U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2014, 03:31 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,180,810 times

Advertisements

Ever look around Target and Walmart? They have the same merchandise but IN GENERAL the people and the clothes they wear look completely different.

Shoppers at Target are more attractive and fashionable and Walmart..... I think this website says it all:

Funny Pictures at WalMart People Of Walmart Funny Pictures of People Shopping at Walmart

Old 01-31-2014, 03:47 AM

1,913 posts, read 2,430,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Ever look around Target and Walmart? They have the same merchandise but IN GENERAL the people and the clothes they wear look completely different.

Shoppers at Target are more attractive and fashionable and Walmart..... I think this website says it all:

Funny Pictures at WalMart People Of Walmart Funny Pictures of People Shopping at Walmart
Maybe because Target isn't open 24 hours and is slightly more expensive?

Old 01-31-2014, 05:44 AM

2,783 posts, read 6,376,453 times
No guns, ammo or fish bait at Target?

Old 01-31-2014, 06:18 AM

7,497 posts, read 9,272,211 times
To partially answer that question, have a look at what Walmart sells as clothes. Then have a look at the type of people who shop there.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:32 AM

14,648 posts, read 29,685,966 times
Because Target cultivates a more upscale customer who likes designer brands and good quality items at discounted prices, while Walmart promotes lowest price.

And yes, I have observed the same, big time.

Old 01-31-2014, 06:49 AM

1,100 posts, read 724,210 times
I've noticed a difference too. I think that Walmart attracts the absolute cheapest people as well as a lot of weirdos. I was just at Walmart yesterday (don't judge me, lol, it's 2.5 miles away from me opposed to Target which is 8 miles away) and the people were just aggravating.

I got in the express line because I had literally one item, and a lady I hadn't noticed who had gotten out of line darted back over with a handful of stuff, looking at me accusingly. I said "go ahead" and she didn't even acknowledge me. A minute later, a guy behind me asked if the next express register (there were two I'm front of me) had its own line. It didn't look like it did, so said "uh..." and was going to say I wasn't sure, but the cashier we were in line for said "yes, they all have heir own lines." Instead of asking me if I wanted to go to that line as I was ahead of him, the man quickly went right over.

About 30 seconds later a man who had not been anywhere around the register area where I was came up to me, showed me a gift card that I guess he had gotten from a nearby register area and said "I was just in this line and stepped out for a minute to get this"- implying that he wanted me to let him cut in front of me! At this point I was annoyed at the rude people there, and I couldn't believe that this guy had so much nerve. Fortunately the second express register was now open so I just said "whatever" and let him go to the first one while I went over to the second. I was glad to get out of there.

Yeah, that could have happened at Target or elsewhere, but it never has for me. After we left, I told my friend who was with me "this is one reason I avoid Walmart in general." What a pain in the *** just to pick up a bottle of shampoo! Next time I will definitely avoid Walmart.

Last edited by Gfab1; 01-31-2014 at 07:03 AM..

Old 01-31-2014, 08:14 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, originally from SF Bay Area
28,382 posts, read 50,562,503 times
It depends on where you are. Our nearest Walmarts (2) are in Bellevue, WA, where the median family income is over $100,000, the median home is close to $500,000. There you do not notice any difference in the way people are dressed between Walmart and Target, Nordstrom or Macy's. If we go to the one in Auburn, WA, there is a bit more of a difference but still not obvious unless you are looking for it. If we go to the one in Renton, you will see the typical "people of Walmart" look.

Old 01-31-2014, 08:23 AM

9,834 posts, read 5,715,842 times
I wouldn't call the Target crowd fashionable. People are slobs everywhere now.

Old 01-31-2014, 09:06 AM

15,566 posts, read 9,642,463 times
No, there absolutely is a difference. The Target near us is populated by some of the hottest looking women customers I have ever seen. It is near my shop and we go there often to pick up something or other, and the women who shop there are stunning......it is like they are screened before they are allowed to enter the place. It is rare to see a woman customer in there who isn't gorgeous and sexy.

You can also tell they are someone's trophy Wife or GF, they are dressed well and made up perfectly. My Sons also commented that they love to shop there for the eye candy. By contrast, the Walmart in the same neighborhood has customers who look like they just got out of bed and you are lucky if they have pants on.

The two stores are only a mile apart but the clientele is so very different between the two.

Don

Old 01-31-2014, 09:22 AM

8,992 posts, read 14,187,334 times
Walmart is just the new Kmart. Bargain prices. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Target has positioned itself more as a trendy store. I could see where people who were more fashion conscious would shop at Target, given that it is looking to be a little trendy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.