U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More Attractive: Beautiful Face or Beautiful Body?
Beautiful face and average body 208 70.27%
Beautiful body and average face 88 29.73%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2009, 07:54 PM

10,715 posts, read 22,321,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
I was so hoping that someone would choose "Secret Option C" and say it's all about the personality. But since no one has, I WILL!!! (and I apply it equally to both men and women.)
I don't care how hot someone's face or body is or is not--in the end, it's all about the 'tude!
ok I had to up your rep for that. that makes the rest of us look shallow
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 08:28 PM

8,998 posts, read 12,759,851 times
Beautiful face, average body.
She can always work on the body and there is always say...liposuction, tummy tuck, etc not that I'm a huge advocate for plastic surgery.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:32 PM

266 posts, read 834,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
What if the guy with the 6-pack looked like he was Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's twin brother ? Would you still date a man with a face that ugly just because he has a nice body ?
More important than a beautiful face or a gorgeous body is the $$$ factor.

How many sweet young things have you seen with a balding, out of shape Porsche owner?

Old 06-22-2009, 08:35 PM

23,901 posts, read 31,123,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
I was so hoping that someone would choose "Secret Option C" and say it's all about the personality. But since no one has, I WILL!!! (and I apply it equally to both men and women.)
I don't care how hot someone's face or body is or is not--in the end, it's all about the 'tude!
Um....I think that was the entire point of the thread....if personality is taken OUT of it....

Old 06-22-2009, 10:32 PM

4,033 posts, read 8,245,548 times
Okay, I only have one more thing to say, and then I will stop persecuting this thread *LOL*
There was a special on PBS this evening about Mae West, in which someone commented, "She didn't have a pretty face, or a nice figure, but the persona she created was pure sex!" I think that pretty much says it all.
Personality is EVERYTHING--you can't take it out of the equation. I don't know anyone who is attracted to his/her significant other for any reason that doesn't have to do with his/her personality. Even Hef couldn't decide between three lovelies who were all gorgeous--face and body-- but who all had distinctive--and very attractive--personalities.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:28 AM

727 posts, read 1,650,644 times
I like face more.......naw I like a fat @ss and nice hips but if I had to choose...........

Old 07-04-2009, 12:13 PM

23 posts, read 67,090 times
A beautiful face will express better a strong personality and the eyes are the mirror of the soul so the "exit" of that soul is important too!

Old 07-06-2009, 11:04 AM

947 posts, read 2,912,066 times
I'm a girl!

And I say Body. If body looks good, then the person is (usually ) healthy, fit, active...
ie not lazy, wants to run around and have fun...

To me perfect body symbolizes the person is more of a hard worker, being fit isn't easy, it takes effort and that is the type of personality that I find strong and attractive to.

face will light up, with joy, happiness, sorrow regardless

body takes work and that is hot.

Old 07-06-2009, 12:10 PM

3,856 posts, read 4,276,729 times
I just discovered this thread. I voted for beautiful face average body. I'm sure it's all been said before. A body can and often does change throughout a lifetime, the face is more constant.

Seeing a pretty face brings a high to my brain, it releases all those pleasure chemicals Even a woman who is a little overweight with a beautiful face can have that impact on me.

While I very much do appreciate a woman with a good body, if she has an ugly face (for my personal tastes, no offense to anyone) I will feel no attraction towards her no matter how hot her body is.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:09 PM

9,371 posts, read 17,485,715 times
For me it all starts with the face. A pretty face trumps a hot body. That said, I don't need perfection from either, a nice balance between the two works for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty