Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 07:17 PM

541 posts, read 861,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
By the way -- in dresses -- I prefer hose.
Me too. Even in the Summertime (although thigh high hose that stay up are better and cooler). I know a lot of people are going without hose now in the workplace, but I always thought it was kind of tacky to do that with a formal dress or skirt suit. If it's a jean skirt, then yes, no hose!

For those of you that never wear hose with a skirt/dress, do you live in a climate that is warm year round (i.e. Southern Florida)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 09:01 PM

345 posts, read 994,537 times
I've worn hose for the past few days because it's so cold. Now I remember why I don't like them. I'd rather be cold than wear hose again. I work in a professional office and it's mostly women over 50 who still wear hose.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:12 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantamount View Post
Me too. Even in the Summertime (although thigh high hose that stay up are better and cooler). I know a lot of people are going without hose now in the workplace, but I always thought it was kind of tacky to do that with a formal dress or skirt suit. If it's a jean skirt, then yes, no hose!

For those of you that never wear hose with a skirt/dress, do you live in a climate that is warm year round (i.e. Southern Florida)?
I rarely bother with hose (for lots of reasons). I live in California. The tights come out when it is chilly. But people never wear it around here...

Old 02-06-2014, 05:28 AM

213 posts, read 376,982 times
I'm 49 and I think hose are soooooo yesterday. Most people don't cover up their arms, so what make people think they need to cover up their legs? Silly in my opinion.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:46 AM

1,392 posts, read 3,128,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
For Florida, this time of year, go with hose. Summer, forget it.
That's what I was thinking too. Panty hose in Florida? What? Get out of here...!

Old 06-06-2014, 11:03 PM

2 posts, read 3,593 times
It's the youth of today, and by that I mean any women less than 30 years of age. All saavy women know how to dress correctly. To not wear hose of some kind makes me embarassed for that woman. They just don't realize how ugly their legs look. If people would regularly come up to them and tell them the truth, they would correct this faux pas on the spot, but we watch them walk aroung with ugly legs. I feel that we should be helping them out. Hose are not "equipment" that someone should just decide if they want to use or not. It's required apparal, especially in professional environments. Don't agree? That's ok. I just don't think you realize we're all laughing at you.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:53 AM

638 posts, read 993,554 times
It depends on what you're wearing and where you are going. I have not had hose on before and went and put them on because the dress I had on and my legs looked much better with the hose.

Old 06-08-2014, 07:58 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
I thought they were coming back in style due to Duchess Kate. I haven't worn them in about 15 years, but some shoes are so much more comfortable with them, I had considered it. I haven't had to cross that bridge yet.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:01 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterformer View Post
If people would regularly come up to them and tell them the truth, they would correct this faux pas on the spot, but we watch them walk aroung with ugly legs. I feel that we should be helping them out.
Really? Going around and criticizing people is helping them out? Yeah... How about you go around telling people they have ugly legs and tell us how that goes.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:00 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I prefer hose and tights. I'm your age too and that's what I grew up with. A longer dress might be ok to skip the hose, but I actually feel more comfortable and less exposed when I wear them. My legs are NOT tan by any stretch of the imagination. I'm almost transparent in my paleness.

I wear a dress probably once a year though so it's not a big deal for me. So odd since in my youth I only wore dresses, even as slacks and jeans became the norm for women in the workplace. I always liked bucking the trend and I felt prettier and got more male attention. LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty