Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 10:19 PM

28,624 posts, read 18,677,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
I prefer men to have nice hairy chests. I guess if it's gray, they can shave it.
Generally, I'd only want them to remove excess back hair.
Also, I think it's unfair that society expects women to remove armpit hair, but not men. I wish men would remove their armpit hair too.
I clip mine short to enhance the effectiveness of deodorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 10:22 PM

728 posts, read 1,894,834 times
I guess I'm one of the oddball guys that prefer to be smooth. I get everything below the waist waxed about every 6 weeks. My chest is naturally smooth and my arm hair is so fine and light it looks shaved already. No back hair (thank goodness).

The reason I do it is because I like the feel and look of smooth skin. It not only looks cleaner it also keeps you smelling cleaner as well especially in the summer. My girlfriend was a little skeptical about it when we first started dating but after two years she has grown to like it. I'm not metrosexual or homosexual in any way so just because you keep a smooth, clean body doesn't mean that you must be gay. Just a personal preference.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:41 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,895,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
I get everything below the waist waxed about every 6 weeks.
You can wax testicles? I'm a chick but omg that makes me cringe FOR you.

I don't care what a guy does on his face - beard or not, whatever floats his boat. Personally, I like a dude natural from the neck down. Trim the jungle 'below the equator' if so desired but hairless is the polar opposite of what does it for me. It seems almost childish (as in physical maturity) and that 'childishness' just creeps me out *bigtime*.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:14 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,578,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
What if guys want to be smooth too though? Why is it only reserved for women? Some guys are naturally smoother than others, some have no chest hair anyway or very little body hair...
No problem if there naturally smooth, shaving make em feel like prickly cactuses and can be irritation to body parts when rubbing up against each other... Just not my thing... I prefer men to look like men!

Old 12-21-2013, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I'm probably not gay enough, but i can't imagine being sexually turned on by this amount of hair. No offense to the dude, I think he's otherwise handsome:

If I ever went gay I'd probably be a smooth twink...I guess maybe I'm showing my own bias, I admit I prefer women smooth, maybe women are used to men being hairier too...but I wouldn't say no to a beautiful women who was natural either.
Your a man... I see nothing wrong with it, you don't get rug burns from body hair, but you can get em from shaved areas especially from rubbing up together....It's like a beard coming in, irritating...

Old 12-21-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
When I was heavily into road cycling, I toyed with the idea of shaving my legs. My wife told me it would have a direct effect on our sex life. Our sex life was pretty good, and she wasn't smiling when she said it, so I dropped the idea.
My husband was road cycling big time , he shaved his legs a few times right before a race, encase of injury , it was awful when it grow back, down right painful..Men body hair seem a lot more harder then women's.......:P

Old 12-22-2013, 12:03 AM

5,899 posts, read 5,778,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
I find men who remove body hair to be unattractive and weird.
LOL! You're not my type anyway, so ...

Old 12-22-2013, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
I wish men would remove their armpit hair too.
Your wish is my command and has already been granted.

You're welcome.

Old 12-22-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainGuy74 View Post
I guess I'm one of the oddball guys that prefer to be smooth. I get everything below the waist waxed about every 6 weeks. My chest is naturally smooth and my arm hair is so fine and light it looks shaved already. No back hair (thank goodness).

The reason I do it is because I like the feel and look of smooth skin. It not only looks cleaner it also keeps you smelling cleaner as well especially in the summer. My girlfriend was a little skeptical about it when we first started dating but after two years she has grown to like it. I'm not metrosexual or homosexual in any way so just because you keep a smooth, clean body doesn't mean that you must be gay. Just a personal preference.
^

I am more or less your type in regards to this. I absolutely detest my chest hair and my other body hair and I shave and/or pluck a large amount of it (I am too lazy to do all of it, but I'll see what I can do in regards to this in the future).

Kudos to you for being brave enough to be different and to follow your own style and path on this!

Old 12-22-2013, 01:30 AM

4,178 posts, read 4,423,085 times
Perhaps classic Hollywood conditioning led to it?
See Clark Gable, John Wayne, William Holden, Paul Newman, John Weismuller below:

Johnny Weismuller (Tarzan) made me wonder as a kid "if Tarzen grew up in the Jungle why does he have no hair?" Did the monkees / chimps / apes shave him as part of a practical joke?

Weismuller, as a competitive swimmer, had a reason, but, as Tarzan the Ape Man? Really? Thanks Hollywood for a totally unreal portrayal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty