Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More Attractive: Beautiful Face or Beautiful Body?
Beautiful face and average body 211 70.57%
Beautiful body and average face 88 29.43%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 04:15 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,841,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Inez Sainz.
omfg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venezuelan View Post
Gravity affects the melons (when they turn 40-45)

A surgery can easily modify the body for good, but no surgery can modify an ugly face. And in the case that a face surgery is successful, your offsprings would still come out ugly if your wife is genetically ugly so I agree with most of you. It is better a woman with a pretty face and average body.
Surgery? Gross and fake. I also find most women with gravity-challenged breasts as not always being attractive. In fact most women with naturally big breasts are most likely big everywhere else too.

Also nothing is more beautiful than aging gracefully, well other than youth itself. Still with age can come an inner sensuality that is expressed in everything a woman does from walking naturally to simply sighing. No young thing in a **** outfit whose sexuality is purely based on an outfit, makeup, acting different temporaily (the way she thinks the guy wants), and just overall trying to hard can compare.

Not that a sexy eager beaver is no fun but confidence and sensuality are way better. An older woman though who tries to stay young through fashion which is inappropriate for their age or through cosmetic surgery is totally lacking grace and charm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2010, 10:16 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,263,690 times
I guess it can go either way... it just depends on the bone structure. If somebody is short and stocky no surgery or lipo in the world can help. But if somebody just needs to lose weight, that's easy to do.

If somebody has an okay face but with minor surgery can look beautiful, that is also easy to do. However, there are people with bone structures that just cannot be modified to reach "beautiful" status no matter how much surgery is done. Maybe they can look average... but never beautiful. Sometimes they end up looking more atrocious after facial surgery.

I guess sometimes one can never win and has to accept what they have. Other times, it is easy to improve upon the original. For people who are against surgery... surely you can't tell the girl below to go back to her old self? No way.

Last edited by miyu; 10-05-2010 at 10:28 AM..

Old 10-05-2010, 11:00 AM

25,915 posts, read 24,563,776 times
Most of the obvious difference is due to makeup, styling, and lighting, if it's the same woman in the first place.

Anyway, to me the face is more important than the rest of the body. But I don't think anyone should settle for someone whose face or body they don't like.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:06 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,841,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
surely you can't tell the girl below to go back to her old self? No way.
Yes, way. Wearing makeup everyday is not healthy. Perhaps there is a look she can achieve that falls in between both but the picture on the right is way overdone. Natural confidence but average beauty is usually better than relying on makeup. The hair also looks heaps better in the first picture.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:14 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,964,575 times
Yes, people are attracted to attractive people but what are some of you going to do when you are old and wrinkly and the other person is old and wrinkly. This is a fact and reality that nobody stays young.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:19 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,828,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
Yes, people are attracted to attractive people but what are some of you going to do when you are old and wrinkly and the other person is old and wrinkly. This is a fact and reality that nobody stays young.
No one is talking about being attractive to an old wrinkly person.

I would assume that when we reach that age, we'll have a spouse, kids, grandchildren, etc. so would not be worried about "being attractive".

Geez.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:37 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,964,575 times
Lao, I know what this topic is about, thank you.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:14 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,828,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl723 View Post
Lao, I know what this topic is about, thank you.
Didnt think you did. Thank you.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:18 PM

10,135 posts, read 27,343,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I guess it can go either way... it just depends on the bone structure. If somebody is short and stocky no surgery or lipo in the world can help. But if somebody just needs to lose weight, that's easy to do.

If somebody has an okay face but with minor surgery can look beautiful, that is also easy to do. However, there are people with bone structures that just cannot be modified to reach "beautiful" status no matter how much surgery is done. Maybe they can look average... but never beautiful. Sometimes they end up looking more atrocious after facial surgery.

I guess sometimes one can never win and has to accept what they have. Other times, it is easy to improve upon the original. For people who are against surgery... surely you can't tell the girl below to go back to her old self? No way.
A lot of Asians are going for the American eye treatment. But, it is not without controversy. I have an Asian friend that says women who have the eye thing done are off the list for many Asian men.

Frankly, I think the most important difference is that she shed about 15+ pounds and her face got narrower.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:07 PM

884 posts, read 2,633,140 times
I went with the average face and beautiful body. Plus average isn't ugly.

Most people are average in the looks department anyhow.

No amount of exercise is going to give a square build woman a real hourglass shape (what I prefer to be). One of my girlfriends is built like a linebacker, big shoulders, no waist, a gut, no hips, no booty, and small boobs for her size. A beautiful face would'nt do anything for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty