Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 04:52 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,383,241 times

Advertisements

First off all respect to her and what she did in her life and may she RIP.

Now to the point of this thread. I just came across a clip involving her on youtube.
In the past I never found her physically attractive at all.

Its clear to me why this is. 1) short hair and the hair styles in general, would have looked far better with long hair. 2) Conservative clothing
3) Unfeminine clothing and physical aspects

I think if these things had been different she actually would have been attractive. She had the core ability to be so.

What are your thoughts?

Princess Diana Tribute-Candle in the Wind - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2013, 04:56 AM

mods please move. I meant to post this in fashion and beauty.

Old 12-10-2013, 04:57 AM

44,902 posts, read 59,894,528 times
What I think is that everyone has their own idea about what makes someone attractive and their own preferences.

Old 12-10-2013, 05:12 AM

2,729 posts, read 2,683,176 times
I think we do NOT need to post a thread about people who we don't keep attractive. Do you want to see a thread of yourself with your picture and explanation why people not keep you attractive?

If you want to, please, post your picture and I will tell what is wrong with your nose, eyes, hair, body, cheeks, chin, forehead and clothing, how you would need to change before I would be attracted to you

Old 12-10-2013, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
I think we do NOT need to post a thread about people who we don't keep attractive. Do you want to see a thread of yourself with your picture and explanation why people not keep you attractive?

If you want to, please, post your picture and I will tell what is wrong with your nose, eyes, hair, body, cheeks, chin, forehead and clothing, how you would need to change before I would be attracted to you
Its a thread about beauty. Which is a forum topic here. Which I handled in a positive and respectful way. If you don't like it I suggest you stay out of the thread.

Old 12-10-2013, 06:19 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,694,606 times
You start a thread telling us you don't find a dead woman attractive.

Yeah, that makes sense

Old 12-10-2013, 06:53 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,568,020 times
I thought she was smokin hot about the time she got married, but later on, not so much. They broadcast her marriage live on TV back in the day.

Old 12-10-2013, 11:00 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,693,863 times
Beauty is not always about someone's physical attributes or the clothing they wear and it shouldn't be.

Diana Spencer was a beautiful, beautiful woman.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:06 PM

15,631 posts, read 26,115,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
First off all respect to her and what she did in her life and may she RIP.

Now to the point of this thread. I just came across a clip involving her on youtube.
In the past I never found her physically attractive at all.

Its clear to me why this is. 1) short hair and the hair styles in general, would have looked far better with long hair. 2) Conservative clothing
3) Unfeminine clothing and physical aspects

I think if these things had been different she actually would have been attractive. She had the core ability to be so.

What are your thoughts?

Princess Diana Tribute-Candle in the Wind - YouTube
First of all -- *I* had that haircut before there was a Princess Diana. That's a classic short haircut. And it suits her. You have to understand, not everyone has great hair long. She did grow her hair out and it looked a little stringy. Fine thin hair does that -- that haircut gives hair a lot of texture and the lightness of it give it fullness.

Second of all -- she's royalty. They ARE conservative. VERY conservative. Diana once attended a function in a strapless gown and people were SHOCKED -- SHOCKED I TELL YOU -- at the cleavage she showed while getting out of the car. Trust me in a strapless dress, if you bend over you're going to see cleavage.

Third -- the 80's and 90's weren't the best years for fashion. The shoulder pads rivaled football padding. Pants were highwaisted and very trouser like, and the dresses look like sacks with optional belts.

BUT, that was the fashion. I was just watching a show I loved from the 80's and it was unbearable with the bad fashion and the makeup so made up. But you have to get past it, because that's what they did then. And if you didn't do that you were criticized for not doing it.

Fourth -- she was attractive. You can't take today's definition of attractive and apply to someone who isn't of today. IF she were still living today, you could say -- oh look, she's so very pretty still, for an old broad.

It's like criticizing Jean Harlow for looking like she looked in the 20's, with the white platinum blonde hair in the marcel waves and the exaggerated red lip, where they often went 1/4 inch outside of the lipline to apply the matte lipstick, and you're screaming she doesn't look natural. Of COURSE she doesn't look natural. That wasn't the style!

Old 12-11-2013, 09:12 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,679,190 times
She was beautiful. And she had beautiful son's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty