U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 07:14 AM

395 posts, read 1,792,329 times

Advertisements

I wondered the same thing, Mookster. Actually, I don't think brunettes with dark brows and bleached blonde hair look at all good, the contrast is too stark. It just doesn't look natural. But maybe they'd feel "washed out" with lighter brows. I do touch up my blonde eyebrows with a light brown pencil, but nothing dark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 04:54 PM

1,149 posts, read 5,162,263 times
It depends on your physical type.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:12 PM

34,544 posts, read 42,708,506 times
Just be ready for a LOT of expensive touch ups and maintenance, and don't bleach it the same color as your complexion so you look like one pale blob. At least if you don't like it you can always go darker.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:55 PM

267 posts, read 1,682,189 times
I dyed my hair the other night but I didn't go blonde. My hair had really dark brown roots and the rest of my hair was turning this funky peroxide orange/yellow mess. We have well water and the rust in the water must have been doing a number on my old highlights. Anyhoo, I didn't want my hair to look bad in our Christmas photos and wanted something to hold me over til I go blonde. I bought Loreal Preference in Light Ash Brown and it turned out great! Its a nice light brown shade with light golden highlights. Looks close to my natural color that I had many moons ago.

Old 12-18-2007, 11:24 PM

290 posts, read 984,823 times
Congrats! I hope you love it. I was getting my hair thermal reconditioned for a few years, and it really bled out my natural color so it was an icky in-betwen shade that didn't have any depth or warmth. Since I decided to stop straightening it, I got mine colored last week and man I was scared! It's the first time I've had it colored since I was about 15 and decided to dye it deep auburn. Luckily she did a good job, but it kind of made me hungry for more! I know it can be addicting to play around, and that could get very expensive! Anyway, congrats

Old 04-02-2009, 12:22 PM

2 posts, read 4,065 times
iv got black hair and i want to go blonde because thats my normal colour, but i dont really no if it will look good on me now because i was blonde till the age of 11 and im now 15 x

Old 04-02-2009, 12:27 PM

5,258 posts, read 7,788,820 times
I went blonde back in 2006 for a while. I liked it, but I felt that it wasn't really my style. This was when I had long hair. But I do think that blonde hair looks great on some girls.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:29 PM

2 posts, read 4,065 times
i just really dont no what 2 do, i fancy a change and want 2 go back my normal colour now x

Old 04-02-2013, 01:03 PM

149 posts, read 276,612 times
My hair is naturally auburn brown.I started frosting it when I was 16.I have only went to a salon a few times for color.Its probley just my luck but for me I know my hair better than anyone.My salon results were always disapointing.Always too much color or barely any waste of good money.
My natural dark color only looks good on me if I am super tan.I have blue eyes and my natural skin tone altho light looks so much better even natural when I have say 60% highlights.
I try to only color every 3-4 mo.and am very careful about any overlaping which will cause breakage.
I recently have bought a new highlights kit made by Loreal called CouleurExperte Express.I chose the 7.1 cooler vanilla iceing.I havent used it yet but will do so in the next couple of days.It takes me quite a while to do my own hair so I always make sure I have plenty of time and am not stressing about anything.
There is a controll touch fingerTip applicator included with kit which should really come in handy for perfect placement color.
I have found through the years,that when applying your own highlights,it is better to go with less coverage if you are in doubt at all to prevent going overboard.You can always go back and add extra.Usually I have some left over so I can go right back to work and add special extras if needed.Its alot of work and takes awhile but Im always happy with my natural looking results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty