U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 12:18 AM

6 posts, read 11,563 times

Advertisements

I thought long about this subject (the hair dye)
, but I Undecide when I heard about that make my hair very cruel and frizz
I have black hair
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 03:03 AM

9,352 posts, read 8,745,131 times
If you're not sure how blonde will look on you, try on some wigs.

And, if you don't like it, dye it another color.

Old 11-30-2007, 03:53 AM

13,374 posts, read 40,168,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssg II View Post

Wish I'd just let it get naturally gray. But, once you start....
You can beat the habit.
But I really don't think 3-4 times a year is so terrible.
Certainly the way to do it is professionally, though.
I told my stylist not to worry about covering up any white hairs, so he doesn't.
But I don't have too much of that--yet.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:27 AM

603 posts, read 1,714,151 times
Does anyone have any idea how much a full foil will cost on medium length hair?I think thats what i was told its called.This is a funny topic for me.I could tell stories about hundreds of times i messed up my hair trying to go blonde myself.Just recently my hair turned ORANGE from trying to dye it lighter and i had to have a friend of mine strip it which made it white then had to drop 150 at the salon.After Christmas i want to go get highlights again.Before all of this happened my hair was originally very dark and my friend did the cap a few times.First with the honey blonde color then like two times with the blonde.It had a lot of contrast which i loved.I would love to get it back to that.I was told though,that they will charge extra for each shade.My hair is a dark/auburnish brown right now and im afraid that light blonde highlights will look weird but i want honey highlights with some lighter streaks.I went to a salon once before to get highlights and it cost me over 100$ and it barely looked like i had highlights because i think i just had the "crown" done.With the cap,it gets everywhere and it always comes out so nice.And i definately agree that blondes have more fun

Old 12-12-2007, 11:44 AM

3,885 posts, read 7,209,627 times
Count me in with the natural blondes (kind of on the strawberry side). I completely agree with the PP about be sure if you are going for overall color that you don't mind spending the time and money on touching up the roots. I dyed it dark red once and love it, but I didn't love taking the time to hide my pale roots when it grew out or the horror that transpired on my head when I attempted to return to blond! Well, I'm still traumatized years later!
I prefer getting highlights and lowlights now to overall color. Just don't let them pull your hair through a cap.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:55 AM

8,240 posts, read 14,902,624 times
I have really dark brown-black hair and love it. I don't highlight and would never consider coloring it...it's too expensive and time consuming. I do happen to love it when African American girls dye their hair blond. Very cool.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:56 AM

25,573 posts, read 23,775,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv80s View Post
I've dyed my hair just about every color under the sun: black, red, pink, blue, purple, etc... Everything but blonde (although I've had blonde highlights). When I was a kid my hair was a really pretty light golden brown then of course when I was a teenager I started experimenting with hair color and I haven't seen my original color since. Right now my hair has several inches of dark brown roots (didn't color it because I was pregnant) and light blondish/brownish highlights. I want to be a blonde but I'm scared it will look bad on me. I went to Toni & Guy a few years ago with a picture of how I wanted my hair to look. Well, the stylist totally frosted my hair and I ended up looking up like Angela from "Whos The Boss?" Yikes!!! Yeah, it was pretty scary.

So anyhoo I'm thinking after Christmas of checking out this new salon and dying my hair blonde. I want to go totally blonde like Reese Witherspoon or Jessica Simpson. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it will go well this time, hehe.

I want to hear from other ladies that have gone blonde. Did you like the look? Did your style come out like you expected or did you have a horror story like mine? What did your hubby/boyfriend think? Did you go back to your original color? Do blondes have more fun? sorry I had to throw that in there! etc..

Tell me about your blonde ambitions.

Ive done it. I too, have done almost every colour under the sun, but after years of dye, peroxide and haircolour, my hair is now naturally 'damaged'. So......I only use the Clairol darker tones now, the ones that are closest to my natural tones. Theres a pic in here somewhere, with me as a blonde. And as a redhead. And black hair. And auburn. Etc etc....

Old 12-12-2007, 12:02 PM

7,139 posts, read 12,897,507 times
Have always had light hair, blonde as a child and naturally light brown. So as an adult mostly keep it highlighted. Not saying this is right, but it really can make a difference in how one is treated, me personally anyway. Right now, am between highlights, and basically ignored (not that I care!). But I know as soon as I get the highlights things will be different!! Just an observation on my part, maybe doesn't happen to everyone.

Old 12-12-2007, 02:08 PM

290 posts, read 985,245 times
I would think long and hard about it! It can really, really damage your hair, and honestly, I don't think blond is a very flattering color on most people- it almost always makes women look washed out, and you will almost certainly need to wear a lot more makeup to bring out your features. Study after study has shown that men strongly prefer brown hair to blond, so if you're looking for attention from the opposite sex, it's probably worth reconsidering!

But if you decide to go for it,*definitely* go see a professional!

Old 12-12-2007, 06:37 PM

3,885 posts, read 7,209,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Riley View Post
I would think long and hard about it! It can really, really damage your hair, and honestly, I don't think blond is a very flattering color on most people- it almost always makes women look washed out, and you will almost certainly need to wear a lot more makeup to bring out your features. Study after study has shown that men strongly prefer brown hair to blond, so if you're looking for attention from the opposite sex, it's probably worth reconsidering!

But if you decide to go for it,*definitely* go see a professional!
Oh, I don't know. Blondes really do have fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty