Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2014, 12:32 PM

368 posts, read 928,763 times

Advertisements

I see plenty of products for puffy eyes but I'm having trouble finding a product to reduce dark circles/bruising under eyes and even make the area more full... Frankly, I'm looking like Skeletor these days when I wake up in the morning. My boss even said "You look like you're looking forward to the weekend," so I think that was his nice way of saying that I look tired. Makeup can hide the dark a bit but can't hide the deep hollows. I need some plumping up (without injections)! Ideas?

I also took Mellow Tonin last night and zero happened to help me go to sleep. I've had a loss in my family and there was no will so I'm tasked with taking care of everything and I'm so tired, but when my mind gets going, I cannot get to sleep. When I did, I had bad dreams and woke myself up so I really didn't get deep sleep until 5am and my alarm woke me up at 6:45.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 02:46 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,299,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz2525 View Post
I see plenty of products for puffy eyes but I'm having trouble finding a product to reduce dark circles/bruising under eyes and even make the area more full... Frankly, I'm looking like Skeletor these days when I wake up in the morning. My boss even said "You look like you're looking forward to the weekend," so I think that was his nice way of saying that I look tired. Makeup can hide the dark a bit but can't hide the deep hollows. I need some plumping up (without injections)! Ideas?

I also took Mellow Tonin last night and zero happened to help me go to sleep. I've had a loss in my family and there was no will so I'm tasked with taking care of everything and I'm so tired, but when my mind gets going, I cannot get to sleep. When I did, I had bad dreams and woke myself up so I really didn't get deep sleep until 5am and my alarm woke me up at 6:45.
I have found Benefit's boi-ing to be one of the best for part (or most, depending on choice of shade and skillful application?) of your problem .. darkness. I have tried many others and always come back to this one.

boi-ing > Benefit Cosmetics

As for the deep hollows/Skeletor thing, I came across this article. Maybe it can help you define and fix the problem more exactly, although the author seems to be advocating cosmetic surgery in most cases. I get the Skeletor thing going on too, but I can fix it pretty well with boi-ing and my other makeup.

Hollow Eyes are not Dark Circles Under The Eyes - Dark Circles Under Eyes - Zimbio

Old 01-24-2014, 06:13 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,227,961 times
I've had genetic very dark undereye circles all my life, that are not related to how much sleep I get.
I use a highlighting concealer like YSL Touche Eclat - Maybelline makes a fantastic cheap dupe of it too.
Seems to work best. For best effect, like for going-out makeup, I do foundation all-over including under eyes, a bit of powder to set, then the concealer, and then a touch of highlighter in the inside corner of the eye.

Old 01-25-2014, 05:05 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,726,340 times
Bobbi browns under eye concealer, brush and powder will get rid of any under eye circles.

I recommend going into a sephoras, and finding a girl whose make up is most like the look you are going for, and ask her to help you pick out the right color. Most people can't pick there own color the first time without help because it appears yellow (which helps cover the dark) and throws their color sense.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:52 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,352,784 times
Wondering how well hydrated you are?

Old 01-29-2014, 12:48 PM

368 posts, read 928,763 times
I actually used Benefit's Lemon Aid today and it helped somewhat, given the strong yellow undertones to my medium-dark complexion. Bo-ing ended up too pink but thanks for reminding me about Benefit. I used to use their cosmetics all the time.

So-so for hydration. I try to drink lemon-infused water all day long. I probably drink a total of 36 ounces per day maybe 42 if I'm really pushing hard. Not a big water drinker. Does that help with dark circles? If so, I'll try harder but I've read there's not much to do about actual hollows in the orbital region other than letting it be or surgery (which scares me!). If I could only lose weight in my lower belly and thighs and have it move up to my face! LOL

Old 01-29-2014, 02:03 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,743,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilCookie View Post
I've had genetic very dark undereye circles all my life, that are not related to how much sleep I get.
I use a highlighting concealer like YSL Touche Eclat - Maybelline makes a fantastic cheap dupe of it too.
Seems to work best. For best effect, like for going-out makeup, I do foundation all-over including under eyes, a bit of powder to set, then the concealer, and then a touch of highlighter in the inside corner of the eye.
I love that product!

I've also had good luck with minimizing the appearance of dark under eye circles, over time, by using this insanely expensive eye cream by Chanel. I never would have tried it, but one of my sisters also has the dark under-eye circles and she tried it first.

I think I'm also going to try some of that Bo-ing concealer!

Old 01-29-2014, 02:27 PM

759 posts, read 3,144,105 times
I just read somewhere today that you should choose an undereye concealer one shad light than your natural shade. It also helps if you use a small concealer brush to dab it on.

Old 02-05-2014, 07:39 PM

88 posts, read 205,554 times
Laura Mercier has a really good under eye concealer.

There is also a really inexpensive one from Super Walmarts (the regular walmarts dont have them). I think its called Hard Candy and its meant to be an industrial strength cover-up. It's like $6 a tube and works really well. Just blend it in with a makeup sponge (those round, ball-shaped ones - it makes a difference).

Old 02-09-2014, 01:13 PM

255 posts, read 407,197 times
I wonder this for as well, especially for the cheaper products. I've looked into them, but I saw one that was $30 for a little tube. If it was a fair size I'd buy it, but not for some small thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty