Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 07:40 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,117,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetravelingblondes View Post
My impression has always been that men are practical...so as long as the big butt doesn't get in the way of, you know, uh, the important things...then it's not too big.
"certain duties"???? What would those be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 11:55 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,919,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
Not even one Sir Mix A Lot comment yet?

(Married to an arse man)
I resisted the urge. I just didn't want to be the first. I did have a Queen song stuck in my head, though.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:47 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,249,236 times
I'm a pear and stopped seeing having a big butt as a bad thing about a year into puberty, personally. My experience is that more men I've been interested in find it attractive than not.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:33 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,254,235 times
Not every pear-shaped woman has a big butt. Some just have wide hips. It really depends on the woman. I have a few friends who are pear-shaped and their hips are big, waist small, but their butt is "average"(as in not big or small). On the other hand there are girls that aren't pear-shaped, or hour-glass, that have big butts. It just depends on genes, amongst other things.

Personally a lot of the women I know who've thought they had "big" butts, did not really have big butts--they just thought they did, or believed that their butt was *too* big for them. I remember at previous job I had, a lot of the girls kept saying they had big butts or ghetto booties, and I would smirk and keep it moving. One day me and the guys were sitting back laughing about it, and all of the guys admitted, that NONE of the girls had big butts, and that the two girls that did have them, were the girls who spoke the *least* about their butt size(which incidently happened to be me and one other girl--but one of the reasons I didn't speak about my butt size is because I don't really think it's big at least what my definition of big is).

To me a big butt, is a big booty video model butt-something like Coco Austin, Buffy the Body, Kim K, Miracle Watts, Delish(Flavor of Love) Lola Luv--they all have big butts to me. Sometimes if I go to the "hood" or the bad areas of town, I notice a lot of women tend to have big butts (or apple-bottom butts) as well. Maybe my idea of a big butt is really blown up--but I think sometimes women can be their own worst critic. They think that they are fat, have a big butt, etc--when in reality they are not fat, their butt is probably not big, etc. I notice this to be especially true of slimmer or "average" size woman that gain weight--they think their butt has gotten too big, and in reality it's really just gotten bigger than what is was, and really isn't that big at all.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:18 AM

2,590 posts, read 4,509,844 times
It's more about shape than pure size and I'd rather have a little too much than not enough. It also depends on the rest of a woman's body size and shape.

Old 02-02-2014, 02:27 AM

686 posts, read 1,225,011 times
This is a good butt size and shape. The butt to waist ratio is almost as important as the bubbly-ness of the butt itself.

http://data3.whicdn.com/images/55699263/large.jpg

Old 02-02-2014, 02:52 AM

7,287 posts, read 6,857,334 times
Athletic as a life style, not as a sudden attempt to temporarily fit a mold.
I grew up respecting my body and working hard , it is not unreasonable to expect the same from a potential mate.
I understand genetics and there are conditions for which people cannot be blamed for , However ,
If I had health issues I would not have children , I'd rather adopt them rather than pass on continued health issues to yet another generation, that's selfish. (not a government mandate but I believe a responsible stance )
In the olden days health issues were criteria for a potential mate because survival depended on it.
Future generations depended on it.
And it's not a push to a master race either , it is not inflicting issues on one's children they do not deserve.
I am not given to fashion so far as human popularity , so much as I am into considering the future .
So that is why some one naturally athletic is far more attractive. It's more healthy.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:33 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,919,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chum Kiu View Post
This is a good butt size and shape. The butt to waist ratio is almost as important as the bubbly-ness of the butt itself.

http://data3.whicdn.com/images/55699263/large.jpg
It helps that she's posing just right for that picture. It's a nice example, that notwithstanding.

For a long time I tried to date girls with that general body type, but my preferences gradually evolved. Next thing I know I'm a full on chubby chaser with a slant toward girls with nice big rear ends. Honestly I think that preference was around the whole time, I just suppressed it. I recall as far back as my freshman year of high school a bigger girl had a crush on me. She was pretty and one of the nicest girls around. I sort of liked her too but she was a "fat girl" and it wasn't "cool" to date a fat girl. I wonder if the 14-15 year old version of me could have looked into the future and seen what kinds of girls he would one day pursue, almost exclusively, what would he have thought? I wonder how that version of me would have reacted. Would I have been at peace with it earlier in my life or would I have tried harder to resist it?

It may sound silly but "coming out" as a chubby chaser is becoming a big challenge in an increasingly image conscious society. Thankfully I gradually developed a sense of indifference to what others thought of me and I can trace my shift in dating habits to that period in my life.

Last edited by iknowftbll; 02-02-2014 at 07:46 AM..

Old 02-02-2014, 07:39 AM
NCN

21,656 posts, read 25,488,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
A female "friend" and I were recently discussing what size butt do we men consider to big. This came about as a result of her feeling bad about herself as she has put on some weight lately.

We ended up sitting somewhere looking at women's butts as they walked by and her asking my reactions. She ended up saying we men (maybe just me) were not as fussy as she thought we were. I said what do you expect. We men are the real sluts......LOL

Kidding aside. She said she was surprised we men liked/accepted them a bit bigger then she thought we would but she also said we agreed on what was to big.

I hope I made her feel good...as her butt does........LOL
The larger the butt; the higher the I. Q. Children get most of their brain power from their mothers; so if you want intelligent children find a woman with a good "back side" and marry her.

Old 02-02-2014, 07:58 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,133,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
The larger the butt; the higher the I. Q. Children get most of their brain power from their mothers; so if you want intelligent children find a woman with a good "back side" and marry her.
How did you come to that conclusion . My mom has a flat butt, but brother got into CMU with significant financial aid owing to his academics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty