Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 12:11 AM

260 posts, read 472,911 times

Advertisements

I thought she was attractive but I only ever saw pictures.
I've read about people that met her in person and they pretty much all said she was stunning / beautiful / charismatic etc in the flesh, she definitely had something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 01:49 PM

2,155 posts, read 4,579,291 times
I think she was very pretty in an elegant way. I think that is what made her beautiful.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:01 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
First off all respect to her and what she did in her life and may she RIP.

Now to the point of this thread. I just came across a clip involving her on youtube.
In the past I never found her physically attractive at all.

Its clear to me why this is. 1) short hair and the hair styles in general, would have looked far better with long hair. 2) Conservative clothing
3) Unfeminine clothing and physical aspects

I think if these things had been different she actually would have been attractive. She had the core ability to be so.

What are your thoughts?
Princess Diana's role was to do charitable works and to provide a male heir to the throne of England not to be the latest "pop tart" a la Miley Cyrus or Rihanna. She was from a prominent noble family and married into the British royal family so I seriously doubt that she would have been bothered that a Joe Schmoe from Idaho did not think that she was hot enough to work the pole at the local "tig ole bittie" bar.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:17 PM

570 posts, read 721,049 times
I'm not a fan of short hair either, but I thought she was a decent looking woman.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:29 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,438 times
I found her beautiful and elegant. Radiant, actually. Not playboy bunny or cheerleader pretty, but beautiful in the way that a mature, introspective, well-rounded woman would be.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:42 PM

805 posts, read 1,558,146 times
I thought she was pretty but the nose job she had later was not good, it left her nose tilted slightly to one side.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:48 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,120,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
First off all respect to her and what she did in her life and may she RIP.

Now to the point of this thread. I just came across a clip involving her on youtube.
In the past I never found her physically attractive at all.

Its clear to me why this is. 1) short hair and the hair styles in general, would have looked far better with long hair. 2) Conservative clothing
3) Unfeminine clothing and physical aspects

I think if these things had been different she actually would have been attractive. She had the core ability to be so.

What are your thoughts?

Princess Diana Tribute-Candle in the Wind - YouTube
I think that attractiveness is a quality that is relatively far down on the list of requirements for the spouse of the heir apparent.

Diana had an intrinsic sort of attractiveness. She was pure, clean and not homely by any means. But her purpose was to provide the next King of England (after Charles, of course) which she did well.

The tragedy of her tale was that what she wanted and what Charles wanted were two distinct things and they were unable to meet in the middle. Her ideals for the marriage were too high. Mostly because she was so young, I think. If she had been older she might have been more inclined to "look the other way" and go about her life rather than insisting on having the unattainable "happily ever after marriage" that she so badly wanted.

I was no big fan, but I certainly thought that she had a good heart and wanted to do good things for people. It was a shame she did not have much time to do it.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-12-2013, 05:59 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
I'm going with beautiful and elegant as well.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:46 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Look, she was pretty. And at least made Prince Charles have some decent looking kids! That was a feat in and of it self!

Old 12-12-2013, 08:59 PM

3,199 posts, read 7,823,988 times
I also think she was pretty in an elegant natural way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty