Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How often Do you wear Summer Clothes in winter
Every Day 10 22.22%
Frequently 11 24.44%
Occasionally 5 11.11%
Rarely 5 11.11%
Never 14 31.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 08:11 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,204,961 times

Advertisements

It looks like I will once again have to unpack some of my summer clothes for this weekend.

Weather Nerd's Reasoning Hidden (Not recommended for fashion freaks)
Spoiler

There will be a rapid warmup for us this weekend, and temps will reach a record breaking high of 65 F with dew points in the upper 50's F thanks to a surge of tropical air from the gulf. After several days in the 20's and 30's, a high around 65 F sounds very warm. It beats our previous record high of 62 F and overcast by 3 F

Which leads me to ask the question, how often do you wear summer clothes during the winter. Your options are:
  1. Every day
  2. Frequently
  3. Occasionally
  4. Rarely
  5. Never
I rarely wear summer clothes in winter. Usually if I do, Its during freaky warmth like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2013, 09:13 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,950,818 times
I chose #2. Today & tomorrow should be 87+. Actually, temps below 90=wear jeans. Because most of the time the temp is above 90 so everyone wears shorts.
I actually don't own a coat.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:07 AM

632 posts, read 932,754 times
I often wear a long sleeve t-shirt with shorts as long as it's above 55 degrees.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:09 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,681,102 times
Well, I live in Phoenix most of the winter, so...

Old 12-20-2013, 11:14 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,581,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
It looks like I will once again have to unpack some of my summer clothes for this weekend.

Weather Nerd's Reasoning Hidden (Not recommended for fashion freaks)
Spoiler

There will be a rapid warmup for us this weekend, and temps will reach a record breaking high of 65 F with dew points in the upper 50's F thanks to a surge of tropical air from the gulf. After several days in the 20's and 30's, a high around 65 F sounds very warm. It beats our previous record high of 62 F and overcast by 3 F

Which leads me to ask the question, how often do you wear summer clothes during the winter. Your options are:
  1. Every day
  2. Frequently
  3. Occasionally
  4. Rarely
  5. Never
I rarely wear summer clothes in winter. Usually if I do, Its during freaky warmth like this.
Frequently (as frequently as they overheat my office building or apartment...)

Old 12-20-2013, 11:19 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Almost all the time.

It was 16 degrees 2 weeks ago but now it's almost 70.

Pretty much wearing the same thing I always wear all year round - just add a jacket.

Old 12-20-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Almost all the time.

Pretty much wearing the same thing I always wear all year round - just add a jacket.
Jackets (not talking about suits or blazers) are not Summer clothes, at least in my opinion .

In that case, I would select Occasionally, since I do wear a Hoodie + T shirt at times in the winter. However for Wool Coats or jackets, I always wear a long sleeve layer in between as I HATE coat & Jacket material touching my skin.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:00 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Jackets (not talking about suits or blazers) are not Summer clothes, at least in my opinion .

Yes, but my point is the rest of my outfit is the exact same I wear in the summer or fall or whatever.
I just put a jacket over it. SOMETIMES. Even when it was 16 degrees, I only wore my jacket to go home from work. Not to go to work.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:08 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Depends on where you live. When I lived in San Francisco I wore jackets all the time during the summer. It got chilly at night, and even during the day.

So your poll is just specifically 100% of all clothes being worn has to be considered typical summer attire? If thats the case, then very rarely do I ever wear all summer clothes in the winter. Yesterday I was wearing a t-shirt, but then I had on jeans and boots because despite the warm temperatures there were still patches of ice outside in the shaded areas. If I was wearing what would be considered summer shoes (or even tennis shoes) I would have had a hard time walking on the icy patches of sidewalk.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
So your poll is just specifically 100% of all clothes being worn has to be considered typical summer attire? If thats the case, then very rarely do I ever wear all summer clothes in the winter. Yesterday I was wearing a t-shirt, but then I had on jeans and boots because despite the warm temperatures there were still patches of ice outside in the shaded areas. If I was wearing what would be considered summer shoes (or even tennis shoes) I would have had a hard time walking on the icy patches of sidewalk.
What you mentioned is exactly what I mean my summer Attire in winter. Shoes are not counted, only clothes. I wear sneakers in winter all the time, so if shoes were part of the discussion, my answer would be frequently. However, my question specifically mentions clothes.

BTW, it looks like I will be wearing the exact same thing for Saturday and Monday. A T shirt and pair of jeans with Sneakers. However, Rain might play spoilsport so I have to lug a rain jacket around everywhere to save myself from getting wet. I FOR SURE am wearing shorts and sandals on Sunday. Cant miss the opportunity of a record breaking 65 F.

And Icy Sidewalks are never a problem here in the winter. So I can (and often do) wear sneakers even when there is snow on the ground .

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 12-20-2013 at 12:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty