U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 11:37 AM

7,288 posts, read 10,364,337 times

Advertisements

I bought a bunch of camisoles with a shelf/soft cup bra. At the time, I did not realize they were "rare" and gave most of them away. Now I only have two left. I have been looking all over the internet and can't find what I am looking for. I think the brand is O'Malley, but I can't find them anywhere.

They are made of cotton, are on the longer side, and have lace, V neck neckline. They are so comfy.

Do you have any camisoles you love? If so, can you post a link?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 05:10 PM

26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
OMG I hate those (they do not fit me at all and offer zero support) and they are the only ones I can find. I see them at all stores from Target to higher end. Try Old Navy, Gap.....

Old 12-26-2013, 06:49 PM

2,379 posts, read 4,282,348 times
I think O'Malley is the target store brand? Have you tried there?

Old 12-26-2013, 06:51 PM

11,425 posts, read 19,433,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I bought a bunch of camisoles with a shelf/soft cup bra. At the time, I did not realize they were "rare" and gave most of them away. Now I only have two left. I have been looking all over the internet and can't find what I am looking for. I think the brand is O'Malley, but I can't find them anywhere.

They are made of cotton, are on the longer side, and have lace, V neck neckline. They are so comfy.

Do you have any camisoles you love? If so, can you post a link?

Thanks
I think it's Gilligan & O'Malley, and they were available at Target. I don't know if that's a brand name Target bought up -- I can remember selling it the high end department store I worked at in the early 80's....

Edited to add -- yep -- Target bought the name.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:40 PM

I had no idea they were so rare. I have been looking all over the internet - nothing . . . the ones that do have the shelf bra are super tight . . . the ones I like are on the looser side - and it's not just a shelf bra - it has soft cups, which give some support. They are super comfortable.

I have ordered what I thought were equivalents online - spent a couple of hundred dollars - both tries were disasters - the first one has soft cups, but super tight straps - the second one is just super tight all-together . . .

I am so surprised there are not just simple, longer cotton camis with bras.

I wonder if you can hire someone to make what you want from the pattern you have. Is that possible?

Old 12-27-2013, 11:21 AM

7,920 posts, read 7,265,062 times
I have some from years ago, but I still wear a bra with. I feel ya Jade. I need something more of a cami with a cabinet bra forget just a shelf.

But for those looking, here are some inexpensive to higher priced ones I found on the net.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_6?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=camisole%20with%20built%20in%20bra&sprefi x=camiso%2Caps%2C345

Old 12-27-2013, 12:24 PM

None of those work for me - straps too tiny, either too long or too short, not enough colors, etc.

The ones I have came in a range of colors.

You can find similar ones out there for inferior ones, but I am not willing to pay $50 each!

Old 12-27-2013, 12:27 PM

26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I have some from years ago, but I still wear a bra with. I feel ya Jade. I need something more of a cami with a cabinet bra forget just a shelf.

But for those looking, here are some inexpensive to higher priced ones I found on the net.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_6?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=camisole%20with%20built%20in%20bra&sprefi x=camiso%2Caps%2C345

When they come with the shelf, if it fits around the bust, the shelf is too small by several inches. If it fits around the girls, it is way too loose in the straps and the band and comes in below my armpit. Forget about workout tops....evil! Too many have those useless built in bras. If I go for the size that fits best in the bust, it is so low cut I have way too much cleavage for any occasion! My gym admirer would drop his weights.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:39 PM

10,860 posts, read 18,875,631 times
My daughter has some of these: BEST LOVED BRA CAMI | Express They're a nice, thick fabric. I'm not sure how much support they offer...she's an A cup...but she can wear them without a shirt over them and still look decent to leave the house. They have other styles and some with lace, but my daughter's still a kid so we avoid the tops that look more like lingerie.

Old 12-27-2013, 03:15 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,265,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
None of those work for me - straps too tiny, either too long or too short, not enough colors, etc.

The ones I have came in a range of colors.

You can find similar ones out there for inferior ones, but I am not willing to pay $50 each!
You went through all 20 pages and not one? I can't imagine what color wasn't represented. Once you click on a top it shows a viriaty of colors the tops come in. I hope the link was helpful for somone.

Well, here's some Omally brand, Gilligan o malley : camis & tanks : Target

The only other place I saw the Omally brand was on ebay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty