Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 11:41 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,271,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
All women are capable of being curvy if they work on certain areas. Even thin and stick figures can get curvy they that put on some healthy lean muscle at hips and butt with crunches. Another natural way is to have kids, you will increase your hips and even your breast cup size easily.
are you a woman? My mom was very lean, and very slim and thin. She lifted very heavy, squatted, etc. She did have an a**, but she was not able to get curvy. Again people, you cannot change your body to the extent that you went from a banana to an hour glass, or an apple to an hour glass. You can work with what you have, play down the undesirable parts of your body and enhance the "body assets" that you like, but that's about it. A woman can't magically grow hips, from lifting lol. If that were the case, then there wouldn't be millions of women spending money on plastic surgery to get the body that they want. You have to KNOW your body, and understand that not everyone will look the same, even at the fittest and at their best. An upside down triangle and can not all the sudden become a regular triangle from lifting weights, doings squats and doing deadlifts. I know women that squat themselves to death and barely have an a$$ to show for it. It just isn't how their body distributes the weight. This notion that everyone can look a certain way if they just try, is silly and is mostly being spouted off by men.

Most women can attest to the fact that their body has certain limitations that they cannot control even if doing everything right--there are some women that will never be thin, never be curvy, and may not look as lean as the next... This doesn't mean that they didn't try hard enough or didn't do the right things. You guys have to accept that every body type is different, and that results will vary. I've always been an hourglass, and when I gained too much weight, became more pear-like. I tried for years to become a banana(my mom's body shape) because I thought that it looked better. It could not be done. It just couldn't. Once I accepted that and worked with what I had, I was a much happier person... Self-acceptance is key.

Oh and no, having kids does not increase your hips and breast size easily for every woman. I had a kid, and my hips and breast are still the same. My friend, who was a model had 4 kids, and she went from a banana to an apple. Yep she got hips, but it didn't look right LMAO(everyone agreed that she didn't look better for it). That's another myth. Some women will get bigger hips, or bigger breasts, some women won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 11:58 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,699,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
you cannot change your body to the extent that you went from a banana to an hour glass, or an apple to an hour glass.

A woman can't magically grow hips, from lifting lol.

I know women that squat themselves to death and barely have an a$$ to show for it.
Post of a century

Old 02-12-2014, 06:25 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chum Kiu View Post
They would look like that. Well, the ones who have spent their entire lives eating crap like pigs and blaming it on "depression" or something similar may take a bit longer, but it WILL happen. Just take a look at the folks who were on the Biggest Loser. Im not talking about the gal who won this last time, but the most of them. They were fat fatties but became healthy and fit through eating right and exercise. Those folks are to be celebrated for achieving their fitness/weight loss goals. Like Michelle Aguilar:

http://www.mommygoggles.com/wp-conte...le-aguilar.jpg

Just don't make excuses and do it. Like the "Make No Excuses" fit mom:
http://www.mommygoggles.com/wp-conte...le-aguilar.jpg
I hope you're not putting that woman up as an example of being 'fit and curvy'....because she's not curvy at all, she's straight up and down.

Regardless, my sister looks like that and I have a body similar to Christina Hendricks. My sister is 'square' shape and I'm 'coke bottle' regardless of weight. A woman's natural body shape will determine how she looks at basically any weight and just because a person doesn't look 'fit' doesn't mean that they aren't. I was running half marathons and did my first Tough Mudder at 40ish lbs overweight. I will say, there was a big smile on my face when I was passing those 'skinny/fit' people who were huffing and puffing.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:50 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhenzanite View Post
I hope you're not putting that woman up as an example of being 'fit and curvy'....because she's not curvy at all, she's straight up and down.

Regardless, my sister looks like that and I have a body similar to Christina Hendricks. My sister is 'square' shape and I'm 'coke bottle' regardless of weight. A woman's natural body shape will determine how she looks at basically any weight and just because a person doesn't look 'fit' doesn't mean that they aren't. I was running half marathons and did my first Tough Mudder at 40ish lbs overweight. I will say, there was a big smile on my face when I was passing those 'skinny/fit' people who were huffing and puffing.
I used to be part of a hiking/camping/all around sporting group, the people came in all shapes and sizes, some of the most active people you ever want to meet, myself not as active, but I did my best to keep up on the hiking ventures. If you click my profile, there's a pic of the hiking group, you can see by the pic, that a few of the people are not by no means trim and would be considered fat, I'm in the pic far left puffy hair, can't keep it straigh while hiking. I sure miss those days of hiking with that group and yes, I was the same size I am now. Those folks would get up first thing, bike, kayak, boating, then take a short break and we head out for 6 to 12 mile hike and turn around hike back to base. Not going to lie, I did half of what they did, they had midway points. My arthritis and platar facsiitis wouldn't hold up on those mountain hikes. And the chicker or the egg people ask. I had the arthritis before the weight.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:40 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I used to be part of a hiking/camping/all around sporting group, the people came in all shapes and sizes, some of the most active people you ever want to meet, myself not as active, but I did my best to keep up on the hiking ventures. If you click my profile, there's a pic of the hiking group, you can see by the pic, that a few of the people are not by no means trim and would be considered fat, I'm in the pic far left puffy hair, can't keep it straigh while hiking. I sure miss those days of hiking with that group and yes, I was the same size I am now. Those folks would get up first thing, bike, kayak, boating, then take a short break and we head out for 6 to 12 mile hike and turn around hike back to base. Not going to lie, I did half of what they did, they had midway points. My arthritis and platar facsiitis wouldn't hold up on those mountain hikes. And the chicker or the egg people ask. I had the arthritis before the weight.
Yep! I'm in a running/training group for racing and more than half of the people in my group are probably considered 'fat' by most people's standards...and yet they're out there training for marathons and succeeding at them! Of course, my roommate (who doesn't exercise, eats crap cheap food and smokes cigarettes and weed constantly) can barely climb the stairs to the subway but she's thin so she's obviously in shape!!

Old 02-12-2014, 02:39 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,836,307 times
Why,just why does everyone think just because someone is thin that they have a nice shape?

They also assume just because a woman is bigger she has no shape.

Why is that?

Old 02-12-2014, 02:51 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Why,just why does everyone think just because someone is thin that they have a nice shape?

They also assume just because a woman is bigger she has no shape.

Why is that?
I think because just being thin is enough to have a better body than most of the population since most people are fatties. I was watching tv recently and there are these twins that fix up houses. one of them was wearing a really tight shirt and I said to my wife something along the lines of why is this guy wearing a tight shirt with his unimpressive body? she basically said that you just need to be thin these days to think you have a good body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty