U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 07:28 AM

3,402 posts, read 11,984,193 times

Advertisements

Breast implants squeak at high altitudes. Imagine your own personal pair of squeaky toys. like rubber duckies! You'll never get his hands off them now... lol

I have big boobs, it's a family thing. If I were flat in the chest, but still the "curvy" size that I am now, I would consider it possibly, just to even out my proportions.. but I'm not one for making drastic plastic changes to my body to asthetically please society. I would probably just stuff my bras with socks or balls of tissues and continue on my glum little way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 07:45 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,565,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
Breast implants squeak at high altitudes. Imagine your own personal pair of squeaky toys. like rubber duckies! You'll never get his hands off them now... lol

I have big boobs, it's a family thing. If I were flat in the chest, but still the "curvy" size that I am now, I would consider it possibly, just to even out my proportions.. but I'm not one for making drastic plastic changes to my body to asthetically please society. I would probably just stuff my bras with socks or balls of tissues and continue on my glum little way.
LOL....you crack me up...as usual.
One thing I'd like to point out though.....NOT EVERYONE choses to do that to "please society".
I sure didn't.....I did it because I wanted it, and I was able to, and I knew what my breasts looked like BEFORE and AFTER I got pregnant and breastfed my child.
It sure made me feel better, and didn't give a rats a$$ what other people thought, think....say.
I am feeling good now.......LOL.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:23 AM

3,402 posts, read 11,984,193 times
I haven't ever had kids, but I will sympatheize with you. My mom suffers from breast cancer, and it is a very high possibility that she will require some extensive cosmetic surgery afterwards as well, ....so please don't take what I said personally.

I couldn't care less if people have implants or not. Everyone has their reasons. If having bad boobs killed my self esteem on a daily basis, I would do what I had to to be happy in my own eyes, and not give a damn about what anyone else said, imo. What you do for you, is best, for your own reasons... and there are reasons aplenty! So good for you if you're for them, good for you if you're happy the way you are... what does it matter what personal choices we make in our lives, as long as it is to better ourselves and our self esteem to lead normal healthy lives?

(hugs) MovingBack2PA

Old 11-30-2007, 01:43 PM
ARC

181 posts, read 707,981 times
Mine cost about $5000 in year 2003. I think you need a re-do if there is a rupture or other issue relating to the implant or complications. It's not like you have to change them out every 10 years. I am very happy with my decision and it was the best $$ H and I ever spent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastra View Post
I appreciate all of your posts. I would like to ask the girls who had them - how much they cost? O, and younglisa, I've heard that usually women "change" them every 10 years or so. Usually. I don't know if that is true or not.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:45 PM
ARC

181 posts, read 707,981 times
Holy Smokes ARC 450-500???? woo hoo. Just curious, what size is that?

I'm not that big. I am 5'8" and about 145 lbs and my hips are 38inches and now my breasts measure the same as my hips. I was way out of proportion before surgery due to losing so much fat in my breasts after nursing three children. I wear a D bra but on my frame it looks normal.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:58 AM

25 posts, read 98,991 times
go to justbreastimplants.com. They have a wealth of info and a great forum. My BA was a very positive experience and this website completely educated me beforehand.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:35 AM

253 posts, read 1,014,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I'm happy exactly the way I am and I feel bad for people that aren't. Good luck to all that make the change.

Lisa
We as women are so judgemental of one another & I truly think that is the saddest thing. If a women wants to get BA & can afford it whats it to anyone else? How does it affect anyones life that isn't getting the BA? IMO folks often get preoccupied with the choices others often do so b/c they feel a need to justify their own shortcomings.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:41 AM

395 posts, read 1,792,774 times
I don't have them myself, but I have a friend who just got implants. They are really obvious, instead of her breasts naturally sloping she suddenly has two big round things there, it's quite obvious that they are not natural. I can spot those implants on other women, too. Are there implants available that are not so obvious?

Old 01-28-2008, 09:54 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,565,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustamom View Post
I don't have them myself, but I have a friend who just got implants. They are really obvious, instead of her breasts naturally sloping she suddenly has two big round things there, it's quite obvious that they are not natural. I can spot those implants on other women, too. Are there implants available that are not so obvious?
I have them, and they look as natural as it can be.
Nobody really believes me, when I tell them, that they are not real.
They are soft, fit my body frame, and are well proportioned.
In the first couple of months, they kind of like sit "high" a bit, but will drop down, settle, on where they should be. (If they are proportioned enough.)
That was at least in my case.
Unless, of course, one is going for that "Pamela Anderson look".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty