U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 09:18 AM

395 posts, read 1,792,774 times

Advertisements

I'm a natural blonde, and have always been picked on, told blonde jokes, etc. Not sure if we have more fun or not. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2007, 10:00 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,565,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustamom View Post
I'm a natural blonde, and have always been picked on, told blonde jokes, etc. Not sure if we have more fun or not. Good luck!
Me too....but I have a great sense of humor, and laugh my butt off sometimes (if it's not a lame joke)
I don't really see it as being "picked on" per se.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:01 AM

13,374 posts, read 40,164,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
Me too....but I have a great sense of humor, and laugh my butt off sometimes (if it's not a lame joke)
I don't really see it as being "picked on" per se.
Ditto.
My brothers are natural blondes too, and we pass around blonde jokes all the time.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:09 AM

969 posts, read 2,460,504 times
HAIR COLOR CHART For Revlon

Lots to choose from - I really promote seeing a salon person who can honestly suggest a color that suits you - and if it gets done "wrong" - THEY can fix it.

Trust me - it is embarrassing to have to run to the store to buy different dye with PURPLE hair that was supposed to be red about 25 years ago

Old 11-27-2007, 10:28 AM

3,402 posts, read 11,984,193 times
oh Grasonville... that butterscotch blond looks REALLY pretty. so does the ginger snap one... hmmmmm.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:52 AM

21,902 posts, read 20,903,455 times
Yes--I too have always been blond. Even naturally had streaks of white in my hair. But now I'm a grandmother and the gray is starting to come in--ugh! So I started coloring it as close to natural as I could. I use to do my own hair. And then something happened. Not sure why but all of a sudden my hair decided it wanted to be "orange"! Oh my!! I'm not talking orange highlights but pumpkin orange. It didn't matter what I put on it it turned orange. So I very quickly went to a professional hair color person and she straightened it all out. But even today if we aren't careful that dreadful orange will creep back in. Now that I have moved to NC and using well water my hair likes to have "green" highlights. Geeze. Oh well, I'll take green anyday over orange. My beautician got me some shampoo that helps take out the green. It's a never ending battle with me. But I am still blond---even my hair everyplace on me is blond. Wonder if that ever turns gray too?!

Old 11-27-2007, 12:46 PM

267 posts, read 1,682,664 times
So what do they do about roots? Mine are so dark brown and long for not coloring it for such a long time. Will they bleach that part? I'll probably do the all over foil highlights like i did before. Maybe this time I won't look like Angela, hehe.

I think the worst thing I did to my hair was dye it black when I was in high school. I was going through my headbanger faze and thought it would look cool and sexy. Not! It made me look so pale and sickly but it did bring out the blue in my eyes. Thank goodness it was temporary. When I dyed my hair red it looked really good and everyone loved it except for my boyfriend at the time. He absolutely hated it. He was a big jerk anyways. But I didn't keep up with it.

What color shampoos do you use to keep the color long lasting?

Old 11-28-2007, 05:48 AM

7,268 posts, read 16,852,373 times
Use a shampoo that does NOT contain sulphate.
I think the whole phrase is ammodium laurel sulphate or something like that.
It's usually the first or second ingredient in most shampoos and will strip your color.
Alba is a good one and can be found in health food stores. Fat hair is another, found at Walgreens.
Just check the ingredients.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:53 PM

14,506 posts, read 23,188,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
Are we???? LOL
Blond seems to be so "in" again, and brown's have come and gone.

Go into a good salon, and look at the hair and fashion trends right now......they are SO COOL!

Lot's and Lot's of dimension, texture....easy to care for styles, and the new colors and color combo's they can come up with are stunning and absolutely FABULOUS!
I was blown away........
Time to update, Fiddle......you only live once, and should try different things.

lol everyone wants the opposite- my hair is natural dark blonde- but I always loved dark- blue black hair- I have a gf from the mid-east- beautiful dark, thick hair-

But it would look too dark for pale skin--Elizabeth Taylor, when she was young- was stunning-

Reese Witherspoon looks natural, but I cant stand the bleached plastic Paris Hilton color. Too garish.

Last edited by dreamofmonterey; 11-29-2007 at 07:54 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 11-29-2007, 08:20 PM

1,343 posts, read 4,580,595 times
I TOTALLY regret the first time I colored my hair.

I was a tow-head as a child and as my hair darkened it was also sun-bleached. So I stayed blond through my 30s. One summer, the sun didn't do it's job, so I tried to high-light it myself. EEK! Big mistake. Got professional color to hide my screw-up and that's been that since then: 3-6 times a year @ 90 to 150 a pop. Color, foil, you name it.

Wish I'd just let it get naturally gray. But, once you start....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty