Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 07:02 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,645,510 times

Advertisements

Wish they had this thread with pics of men's physiques.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 07:07 PM

888 posts, read 1,099,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Wish they had this thread with pics of men's physiques.
Find one of those photo's for men like meta did. Shouldn't be to hard, and this doesn't have to be so one sided. It is odd judging women's physiques like this. I'm waiting for some one to start handing out a blue ribbon

Old 01-13-2014, 07:18 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,334,272 times
Size matters not to me; just as long as I can pick her up and pin her against the wall.... shes good to go.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:24 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,286 times
I'm shaped somewhere between number #8 and #9, and I wear size 6, and size 8's(very rarely a size 10). So I average out at a size 8. I workout and lift and try to eat well. I do somewhat like how I look, but wouldn't be upset to lose about 5-6 pounds and replace it with muscle. But I wouldn't want to gain any either... So I'm at a point where I really need to stay where I'm at, or lose a little, but I don't want to be plus-size, or voluptuous, I feel bad about myself if I'm that weight.

Maybe it's an age thing, but from what I've seen amongst men in their twenties, it seems like they date or are attracted to women 2-5... I don't see them oogle at the women that are plus-size or even slightly thick. I'm a woman of color and so are the men I date so they tend to like or be okay with my body-type but overall the average mid twenties guy seems to be into a slimmer woman. Or at least thats who they date. It's funny because the guy I recently dated (and am back talking to) told me that his type was a woman built like Cocoa Austin(Ice T's wife) and as you know she's pretty thick, with a slim waist(hour glass), flat stomach and big butt and breasts. So he indicated he liked thicker woman. I knew I fit that profile, because I have a similar body as her(though my stomach is not as flat--but is getting there, and my boobs are average). Then I looked on facebook and saw that his most recent gf that he dated for 4 years was thin, with a little bit of stomach, no a$$ at all, and very little curves.. I then wondered how someone can want a woman built a certain way but constantly date thinner women.

Which is one of the reasons why I'm surprised that the size 16(who no offense, looks like she could lose a little weight) was voted ideal by men... Is it men that are older? I'm serious when I say that unless it's a black or latino man, I rarely see a guy within my age range(24-29) dating women that are bigger than women 2-5... It just doesn't seem to be the norm. And more, they tend to *oogle at the women that look like 2-5, or consider those women hot, over a woman that is bigger... As they get older, I'm sure it changes, but I'm being honest when I say I dont' buy that young men find plus-size, or women close to plus-size "ideal".

Old 01-13-2014, 07:30 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
Find one of those photo's for men like meta did. Shouldn't be to hard, and this doesn't have to be so one sided. It is odd judging women's physiques like this. I'm waiting for some one to start handing out a blue ribbon
I found one (the thread *does* say men and women what physique to you prefer in a partner...) so here's what I found.

Which body shape is your ideal man? Seven men strip off to talk to The Sun about their bodies... | The Sun |Woman|Health|Health

I decided to link it because all the men are naked. But they are covered up--still, wasn't sure if it was kosher for the forum. But it's nice because they are all different shapes and have numbers to ID them.

I am going with #4 and #7 because my current guy is somewhere between them in shape... and I like my current man

Old 01-13-2014, 07:35 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I found one (the thread *does* say men and women what physique to you prefer in a partner...) so here's what I found.

Which body shape is your ideal man? Seven men strip off to talk to The Sun about their bodies... | The Sun |Woman|Health|Health

I decided to link it because all the men are naked. But they are covered up--still, wasn't sure if it was kosher for the forum. But it's nice because they are all different shapes and have numbers to ID them.

I am going with #4 and #7 because my current guy is somewhere between them in shape... and I like my current man
#5 for me. #2 is fine too.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:49 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,065,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post

I'd like it if 2 had a bit more bulk to him (muscle mass)...he'd be perfect then.
If 4 was a bit more defined he would be okay. 5 is okay, but he looks kind of petite and I don't like petite men.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:59 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I hate redundant threads as much as the next guy, but I don't recall seeing any recently on body "composition".

I'm actually interested in what other guys have to say...most guys I know like girls significantly smaller than the ones I like.
And that proves what exactly?

The thing about attraction that you don't seem to understand it, attractive minds and personalities come in all body sizes and shapes.

Only a fool would choose the physical body type first, then try to find the chemistry second

Old 01-13-2014, 08:19 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times
The body type I like is the one that likes mine.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:27 PM

888 posts, read 1,099,787 times
I'd say I am like a 2 or 6 but those guys look tall. I'm 5'10. Most people (when the topic has been discussed), think I weigh about 165 or 170 but I've been 150 for 20 years plus. I'd love to gain weight, but my bones, legs and head are all hollow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty