Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 05:09 PM

2,004 posts, read 3,414,660 times

Advertisements

Well, I'm glad they're buying the safe stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014, 05:18 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
I think that most of the men who assume that "natural-looking" women aren't wearing any makeup are delusional.

That "natural" girl you saw at the gym was likely wearing concealer, a dusting of face powder, a wee hint of blush, brown pencil to fill her brows, and a touch of lip tint.

Old 01-11-2014, 05:41 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,804,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I just can't understand why women can't just go natural and not put anything on their faces. Men do not like women with clown looking faces. Just a lip gloss is good enough. This has to be a major insecurity that almost all women have to put something on before they go out.
because men aren't the reason

Old 01-11-2014, 05:57 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Csiko View Post
Or an illogical concept. You want to look good for others or you wouldn't wear it. And that's fine. But don't pretend it isn't.

It's also not about insecurity. If a woman believes she looks better (to others) with makeup on, that doesn't mean she's insecure. It means she's honest and that she knows she needs it. Wearing makeup doesn't imply that men have control either. A woman trying to impress means that she's actually the one in control (or attempting to feel that way, at the very least).

I also agree with the natural thing. Nearly no women are "natural" and do wear more makeup than others to look that way.

I'm way too lazy to get up early enough in the morning to bother. I haven't worn any unless it was a very special occasion or if I need to look like I put effort into my appearance. And even then it's just coverup.
No, not true, at least for me. I wear makeup strictly to please myself. DH has never expressed any preference for me to wear. or not to wear, makeup.

I think many women simply enjoy using it. It does make me feel "finished" in the same way as always wearing earrings, which I almost always do as well.

In terms of "needing it [makeup]" that's subjective. I am not sure how you would decide for others if they "need" it or not.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:03 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,998,071 times
Almost all women look better with (skillfully applied) makeup versus without makeup. However, if you've never seen a particular woman with makeup, you wouldn't know what you're missing. The most important aspect is to ensure that your makeup enhances rather than changes your look. My fiancée is quite freckly and the makeup she puts on covers it up a bit...but she still looks like herself.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:09 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,692,740 times
Not all women wear makeup, and not all makeup has bad chemicals. I won't wear the makeup that's loaded with chemicals and I am rather choosy about what I put on my skin. I do wear makeup minimally, but I wear more when I go to a job interview or go out to fancy occasion. I'm sure you're asking "why interviews?"

Let's be honest here. People expect you to have a certain look and put your best face forward when you are attending something like an interview. If you are interviewing for a job at a distribution center that's a low key environment, chances are the interviewer isn't going to find your full makeup face that alluring (you might be perceived as high maintenance). However if you're interviewing for something more corporate, you are expected to wear more makeup to make a good impression. There have already been research studies on this to show that women who wear professional makeup are actually perceived as more competent and well, professional!

Women would not be able to get on as many dates if they didn't wear makeup, and a lot of men wouldn't find them as attractive. If a woman is at a party, wedding, bar, or out with friends and a man notices her he's going to pay attention to is her face and her body. Anyone who denies this and claims personality, is full of you know what (and is claiming psychic powers, which is all the more hilarious). He'll pay attention to her face and if she's wearing makeup to cover up that blemish that won't fade for another two weeks, she'll be more attractive than if she went without makeup and he'd notice the blemish. Blemishes aren't attractive. If said woman feels more confident covering up the blemish, she'll appear more approachable.

Makeup is just a way to enhance one's features. I'm personally not too crazy about wearing full face makeup every day, but I take good care of my skin otherwise. I can recognize that some women like wearing makeup for creativity reasons, to show it off to their friends, or for their SO's or husbands (yes, even men like it when women wear makeup), or to have a certain image at their workplace (people gotta eat).

Old 01-11-2014, 06:12 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,416,430 times
Ha, men claim they like one thing, and then spend a good portion of time drooling over the opposite.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:16 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,692,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by byebyelw View Post
ha, men claim they like one thing, and then spend a good portion of time drooling over the opposite.
+1

Old 01-11-2014, 06:20 PM

16 posts, read 13,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I hear you. they should save the money on all that make up and get themselves some breast implants.
Now that's funny I'm series

Old 01-11-2014, 06:29 PM

16 posts, read 13,472 times
Well if women can not go out anywhere without putting lipstick, eyeliner, and ****ing fake ass eyelashes and danm foundation. That's series insecurity.
I appreciate in particularly black wemon who go natural I forgot how beautiful they are with long spirals or curls on that beautiful brown skin. I seen women the other day her hair was so shiny and curly it looked loops bundle together
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty