Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2014, 06:34 PM

16 posts, read 13,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeByeLW View Post
Ha, men claim they like one thing, and then spend a good portion of time drooling over the opposite.
Men like beauty but the do not like wemon who repeatedly where the same kind of style sometimes men wants to see what God made you to look like before society told what you need to look like and the go's for all races
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2014, 06:41 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,733,179 times
I love the natural look as well, but that does not mean not well kept. I like a girl that takes care of herself, and makeup from time to time is not bad at all. Of course, some people use makeup to hide scars, so those girls are used to wearing a high volume of makeup all the time. I agree more women should be more confident with less makeup.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:01 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,297,759 times
I wonder how many "natural-looking"-loving men in this thread have had pictures of Pam Anderson taped to their walls?

Old 01-11-2014, 09:13 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,906,713 times
Make-up is a style thing. Red lip stick one day, smoky eye and pink lip the next....to hell with what overly conservative men think! I rather make myself happy and be with people who accept me as me with my glossy lips and painted eyes! Chauvinists don't get it and if it keeps them away from me all the better.

Insecurity, my ass....if I don't have time for make-up I still head out sans make-up with my hair up.

BTW, my BF loves when I do heavy eye make-up

Old 01-11-2014, 09:25 PM

543 posts, read 1,146,283 times
Sometimes I feel like wearing makeup, sometimes I don't. Wearing makeup is about optical illusion. Put a little shadow here, and a little color there... voila and you can enhance your look. Like my DH says, "VaVoom!"

Old 01-11-2014, 09:27 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
I was hoping that women can tone down the make up so when they do put it on, it is a huge difference but these days guys like us are conditioned to see women with makeup on as the norm and without makeup they are absolutely daunting to look at.

I dated a woman long ago who never put on any makeup, we started out as friends and never had anything. Then eventually we started dating and one dinner date she came out with makeup, wow!! What a major difference, I felt like I was dating a supermodel. Most guys and girls never paid any attention to her and suddenly people were looking and that felt really good to be a date with her. She became Cinderella.

The point is that men can get conditioned to seeing a woman with makeup on by default as the image of the person. Then if you suddenly go without make up on, it can be a turnoff.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:35 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Just eyeliner and mascara for me. Blush on a very rare occasion but practically never. Foundation/face makeup - I never understood caking stuff all over your face and I've never done that. Nothing on my lips unless they are chapped, then I use chapstick.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:38 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,906,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
I was hoping that women can tone down the make up so when they do put it on, it is a huge difference but these days guys like us are conditioned to see women with makeup on as the norm and without makeup they are absolutely daunting to look at.

I dated a woman long ago who never put on any makeup, we started out as friends and never had anything. Then eventually we started dating and one dinner date she came out with makeup, wow!! What a major difference, I felt like I was dating a supermodel. Most guys and girls never paid any attention to her and suddenly people were looking and that felt really good to be a date with her. She became Cinderella.

The point is that men can get conditioned to seeing a woman with makeup on by default as the image of the person. Then if you suddenly go without make up on, it can be a turnoff.
Men & women are conditioned like this. Its weird but I guess we are all just used to it. Even a bit of lip gloss can make a huge difference.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:49 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,906,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
The make-up companies and the advertising companies have somehow convinced most women and most men that they (the women) look better with make-up. Over the years, more and more make-up seems to be the norm. Nowadays, to me, many women don't even look real. They could save a lot of time putting on make-up by simply wearing a plastic mask.
IMO, women look just fine in their natural state. I might add before someone comments that like men shaving, women should should too.
Your last sentence has "should" in it. Once I see "should" in a post, I think "judgement". This thread is reminding me of an anti- gay marriage argument. How does my makeup wearing affect your non makeup wearing face? I see a many women here in Portland, OR without makeup. They affect me and my life in no way.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:01 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,554,658 times
I don't wear makeup as often as I used to. Most days I don't wear it at all to work, partly because I just don't feel like making an effort and I don't really care what my coworkers think of me anyway. Sometimes I do feel like making a bit of an effort. I don't think I look terrible without makeup, but a little helps even my skin tone and makes me look more put together. If I wear anything, it's usually just a tinted moisturizer, a little powder, blush and lip gloss. For a special occasion, I may wear actual foundation and a little eye shadow.

I don't miss the expense, even though I usually bought the inexpensive stuff. Now I buy the E.L.F. brand at Target....works great, super cheap AND not tested on animals.

I laugh at the guys who go on and on about wanting a "natural" woman and have no clue how much makeup is involved in that look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty