U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More Attractive: Beautiful Face or Beautiful Body?
Beautiful face and average body 208 70.27%
Beautiful body and average face 88 29.73%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2007, 12:43 PM

28,166 posts, read 43,444,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenfromdenver View Post
I have found that as I get to know and respect people they become more attractive to me. Also, have you ever noticed that when you're in a fight with your significant other they become less attractive? Is that just me? When they're really nice, they're the most handsome person in the world??
Yes, totally! I've also found that people get more attractive over time, as you get to see their inner-beauty (and vice-versa if they have an ugly personality). One of my ex-boyfriends was totally NOT my type - too short, too old, wild hair, etc. But as I got to know him better, he became more and more attractive to me... before I knew it, we were in a relationship & I thought he was the most gorgeous man alive! Of course now that we're loooong over, I'm remembering why I didn't find him attractive at first.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2007, 09:56 AM

119 posts, read 411,637 times
Pretty face definately....I have seen women that are large but they have the most gorgeous faces.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
While it might feel good being perceived as unique , this opinion is irrelevant to the topic of the thread. I wouldn't think that any of the participants object beautiful minds. Then again... they might... if they've seen the movie.
OMG...that movie freaked me out. I love it. The mind is an amazing thing and it's unbelievable that it can actually do that. Oh, and I know people that object to beautiful minds (not the movie, lol)....they can be dumb as dirt but as long as the exterior is perfect, they are content. Not me...aside from this survey...which I very honestly said I wanted a pretty face....there has got to be some sort of substance in the head. I can't stand dumb and shallow people.

Old 12-15-2007, 10:09 AM

Oh, I've also seen men, obviously, with gorgeous faces and not so great bodies. Sorry...I just realized how shallow my shallow post sounded.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:28 PM

605 posts, read 613,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenfromdenver View Post
I have found that as I get to know and respect people they become more attractive to me. Also, have you ever noticed that when you're in a fight with your significant other they become less attractive? Is that just me? When they're really nice, they're the most handsome person in the world??
B -I -N -G -O
Like I said, beauty fades------dumb is forever.

Old 12-17-2007, 03:12 PM

463 posts, read 476,458 times
A perfect body is more attractive. What good is a face if the body is oompa loompa. Atleast with a face you can put a bag over someones head if they are really that ugly.
Here is an example of the ideal woman you want to spend your hard earned money on. http://www.ifilm.com/video/2842594

Old 12-18-2007, 05:34 PM

3,340 posts, read 2,552,293 times
Hey! Where did you get that video of me? I haven't seen that in years!
I think the body is more important. It takes time and a ton of effort to be in shape and in most cases that = healthy, active, and productive. Makeup can do amazing things!

Old 12-18-2007, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb71 View Post
Makeup can do amazing things!
Yup - just look at Oprah

Old 12-19-2007, 06:18 AM

3,340 posts, read 2,552,293 times
That's a perfect example... she looks like a completely different woman without it!

Old 12-19-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlb71 View Post
That's a perfect example... she looks like a completely different woman without it!
She sure does, it amazes me to see her without her make up on. I would never recognize her if I saw her in publice somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty