U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2018, 06:25 AM

9,109 posts, read 3,927,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I always thought she was lovely. There are many forms of beauty and she embodied just one. Beauty is subjective so it doesn't bother me if others think she was NOT beautiful, but just my two cents' worth - I thought she was a very attractive person overall - her looks were striking and her life and attitude toward it were both enigmatic.

I thought it was awful when she was killed leaving her two boys motherless. I felt like they clearly had a close relationship with their mother.

This is what made me cry during the time of her death and funeral. As far as her looks I think she had a classic beauty to her. I really don't understand these threads asking if we think so and so is attractive. What difference does it make what we think.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2018, 07:16 AM

9,667 posts, read 7,644,282 times
It's revealing that this thread has continued for five or so years - the undefinable charisma and fascination that were Diana's, live on, clearly.

It seems that her little granddaughter Charlotte, who turns three years old today, has inherited some of Diana's appeal, though she looks nothing like her paternal grandmother. Charlotte's spontaneous waves and smiles last week, as she was taken to meet her baby brother for the first time, brought back memories of Diana's ease and quick connection with the public.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:18 AM

1,170 posts, read 610,219 times
i think she was a pretty lady. her spirit & kindness made her more beautiful. i agree with everyone that says she had a classic look.

Old 05-03-2018, 12:18 AM

6,495 posts, read 2,239,005 times
Princess Diana was beautiful both on the outside and the inside - she had a lot of love and kindness in her and it gave her a special radiance. I think that Princes William and Harry inherited her grace, kindness, and desire to bring comfort to people who need it.

Old 05-03-2018, 04:07 AM

513 posts, read 131,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
You start a thread telling us you don't find a dead woman attractive.

Yeah, that makes sense
Someone is bored......
as in OP

STLGALTOO

Old 05-05-2018, 10:26 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,969,104 times
She had such lovely eyes and when she was happy (especially when with her boys) they sparkled so. Her fine bones and clear skin would have assured that she would have aged beautifully.

I think it was her sense of fun and compassion that truly made her beautiful. In a time when people were scared and disgusted by those with AIDS, she held them and wiped tears away. Her work with land mines was unheard of for someone in the Royal circle and drew attention to the largely ignored subject.

But it was when she was with her boys that she was incandescent. Yes, she had serious issues, but she fought to give them more fun and freedom than they would have otherwise had.

It broke my heart when the boys were walking behind her casket in her funeral cortège. William looked up with his eyes, so like his Mother's gesture and the handwritten envelope with "Mummy" nestled in the flowers on her casket were just so sad. These were children who lost their Mother and who would forever have to deal with articles and shows with her character and looks being debated.

Was she pretty? Not in the traditional sense, but she was lovely and lively and her kindness to those in need made her gorgeous beyond compare.

Old 05-05-2018, 10:57 AM

72,695 posts, read 64,172,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I remember earl on the the marriage the couple came to Glasgow on a visit... it was to do with Youth and my daughter was in a dance troupe from a housing estate where we lived a poor area. but it was a great place for kids to get off the streets and be creative..... this troupe of young dancers were chosen to have lunch with Charles and Diana and she was sitting nearly facing them at the long table, I couldnt believe it when she came home and told me , she seems so matter of fact about it being only eleven... I kept asking questions about Di to her.. She said they were both good fun and laughing a lot with them...having wee jokes.. and were both lovely......I asked her if Diana was lovely....Her response.........She has a big nose and big giant feet.......oh dear....the honesty of children...but she did have a look and wore clothes well.. nice teeth , eyes and lovely hair..
This was the impression a lot of people had, from her photos, especially the ones before she married. After the Royals got hold of her, and she had access to their makeup staff, suddenly she transformed. Having a professional hairdresser made a big difference, but also, a good makeup artist can minimize the nose a bit. It really did make a noticeable difference. Do you remember that, Dizz?

Old 05-05-2018, 12:13 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,813,690 times
I thought Diana was beautiful. She had inner beauty. Even people who are butt ugly start to look physically attractive if they have a good personality or kindness. Diana was never ugly. She may have been more average looking if her personality had not shown through.

Old 05-05-2018, 04:14 PM

1,727 posts, read 702,077 times
I thought she was nice looking, but that wedding dress - YIKES!! I felt sorry for her from the start.

And the way she died was so STUPID. They were being chased by paparazzi, not assassins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty