U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 11:06 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,064,232 times

Advertisements

^^^^^^^^Pretty !

I was so glad to see this thread because I can't stand strapless Wedding Dresses ! They've been around for so long now and I can't understand why ? Strapless is such an unattractive style - it's just not flattering on any bride.

I love lace sleeves on a wedding dress. Princess Grace was a lovely bride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 11:14 PM

1,256 posts, read 874,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I only like sleeves that are sheer and/or lacy. And I think it's because back in the late-60's and early-70's, long PUFFY sleeves was the look in wedding dresses, and I disliked it so much. I still cringe to remember it.

The sleeveless is still my favorite design but it isn't for everyone.

Love the dress in the photo above, although the wearer looks too broad-shouldered for it.
What's wrong with broad shoulders?

Harsh

She looks fine to me.

Old 02-03-2015, 01:49 AM

14,489 posts, read 11,474,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
Well, this one has sleeves...sorta
this dress is far too Oscars red carpet and not a wedding dress... its a Marilyn Monroe showstopper.

Old 02-03-2015, 01:59 AM

Ive just looked at a site for wedding dresses... I dont think I can put the link on though... Tobe Goddess.... some are like Briadway shows with frills all down the front Carmen Miranda style... or ruffles.. horrible.. although there are a couple of lovely dresses further down the page.. so someone has classy styles for brides... Another thing Ive noticed is that crumpled skirt with the material all bunched up. it destroys the flow of the dress and a brides dress should move withher as she walks down teh aisle with a beautiful back, as this is the part most people see on the day... I just looked as some Italian wedding dresses with sleeves.. one was gorgeous then I saw the back view.... the V back was down to her waist.. with her back all exposed.. and even with a lovely back its not on for church..

Old 02-03-2015, 05:14 AM

4,424 posts, read 5,203,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
this dress is far too Oscars red carpet and not a wedding dress... its a Marilyn Monroe showstopper.
And if a person wore this to the Oscars the talk around the water cooler would be "why is that person wearing a wedding dress?".

Old 02-03-2015, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Ive just looked at a site for wedding dresses... I dont think I can put the link on though... Tobe Goddess.... some are like Briadway shows with frills all down the front Carmen Miranda style... or ruffles.. horrible.. although there are a couple of lovely dresses further down the page.. so someone has classy styles for brides... Another thing Ive noticed is that crumpled skirt with the material all bunched up. it destroys the flow of the dress and a brides dress should move withher as she walks down teh aisle with a beautiful back, as this is the part most people see on the day... I just looked as some Italian wedding dresses with sleeves.. one was gorgeous then I saw the back view.... the V back was down to her waist.. with her back all exposed.. and even with a lovely back its not on for church..
Some people actually like frills and lace as opposed to the old fashioned plain jane sleek style. Plus you have to remember that a lot of people dont get married at a church. Lot of park and beach weddings even at private homes.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:28 AM

1,022 posts, read 1,555,457 times
Jesus Christ, what a bunch of uptight shrills you all are. My wifes dress was strapless and she looked amazing, and at no time did she come across as trashy like some of you seem to think is the only thing a strapless dress says about a bride. We also got married in a Catholic church and nobody ever seemed to have a problem with it. Seems like some of you are stuck in 1952 but unfortunately have access to the internet. What's the median age of the posters in this thread, roughly 74?

I'd be interested to see what some of you insufferable cows have to say about how my wife looked in her dress.....

Last edited by OverTaxedInNY; 02-03-2015 at 08:47 AM..

Old 02-03-2015, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post
Jesus Christ, what a bunch of uptight shrills you all are. My wifes dress was strapless and she looked amazing, and at no time did she come across as trashy like some of you seem to think is the only thing a strapless dress says about a bride. We also got married in a Catholic church and nobody ever seemed to have a problem with it. Seems like some of you are stuck in 1952 but unfortunately have access to the internet. What's the median age of the posters in this thread, roughly 74?

I'd be interested to see what some of you insufferable cows have to say about how my wife looked in her dress.....

youre wife is beautiful... from one of the old cows.

Old 02-03-2015, 11:20 AM

10,236 posts, read 13,518,037 times
I do not think sleeveless/strapless dresses are immodest. Not at all. In fact, the only wedding dress I've ever seen that was immodest (in my opinion) had long lacy sleeves but showed a lot of cleavage (very big busted bride).

Old 02-03-2015, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTaxedInNY View Post

You mean like this? Coincidentally, im pretty sure the pictured had a job as a mod on here at one point
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty