U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 11:43 AM

15,533 posts, read 35,652,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinnyGin View Post
Helllo Twinkle Toes,

What part of CA do you live? What other treatments do you offer.
I'm buying a vacation home in LV, should be completed by Feb 08.
I'm planning some skiing in CA, do you have any suggestions?

GinnyGin x UK
Well, they aren't treatments that I offer ... they are treatments I have done. I have my IPL treatments done at Vincent Sofonio's office at Eisenhower Medical Center in Rancho Mirage. I also go to Dr. Matthew Werner at La Quinta Med Spa in La Quinta for botox, juvederm and dermaplaning. Dr. Werner also has an IPL laser machine at his facility.

This desert is a very affluent area with a lot of baby boomers who want to stay young looking, so pretty much any doctor out here who does anything with the skin offers IPL. BTW, Las Vegas (going the back way) is about 3 hours from here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 08:29 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,564,608 times
[quote=GinnyGin;2618079]Hello,

IPL (Intense Pulse Light)

Hair Reduction
IPL deliveres safe bursts of light which are absorbed by the melanin in your hair, destroying the folicle from the root with minimun discomfort and no side effects. The results are effective, long-lasting, quick, virtually pain -free and clinically safe.

Rosacea
Carefully controlled pulses of light target the surrounding affected areas which are easily absorbed by haemoglobin in the red blood sells. This then damages the wall of the blood vessels allowing the body's own natural defence to remove this tissue.

Photo rejuvenation
Advanced non-invasive beauty treatment
You can defy and reverse the signs of ageing
Works by reducing fine lines and ageing spots whilst boosting the production of collagen and elastin to create youthful, fresh and smoother looking skin.

Also effective with IPL:
Birthmmarks
Facial Thread and Spider veins
permanent Hair Reduction
Photo rejuvenation
Rosacea
Sun Damage Skin
Vascular Lesion

I'm sure you have this treatment in the US, if not i need to get over there and take some bookings. I do know you have simular alternatives LHE (Light Heat Energy) use only by DR's in the US. This is a great system but in the wrong hands can cause scar tissue to form, this can be very hot, unlike IPL.

Choose your tech/Dr and research research

Hope this helps

GinnyGin UK

Moderator cut: advertising

Wow...very informative, and it certainly sounds like, you KNOW what you are talking about!
It sounds like, that would be something I should check into, and will definitely consider down the road....but very soon.
I do have sun damage and blotching in my face....thank's to Teenage Acne, sun and tanning bed abuse.
Thank god, the wrinkles aren't as bad....YET! (Thank's to a complete skin care regime with moisturizers, and the once a week/ every other week microdermabrasion.)
Thank's for the "in debt" explanation and info (easy enough for me to understand....LOL)

Last edited by jeannie216; 02-07-2008 at 03:54 PM..

Old 01-28-2008, 03:39 PM

79 posts, read 431,085 times
Default Ipl

Hello All,

WOW, Thank you for all your reply's.

GinnyGin xx UK

Old 06-01-2008, 08:21 PM

10 posts, read 10,293 times
Default Laser for age spots....did it work for you??? :o)

Hello GinnyGin and Twinkle Toes:

I wish in the worst way to take the laser treatment discussed here for my brown spots on my arms and back of my hands. It will cost a fortune so I hope someone here could tell me whether it REALLY worked and in how long a time? Whether it changed the color of the rest of the skin, etc.? I'm white and old...so does it also take off veins and wrinkles, etc. from the arms and hands???

I live in NYC and found a local place that does the laser, they call it "Photo Facials" but they don't mention on their ad "IPL". Do you think Photo Facials and IPL are one and the same? Or 2 different methods? This place says to REDUCE "fine lines, wrinkles, acne, scars, veins, brown spots and more." If I'll pay a fortune, I don't know whether it makes sense to go for only REDUCED?

Twinkle, you seem to be awfully happy with it. Did you take it only once a year from the start, or did you start with a series of them then reduced to once a year? And did it take it all, or only reduced it?

GinnyGin, I know you wrote back in Feb. 08 so you may be back in England by now! But if as you say, you want to come to the US for business, please let me know to see if what you offer is REALLY effective and it won't cost me the entire arms... LOL!

I beg you both (and anyone else at this forum) for an answer to my questions, and any additional info you care to give. I anticipate my deep thanks for your help and am anxiously awaiting to hear from all of you.

Rosedala

Old 06-01-2008, 09:17 PM

131 posts, read 448,501 times
I was watching tv the other night and the show I was watching was called
" Make Me Look 10 Years Younger" or something like that. A woman in her early 40s had a lot of sun damage, age spots, and redness. They took her to a doctor in NYC who must be rather famous because I have also seen him on the Today Show years ago showing the new kind of liposuction. Anyway, he used a mild sedation and used some kind of laser on her skin. He said the name of it so quickly, that I didn't catch it. But, it looked like he was using a kind of eraser. After the redness wore off, she looked teriffic. I wonder if anyone caught that show and got the name of the laser or procedure.

Thanks.
Joycie

Old 06-01-2008, 09:52 PM

5,070 posts, read 8,765,860 times
My doctor has use some kind of very cold foam which takes care of the spots on my forehead. It works pretty well.

I'd like to add that age spots are actually the result of sun damage. I don't know where the term "age spots" came from, other than the fact that they begin to show up when a person gets a few years under his belt. I've seen pictures that were taken under a special light that showed skin damage that couldn't be seen, otherwise. Teens have already had 80% to 90% of the sun damage, already. I've been preaching that kids need to quit "laying out" and going to these UV parlors. Some sun is beneficial, but too much is definitely not.

Old 06-02-2008, 12:44 PM

170 posts, read 825,390 times
IPL is also great for hyperpigmentation. I had some areas on the sides of my neck (genetic inheritance) and when I had my IPL treatments for my rosacea I had the neck done as well. The large dark brown areas faded out almost completely with the series of treatments.

I've had one age spot on my left hand ( I noticed it appeared the summer that I started using the pill) and my dermatologist used liquid nitrogen to take it off. The area scabbed over and when the scab came off the age spot was completely unnoticeable.

Old 06-02-2008, 07:26 PM

10 posts, read 10,293 times
Hi JoycieM, do you happen to remember in what TV channel they showed "Make Me Look 10 Years Younger"? And approximate date? Perhaps I could find it in their website. If you do remember, could you let me know the letters of the channel since the numbers might be different. Thanks. Rosedala

Old 06-03-2008, 04:33 PM

131 posts, read 448,501 times
Hi Rosedala! What a good idea to look the show up on the net. I never even thought of that. I finally found it and it airs on The Learning Channel. It is rather interesting. However, I haven't found the show that I saw last week. They do use dentists and doctors to help with the process. However, they do not use any invasive procedures. They also do a makeover regarding hair, makeup, and wardrobe. The end result is truly amazing. The participants really look so much younger.

Thanks for the offer of help!!!

Joycie

Old 06-03-2008, 07:07 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosedala View Post
Hi JoycieM, do you happen to remember in what TV channel they showed "Make Me Look 10 Years Younger"? And approximate date? Perhaps I could find it in their website. If you do remember, could you let me know the letters of the channel since the numbers might be different. Thanks. Rosedala
The show is called "10 Years Younger" and it runs on TLC.

Find info on the show here:

10 Years Younger : Fashion Guide : TLC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty