U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More Attractive: Beautiful Face or Beautiful Body?
Beautiful face and average body 208 70.27%
Beautiful body and average face 88 29.73%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 11:26 AM

34,525 posts, read 42,694,765 times

Advertisements

I disagree.. You can't fake a great bod, but you can easily fix all but the most horrible face. Look at all the celebs who are kind of homely, but the body makes everyone think they're beautiful: Sarah Jessica Parker, Cameron Diaz....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 12:20 PM

42,837 posts, read 77,102,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I disagree.. You can't fake a great bod, but you can easily fix all but the most horrible face. Look at all the celebs who are kind of homely, but the body makes everyone think they're beautiful: Sarah Jessica Parker, Cameron Diaz....
He-he, I don't think so! It's a lot easier and less expensive to fix your body!

Old 12-02-2007, 01:33 PM

4,268 posts, read 13,710,483 times
Well, I like natural beauty so I'd say a pretty face is more important than a body. I can't imagine having to apply loads of make up every single freakin' day for the rest of your life. A nice body is just the icing on the cake, but you need a damn good piece of cake to make it taste good, IMO!

Old 12-02-2007, 01:44 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,392,137 times
well here is some thin ice to skate on ------
per your post and survey re: face vs body ---- people really think that too- face is more important--- that is one of (not the only) the reasons why they let themselves get so fat. 1 out of every 3 americans is obese (30 lbs over). 1 out of every 4 kids is obese. in france 1 out of every 10 adults is obese.
a note - from a well known fashion mag -- very few ugly women in the world. makeup diet exercise hair and clothes can make her pretty vast majority of cases.
as to beauty i have personally known some women to become more beautiful at 40 than at 20. again often, (but not always) make up diet exercise clothes and hair.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 12-02-2007 at 01:51 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-02-2007, 01:58 PM

872 posts, read 3,223,206 times
Definitely a pretty face.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:12 PM

26,867 posts, read 38,123,724 times
As usual I end up drawing outside the lines.

Beautiful mind. Face and body are icing on the cake.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:08 PM

42,837 posts, read 77,102,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
As usual I end up drawing outside the lines.

Beautiful mind. Face and body are icing on the cake.
While it might feel good being perceived as unique , this opinion is irrelevant to the topic of the thread. I wouldn't think that any of the participants object beautiful minds. Then again... they might... if they've seen the movie.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:06 PM

62 posts, read 280,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
well here is some thin ice to skate on ------
per your post and survey re: face vs body ---- people really think that too- face is more important--- that is one of (not the only) the reasons why they let themselves get so fat. 1 out of every 3 americans is obese (30 lbs over). 1 out of every 4 kids is obese. in france 1 out of every 10 adults is obese.
a note - from a well known fashion mag -- very few ugly women in the world. makeup diet exercise hair and clothes can make her pretty vast majority of cases.
as to beauty i have personally known some women to become more beautiful at 40 than at 20. again often, (but not always) make up diet exercise clothes and hair.
You are right about that....also there are more obese men than women, so I would say especially for men that they should get in shape...plus you can get all the dates since the other guys would look bad, lol. Guys don't do much with hair or makeup so the body is more important.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:17 PM

8,000 posts, read 16,803,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I don't think Sarah Jessica Parker and Cameron Diaz are known for their bodies or am I wrong?? They are not very shapely at all. Now, someone who was known for her body but not her face, Jamie Lee Curtis.

Your right about them being homely though, makeup can do wonders.

But I still think a pretty face would be better than a perfect body. I believe anyone can have a great body through exercise and eating right.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:27 PM

15,532 posts, read 35,641,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
I don't think Sarah Jessica Parker and Cameron Diaz are known for their bodies or am I wrong?? They are not very shapely at all. Now, someone who was known for her body but not her face, Jamie Lee Curtis.

Your right about them being homely though, makeup can do wonders.

But I still think a pretty face would be better than a perfect body. I believe anyone can have a great body through exercise and eating right.
Yeah, but not everyone will. That's why I believe a killer bod is something more coveted. There's always makeup for the face.

I used to go to school with a gal who was butt-ugly but she could do her makeup so nicely. Her makeup just looked so airbrushed and smooth. She could do killer eye makeup. She wasn't pretty, but her makeup was awesome! Oh, and she had a nice rack too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty