
hey .i think it is the best part to ask u guys a "q".i'm doing fashion around the world. And i have a q.do American people’s get their fashion from European people or European people get their fashion from American people.I really need u to answer this "q".if u don't know the answer then don't post any thing from ur opinions.
I think that American fashion comes from America and is not directly influenced by European fashions. We have some great fashion designers of our own. Then I think that many people are influenced by seeing what the hollywood types are wearing.

I do shop for all kinds of fashions on eBay. And I've noticed that international offerings are all in sizes smaller than American sizes in both male and female clothing. It makes me feel that Americans are quite bovine by comparison. With the British, I think that their uniform for the men is still a nice tweed jacket from Harrods with the appropriate accessories. In the early 80's, I had various people being me back wonderful punk rock clothing, including a pair of black leather pants without seams in the knees. I've visited Paris twice and never felt the need to bring back any boutique clothing. At full retail, it was all too pricey for my beer budget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2007, 01:19 PM

4 posts, read 12,569 times
Smile fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I think that American fashion comes from America and is not directly influenced by European fashions. We have some great fashion designers of our own. Then I think that many people are influenced by seeing what the hollywood types are wearing.

I do shop for all kinds of fashions on eBay. And I've noticed that international offerings are all in sizes smaller than American sizes in both male and female clothing. It makes me feel that Americans are quite bovine by comparison. With the British, I think that their uniform for the men is still a nice tweed jacket from Harrods with the appropriate accessories. In the early 80's, I had various people being me back wonderful punk rock clothing, including a pair of black leather pants without seams in the knees. I've visited Paris twice and never felt the need to bring back any boutique clothing. At full retail, it was all too pricey for my beer budget.
thanks 4 the info. But i heard that Americans fashion comes from European fashion designers. and i think too.i lov a lot of European fashion they have good teats.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:55 PM

15,535 posts, read 35,666,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lov-soccer-93 View Post
thanks 4 the info. But i heard that Americans fashion comes from European fashion designers. and i think too.i lov a lot of European fashion they have good teats.
Good teats???

I thought this was about FASHION!

Have we now emigrated to the subject of bovines? Wait - somebody DID mention bovines up here somewhere!

Old 12-25-2007, 11:44 AM

307 posts, read 1,287,488 times
Well I know one thing. Most of Americans aside from Manhattan area dress homely compared to most of Europeans.

Prada, Dior, Dolce, are all very common from my country. especially from other countries like russia, france, and england.

Old 12-26-2007, 04:15 PM

218 posts, read 995,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beliy Plashik View Post
Well I know one thing. Most of Americans aside from Manhattan area dress homely compared to most of Europeans.

Prada, Dior, Dolce, are all very common from my country. especially from other countries like russia, france, and england.
I was just in Paris and did not see any fabulously dressed women or men. I stayed in Madeleine so I was in a pretty upscale area. The biggest difference I could tell is that most people were dressed in business clothes and not the big baggy clothing we seem to favor. Honestly I saw better dressed people in Madrid. However, and on an entirely different topic, I saw some absolutely beautiful men in Paris! Oo la,la!

Old 12-26-2007, 04:31 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,110,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
coldwine,

The English, for the most part, dress horrible. Don't get me wrong, I love the English, but their outfits and their cooking has fallen way behind the rest of the Europe. I don't understand it, they are right there next to France. Are they not paying attention?
Have you thought that maybe you are the one that has it wrong ?

Old 12-27-2007, 12:02 PM

3,567 posts, read 7,518,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millie61 View Post
Have you thought that maybe you are the one that has it wrong ?
No, I'm pretty sure that I have flawless fashion sense, whether it be haute couture or otherwise.

Secondly, NYC is the fashion capital of the world and that is undisputed. Milan is a pretty good runway stopover. People vaguely associate fashion with Paris just as we think of grit when we think of NYC... but the heart and soul of fashion creation is Manhattan. If you're going to make it, you can only do so there.

Old 12-27-2007, 02:42 PM

4 posts, read 12,569 times
hey guys it's a place to be frindely not to say mean stuff.thanksTwinkle Toes Dancing Queen.i really like thise palce.u guys have somthing that starts with J K M N P Q R T U W X Y Z.and it is about fashion .u don't kave to give me all the letters.thanks.lov sour

Old 12-27-2007, 02:59 PM

307 posts, read 1,287,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelongboatkey View Post
I was just in Paris and did not see any fabulously dressed women or men. I stayed in Madeleine so I was in a pretty upscale area. The biggest difference I could tell is that most people were dressed in business clothes and not the big baggy clothing we seem to favor. Honestly I saw better dressed people in Madrid. However, and on an entirely different topic, I saw some absolutely beautiful men in Paris! Oo la,la!

Actually you are right, the baggy clothing style in America is kind of trashy in opinion. I see guys especially buying expensive baggy clothes that make them look like "hoods" and "homeless" people. I know it just a "style" but the society kind of set the line of what is considered classy & trashy.

But I agree with you.
Beautiful men in Paris? -- very right about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty