U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More Attractive: Beautiful Face or Beautiful Body?
Beautiful face and average body 208 70.27%
Beautiful body and average face 88 29.73%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 12:32 AM

1,807 posts, read 2,789,925 times

Advertisements

face is most important to me. great bodies come a dime a dozen, a truly beautiful face is much harder to find.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 08:14 PM

40 posts, read 98,191 times
I'm in the minority. I chose "Beautiful Body and Average Face" for the simple reason that with good makeup and correct application, you can take an average or less than average face and make it very beautiful. You can't do that with a body. A beautiful body will allow you to wear anything you want and not worry about covering up the flaws. As for the men who do not wear make up, look at "Ahhhhnold". He is not very attractive, at all, but had a beautiful body...so the women LOVED him.

Now, I think you should have included "Personality" in the poll because, I think personality would override everything and neither average or less than average face nor body would make a difference. IMO...personality is what truly makes the person.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:47 PM

2,725 posts, read 3,960,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinHandcraftedSoap View Post
I'm in the minority. I chose "Beautiful Body and Average Face" for the simple reason that with good makeup and correct application, you can take an average or less than average face and make it very beautiful. You can't do that with a body. A beautiful body will allow you to wear anything you want and not worry about covering up the flaws. As for the men who do not wear make up, look at "Ahhhhnold". He is not very attractive, at all, but had a beautiful body...so the women LOVED him.

Now, I think you should have included "Personality" in the poll because, I think personality would override everything and neither average or less than average face nor body would make a difference. IMO...personality is what truly makes the person.

I disagree. You can alter an average or below average face with makeup and such, but you cannot make it beautiful. Beautiful is beautiful and it cannot be acheived with make up. Makeup usually hides blemishes or evens tones. It does not change a persons shape of face and smile and teeth, etc. And even if makeup could do what would you are implying, what would you do when it rains or in the morning? Some questions to ponder.

As far as the question at hand. I would definately take a beautiful face over a beautiful body. Like most have said, you can workout to change your body. Your face you are just stuck with. Unless of course you have the money for ten plastic surgeries, in which case you will still mostly look more like a freak than beautiful.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:50 PM

332 posts, read 548,436 times
Judging by the poll results, perfect face wins by a major landslide. It is not even close.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:02 PM

308 posts, read 366,104 times
Perfect body, average face. Makeup is cheaper than a gym membership.

Old 10-04-2010, 01:28 PM

3,668 posts, read 5,733,649 times
I chose perfect body, average face. Also hopefully it is someone who has always had a perfect body. Weight loss seems like a deception for some because they eventually balloon back and it just seems like a huge trick, you find a decent girl, then boom!

At least with the face you get what there is. No tricks, no expected changes, no struggle to keep the weight down. Also a perfect body looks better when dressed in the current fashion trends.

This is especially a problem for the young. I remember when I was a teen I knew to date the most thinnest girls because I knew those who were already developed would most likely just be quite huge as adults while the thin girls would just turn out to appear average for the most.

As far as older adults you can tell those with better bodies have a huge advantage over those without especially since there are just less people who have taken care of themselves.

Of course there will be exceptions but I am talking about the generalities.

Old 10-04-2010, 04:47 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,249,167 times
I`ve never seen anybody with a perfect face or perfect body.

Old 10-04-2010, 10:09 PM

12,977 posts, read 28,798,671 times
Just Google search for Inez Sainz. Beautiful body but face is just "eh" at best. Beautiful is actually too weak of a word to describe her body. Physically, from the neck down, she is beyond perfection. Pretty much everyone who sees her says she's one of the sexiest women on the planet. But her face really is about a "C" or "C-".

Old 10-04-2010, 10:39 PM

278 posts, read 529,781 times
Gravity affects the melons (when they turn 40-45)

A surgery can easily modify the body for good, but no surgery can modify an ugly face. And in the case that a face surgery is successful, your offsprings would still come out ugly if your wife is genetically ugly so I agree with most of you. It is better a woman with a pretty face and average body.

Old 10-05-2010, 12:12 AM

1,807 posts, read 2,789,925 times
face > body
all day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty