Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 07:52 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times

Advertisements

I use Dove soap in the shower, Every Man Jack Face Cream regularly and Burts Bees Peppermint Foot Lotion on occasion. Sometimes a little extra lotion on the hands and elbows.

I could do better but that's probably better than most guys. I'm 60 and told I look younger so I do believe it works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 08:04 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,572,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Q: Do I need to use a body moisturiser? Lee Kynaston answers your grooming questions :: Men's Health

I find my skin is pretty dry at times, so it could probably benefit from using an all-over moisturiser. For awhile I used a moisturiser after having a shower (which was a step for someone has lazy as me) and it did help, but of course after awhile I slackened off. Some body washes have moisturising properties but it doesn't seem to be the same.

Guys do you moisturise the rest of your body apart from your face? If so what is your regime?
No, not worth the time or $$ in my book.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:24 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,381,971 times
The men who fail to take care of their skin especially their face will inevitably have a wife who is approx the same age but will look 15 years younger than he does.
Part of this is due to the woman taking good care of her skin and appearance.

For men very little of it is genetic while the overwhelming majority of it is directly related to most men thinking that taking care of your facial area and overall skin is somehow feminine and equates appearing elderly and beaten down by the elements to be masculine.

Old 01-08-2014, 01:09 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times
I use cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil.

$15 for 54 ounces at Costco, and a little goes a long, long way. My skin looks better now than it did when I was in my 20's.

It is also the best shaving oil I have ever used, and I've got a beard like 80-grit sandpaper. I started using coconut oil extensively about 8 years ago, and since then, I only need to change the blade on my razor every three months or so. It's amazing how easy shaving is with it.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:13 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,675,136 times
^^^ Works great, looks great, smells good.

I have been asked my age and what I do to my skin. The only people asking are women; I have to presume that they're asking because some guy is soon going to be doing the same thing.

Never tried it shaving, but I'm going to now.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:28 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
I apply Palmer's cocoa butter on my face, arms and feet, because they get drier than other parts of my body. It works for me.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:35 PM

1,566 posts, read 2,158,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
The men who fail to take care of their skin especially their face will inevitably have a wife who is approx the same age but will look 15 years younger than he does.
Part of this is due to the woman taking good care of her skin and appearance.

For men very little of it is genetic while the overwhelming majority of it is directly related to most men thinking that taking care of your facial area and overall skin is somehow feminine and equates appearing elderly and beaten down by the elements to be masculine.
Totally agree. My fiancé does use moisturizer now and I can't tell you how much of a difference it makes. Nothing feminine about a man using moisturizer. We all have skin that ages the same way, dries out, etc! I've never understood that thought process.

Old 01-09-2014, 01:37 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldyViolet View Post
Totally agree. My fiancé does use moisturizer now and I can't tell you how much of a difference it makes. Nothing feminine about a man using moisturizer. We all have skin that ages the same way, dries out, etc! I've never understood that thought process.
Tell him when he's 60 he'll be glad he does. It makes a difference and will actually help him professionally since we put a lot of value in looking good and being youthful.

Old 01-09-2014, 03:43 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
I have no Idea why my skin dries up so fast in spite of using moisturizer. This is one of the primary reasons I hate low humidity. I need a moderate-high humidity environment for healthy skin. I always liked the climate in NJ due to the high humidity environment year round. Interior California was hell to me when I visited in the summer, as I watched my skin dry up and burn even though I regularly used moisturizer.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:12 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,786,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I have no Idea why my skin dries up so fast in spite of using moisturizer. This is one of the primary reasons I hate low humidity. I need a moderate-high humidity environment for healthy skin. I always liked the climate in NJ due to the high humidity environment year round. Interior California was hell to me when I visited in the summer, as I watched my skin dry up and burn even though I regularly used moisturizer.
You might want to see a dermatologist about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty