U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More Attractive: Beautiful Face or Beautiful Body?
Beautiful face and average body 208 70.27%
Beautiful body and average face 88 29.73%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2009, 05:25 PM

34,525 posts, read 42,694,765 times

Advertisements

Sarah Jessica Parker. Hello?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2009, 05:36 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,232,663 times
I went with "face".
If somebody's face is ugly, I'm not generally interested in what their body looks like.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:50 PM

3,388 posts, read 5,541,016 times
I have to agree with the majority here, the face totally!

With a not so beautiful body, you can dress to accentuate good points and hide flaws, but with a bad face, you are left with a paper bag.

Old 06-17-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
I have to agree with the majority here, the face totally!

With a not so beautiful body, you can dress to accentuate good points and hide flaws, but with a bad face, you are left with a paper bag.

Besides, unless my standards are waaay higher than most people's, few people beyond their teens or early 20s truly have 'perfect" or "beautiful" bodies.
Most adults have some flaws- some wear and tear- one way or the other.
A lot of people have gorgeous faces, though.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:05 AM

4,033 posts, read 8,245,548 times
This whole thread is totally rude and degrading.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
This whole thread is totally rude and degrading.

Yet the title says it all.
It's a simple matter not to click on it, if the subject matter offends you.
I like this sort of thread; it's kind of cool to peek inside other people's heads and see what they really think about stuff like this.
My basic assumption is that people are more likely to be honest about their feelings when posting on some anonymous forum, than they are IRL.
It doesn't offend or degrade me.
It's not some big secret that sexual attraction is at least partly- if not almost entirely- aesthetic/physical.
There are various components of physical attractiveness, body and face being two major ones.
Why is it "offensive" to ask people which is more important to them?
I mean, are we pretending like there's no such thing as physical attractiveness, and we're only ever attracted to others because of their sterling personalities?
Can one discern what kind of personality another person has from twenty yards?
If they can, they're more discerning than I am.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:29 PM

23,901 posts, read 31,123,865 times
I voted for body. But my focus is not on the "beauty", it's on the health and fitness aspect. Someone that takes care of himself is far more attractive to me than someone that does not (personality aside - since that is not a choice here). An average face works just fine for me, as sharing a fit lifestyle is much more important, to me.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:17 PM

709 posts, read 1,541,486 times
Quote:
I voted for body. But my focus is not on the "beauty", it's on the health and fitness aspect. Someone that takes care of himself is far more attractive to me than someone that does not (personality aside - since that is not a choice here). An average face works just fine for me, as sharing a fit lifestyle is much more important, to me.
What if the guy with the 6-pack looked like he was Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's twin brother ? Would you still date a man with a face that ugly just because he has a nice body ?

Old 06-18-2009, 11:51 PM

12,977 posts, read 28,798,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
This is a really tough one for me so I had to really ponder this question. I too think I have to go with body. Same as with you, the health and fitness aspect is just too important for me.

You can take Kim Kardashian's body and slap Whoopi Goldberg's face on it and Id still say "I'd hit that". But if you take Megan Fox's or Kim Kardashian's face and slap it on say a Rosie O'Donnell or Mo'nique body and I say "I would NOT hit that". Yuck.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:29 PM

3,469 posts, read 6,934,062 times
I am a face person, definitely. Bodies can be improved more easily anyway. Good diet, exercise and dress does a lot for the body. Women have help with makeup, but I am a straight women and like men, and they are what they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty