Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 11:15 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
I work with the public, work with a lot of employees from all age ranges, and go the gym on a frequent basis at different times. I go out occasionally and always eat out at least once a week.

I see a lot of 40+ men and women who have wrinkles on their faces. I see some 40+ men and women who can pass for 10 years younger. 20? Yeah no. Get a new prescription once you start thinking your peer group can still pass off for college.
I’m 40 and don’t have wrinkles. So this typically means people guess I am quite a bit younger. I have a lot of wrinkle free friends. It is hard to know these days. Women from age 24-50 can look really similar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2018, 01:51 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
My family has been fortunate that we all have good genes. Even my grandfather, who died at 97, looked younger that his true age. Ditto for my father who had a full head of hair when he died at 75. We are Italian and it seems some ethnic groups age better than other. My stepmother and her mother and daughter have aged terribly. I think they are English/Scottish. They had deep wrinkles before they were 50. In the case of my stepmother she never wear sunscreen or put moisturizer on her face where my mother always did. So is it genetics or skin care of a combination of both?

We have a picture of my mother and my stepmother at one of my kid's birthday parties and my mother looked 10 years younger when she was actually 16 years older than my stepmother.

Old 08-11-2018, 02:50 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,406,431 times
Hate to say it, but my sister hit the wall harder than Dale Earnhardt. And no, I don't feel bad about it because she always got on my case about being a nerd among other things. I turn 44 next month and I guess I look alright, but when I was in middle school I was downright fugly. Even though guys find me attractive now, I still feel like that kid sometimes.

Old 08-11-2018, 03:02 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,034,466 times
I know lots of old people. I am one. And we have pretty much all lost our looks. If you live long enough, it's pretty much guaranteed you will lose yours too.

Old 08-11-2018, 05:39 PM

5,010 posts, read 592,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Women from age 24-50 can look really similar.
Just got back from shopping and took public transit to get home.

The bus was packed, and I took the opportunity to glance around.

Women in their twenties and women who are older do NOT resemble each other.

What I observed was everyday, ordinary ladies, who aren't celebrities so they don't have to conform to unrealistic Hollywood standards.

Having said that, I'd like to add that many 50+ women look fabulous, not younger but absolutely fabulous.

Old 08-11-2018, 05:48 PM

2,761 posts, read 2,230,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatglitters View Post
Women in their twenties and women who are older do NOT resemble each other.
And if people truly believe women who are in their later 40's can pass off for women in their 20's it's time to get your eyes checked. Same applies for men.

Big difference between a fit muscular guy in his 20's vs a guy in his 40's. Night and day.

You can't beat youth and no one should try. Accept aging and don't be in denial and don't let yourself go.

Old 08-12-2018, 07:07 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
Hate to say it, but my sister hit the wall harder than Dale Earnhardt. And no, I don't feel bad about it because she always got on my case about being a nerd among other things. I turn 44 next month and I guess I look alright, but when I was in middle school I was downright fugly. Even though guys find me attractive now, I still feel like that kid sometimes.
I can relate completely. My sister and I were always thin. Then I had kids in my 30's and kept 10 pounds on with each baby. She had her baby and lost the weight within a month of giving birth. She said she refused to be those women who never lose weight after having children.

Now due to some back issues and a very sedentary lifestyle she has gained 50 pounds and looks 6 months pregnant. I have recently lost 20 pounds and returned to the gym and am down to 135 with 125 being my goal. However I don't say anything to her about the weight; she has a mirror and I'm sure it's hard for someone who was once beautiful & thin to see themselves like that.

Old 08-12-2018, 04:14 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,428,857 times
As you age style and hygiene play a bigger role in your appearance. It's amazing what a little flair can do for you.

Old 08-13-2018, 04:09 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
less sun-worshipping and smoking...means many looking younger..

I see many 40-50 yr olds that look 25-35

attitude , stress, how they are treated.. self respect...(no substance abuse) all come into play..

some women ..10-20 lbs overweight ....can actually look better than a skinny/so called ideal weight …. in fact ive seen many skinny ladies look 10 yrs older...

go back look at family photos...… some 50 yr olds(back then) look like 80 yr olds today..... could be due to smoking/wars/stress/hard labor jobs..

my sister reminded me im only two yrs younger than both our grandfathers when they died....and they looked 70-75..... I can still bench 300 lbs and many tell me I look 40-ish

people consumed a ton more sugar back then too in soda.. sugars are the real food demons... for inflammation

Old 08-13-2018, 04:23 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Older men with beer bellies? Because that sounds like a damn lie.
hahaha of course it is but some men actually think they can still pull a pretty girl while their trousers hang below what used to be a waist.. sad isnt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty