Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 04:13 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,932,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
So you don't want guys to keep clean & wax our chest and leg hair before "fun stuff". Wont things get a bit prickly and smelly at night. I am not sure most women would enjoy that .
No, I do not want a guy who goes off and waxes his leg hair and chest whenever the mood may strike. Hair is only prickly when it is growing back in and I don't know why it would smell. Never have I known a man who had smelly chest and leg hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2013, 04:16 PM

1,458 posts, read 2,648,200 times
Good grief.

No I do not want a man who waxes their chest.

Hair =/= dirty

Smooth =/= clean

Sharing clothing really doesn't come up often in American adulthood.

Old 12-15-2013, 04:24 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,148,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No, I do not want a guy who goes off and waxes his leg hair and chest whenever the mood may strike. Hair is only prickly when it is growing back in and I don't know why it would smell. Never have I known a man who had smelly chest and leg hair.
Smelly because if you do not shower after a day of work and before "fun stuff", all that sweat and grime is trapped within your chest and leg hair. I can assure you that its not the hair itself, but inefficient evaporation of sweat is caused due to body hair and it traps a portion of the bacteria and stench. At minimum, a guy should take a proper shower and clean his body hair before "fun stuff".

For the record, I will never share anything my roommate or cousin has worn without an undershirt beneath.

That's why my sharing is limited to sweaters and jackets.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:51 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,894,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Smelly because if you do not shower after a day of work and before "fun stuff", all that sweat and grime is trapped within your chest and leg hair. I can assure you that its not the hair itself, but inefficient evaporation of sweat is caused due to body hair and it traps a portion of the bacteria and stench. At minimum, a guy should take a proper shower and clean his body hair before "fun stuff".

For the record, I will never share anything my roommate or cousin has worn without an undershirt beneath.

That's why my sharing is limited to sweaters and jackets.
Showering is sufficient. No need to wax. I can't imagine ever waxing.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:58 PM

1,072 posts, read 2,963,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markovian process View Post
Do you do it?

How comfortable do you generally feel about it? I can be fine with it most of the time for those I trust, although sometimes I suppose if it's something I like, I'm (just a bit, not much really) worried they might ruin it if they're wearing it going out in a situation where it could be possible to.
Getting back on topic…

I definitely let friends borrow clothes and will borrow clothes from friends. When my sister I and lived together in college, borrowing was a constant thing. As long as you go into with the attitude that anything you lend out could potentially be ruined (just as I could spill red wine on a shirt and ruin it when I wear it) I've found it to be fine. It's just stuff after all.

I have a few friend that I often trade evening gowns. There expensive and you rarely get to wear them, so swapping with a friend is perfect.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:05 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,784,354 times
I've never done that, but nobody I know wears the same size as me anyway. I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as they didn't ruin it and I eventually got it back.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:19 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,148,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Showering is sufficient. No need to wax. I can't imagine ever waxing.
Meh, that's the same thing I feel. But here in Jersey, there is huge pressure for young men to build abs and wax during the summer to be considered sexy material. Else, you are just pushed aside. Heck, they play thousands of body wax ads for men and women every single year just before shore season begins.

In reality I only waxed completely once and don't care to do it ever again (it pains ). However, thought that waxing body hair for men was a part of American culture after living here for 3 years. Hence, I assumed that every guy does it regularly before sex. Now, to my relief, I find out that's not always true.

But I still refuse to share T-shirts worn without using an undershirt with other guys.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:23 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,010,021 times
Nope, never have, never will.

Old 12-15-2013, 09:45 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,608,997 times
These days, I only loan clothing to someone who has spent the night in my bed. I mean, if we slept on the same sheets and pillows, what's the difference?

Previously, I lived in a fraternity house. If you ever want to shorten the list of things you'd "never" do, that's the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty