Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 05:08 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I think she was beautiful, but not conventionally "pretty" - which is different. I loved her look! She was stunning and striking.

By contrast, Kate Middleton is more conventionally "pretty". Yet, I don't think she is as striking or stunning, if that makes any sense.

Both are or were beautiful women. There are different types of beauty, and the two of them, from the same country, are quite the opposites.
I agree; I always thought Diana was beautiful with her pale skin and blonde hair. Like a perfect porcelain doll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 07:05 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,429,640 times
Dianas inner beauty shone through and made her more beautiful than ever. Classy and elegant she was a role model for so many of us in the 80's.

I got to meet her at a the commissioning of a submarine my [then] husband was assigned to, we attended the afternoon meet and greet my daughter who was then about 20 months old was dancing by the small quartet, she was wearing a dress with blue polka dots with a blue pleated skirt bottom. Diana was wearing a polka dot blouse with a blue skirt (and heels), she saw my daughter and went over and scooper her up. For about 20 minutes we watched as she mingled and talked to others with my daughter on her hip, just as natural as that. When she brought her back over to us she said we should take her back before she ran off with her.
This was post breakup with Charles and there had been requests for no photos so alas only proof is from other family members who were also there.

Such a lovely genuine person, she had a way of making everyone at ease in her presence.

Old 01-26-2018, 07:12 AM

4,565 posts, read 5,419,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Diana looked lovely on her wedding day.
]
One of the things I like to do is check the posting history of people who revive old threads. ESPECIALLY when they seem to be "new members". You know, to sort of "profile" them. Usually its always someone who was recently banned who came back with new profile/user name.

Your posting "history" is interesting. Its like all you were doing was copying and pasting random YouTube videos in as many different forums and threads as possible in the shortest amount of time possible. All like were like only a couple of minutes apart. Like you were just trying to quickly create a posting "history" for yourself.

Last edited by Kings Gambit; 01-26-2018 at 07:25 AM..

Old 03-02-2018, 03:55 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,544,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Look, she was pretty. And at least made Prince Charles have some decent looking kids! That was a feat in and of it self!
I think Dianna was beautiful inside and out. She didn't deserve that unhappy marriage.

Thanks for the laugh about Prince Charles/kids. If he and Cam had produced children, can you imagine? Hopelessly ugly.

Old 04-25-2018, 08:48 PM

55 posts, read 63,923 times
Diana was very beautiful in the early 80s when she was fresh and young. But she did not age well at all. I understand she went thru some mental and physical challenges so that must have taken a toll on her face. She was still attractive but she lost the round youthfulness in her face. Her face hardened and appeared "mannish" or Handsome. And all the tanning didn't help. I was surprised that she was only 36 when she died. I thought she was about 5 to 10 yrs older.

Old 04-26-2018, 04:01 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
I remember earl on the the marriage the couple came to Glasgow on a visit... it was to do with Youth and my daughter was in a dance troupe from a housing estate where we lived a poor area. but it was a great place for kids to get off the streets and be creative..... this troupe of young dancers were chosen to have lunch with Charles and Diana and she was sitting nearly facing them at the long table, I couldnt believe it when she came home and told me , she seems so matter of fact about it being only eleven... I kept asking questions about Di to her.. She said they were both good fun and laughing a lot with them...having wee jokes.. and were both lovely......I asked her if Diana was lovely....Her response.........She has a big nose and big giant feet.......oh dear....the honesty of children...but she did have a look and wore clothes well.. nice teeth , eyes and lovely hair..

Old 04-30-2018, 11:40 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Clearly a very old thread, but I've never run across it. My reaction? If Diana wasn't beautiful, then the vast majority of us don't have a fighting chance of being considered even moderately attractive.

Old 04-30-2018, 01:29 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Clearly a very old thread, but I've never run across it. My reaction? If Diana wasn't beautiful, then the vast majority of us don't have a fighting chance of being considered even moderately attractive.

Right on. Diana was a lovely girl who matured into a stunning, classy beauty. Hard to hold a candle to that. Likewise with Catherine, another classy beauty.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:45 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,152,805 times
I never found her attractive at all. She's just 1 step above Martha Stewart when it comes to looks. I know there has to be some beautiful Brit women and doubt she represents British beauty.

The big awe was the"marry a prince " Cinderella fantasy,in the flesh.

Old 05-02-2018, 05:42 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
I always thought she was lovely. There are many forms of beauty and she embodied just one. Beauty is subjective so it doesn't bother me if others think she was NOT beautiful, but just my two cents' worth - I thought she was a very attractive person overall - her looks were striking and her life and attitude toward it were both enigmatic.

I thought it was awful when she was killed leaving her two boys motherless. I felt like they clearly had a close relationship with their mother.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty