Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 04:26 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,904,464 times

Advertisements

I was just realized that my coach bags are starting to look dated. I sware I never see women my age with them anymore. I'm 25. All of the women my age and younger either have grundgey/hipster bags or super high end bags in brands I don't really know well.

I always thought Coach was an old stand by but now they seem dated. Has anyone else noticed that? Coach also isn't doing well financially, I think their stock is down. Am I the only one noticing this? So sad because all of my bags are Coach and I can't afford a new purse right now. I also can't stand poor quality Target bags.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 04:36 PM

22,563 posts, read 47,614,734 times
I never saw the appeal of Coach bags, so I can't say if they are still popular or not.
However, since you like them, you can still use them!

Old 01-23-2014, 04:37 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,592,094 times
Nope you're correct they are going out of style, but it is what it is if you have one and you like it use it.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:39 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
I was just realized that my coach bags are starting to look dated. I sware I never see women my age with them anymore. I'm 25. All of the women my age and younger either have grundgey/hipster bags or super high end bags in brands I don't really know well.

I always thought Coach was an old stand by but now they seem dated. Has anyone else noticed that? Coach also isn't doing well financially, I think their stock is down. Am I the only one noticing this? So sad because all of my bags are Coach and I can't afford a new purse right now. I also can't stand poor quality Target bags.
In my opinion, when a retailer of some name decides to move into the outlets in a strong way, they end up manufacturing bags specific to outlets to satisfy the quantity they need to move to support the fake market they created, which ends up flooding the market, which ends up cheapening the brand.

So yes -- Coach Bags are dated.

I'm an absolute pain when bag shopping -- I pretty much hate everything. So I feel for you.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:40 PM

Well what is replacing them? I still see a lot of women my age with oversized LVs, MKs, and Tory Birch. I'm not sure if these are popular nationally or if its just my insular lifestyle (I seriously never leave my town with my current schedule).

Old 01-23-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
In my opinion, when a retailer of some name decides to move into the outlets in a strong way, they end up manufacturing bags specific to outlets to satisfy the quantity they need to move to support the fake market they created, which ends up flooding the market, which ends up cheapening the brand.

So yes -- Coach Bags are dated.

I'm an absolute pain when bag shopping -- I pretty much hate everything. So I feel for you.
I'm so picky. I spend usually 2 hours selecting my Coach bags. I only buy them one at a time. I really never even see other bags that I do like. If I do find one its usually over $500 and trendy.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:43 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times
We have a local "garage sale" type Facebook page, where people post things they want to sell. Every day new Coach products pop up, and lots of times, it's described as brand new. I have noticed that in almost 100% of the listings, it is the merchandise with the logo design, not plain leather products that just happen to be made by Coach. I still have my one Coach bag, but it is plain black leather, no logo.

In general, I think heavily logo'd merchandise looks dated faster.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
We have a local "garage sale" type Facebook page, where people post things they want to sell. Every day new Coach products pop up, and lots of times, it's described as brand new. I have noticed that in almost 100% of the listings, it is the merchandise with the logo design, not plain leather products that just happen to be made by Coach. I still have my one Coach bag, but it is plain black leather, no logo.

In general, I think heavily logo'd merchandise looks dated faster.

Thanks. My concern isn't about being exactly on trend...I couldn't care less. I just don't want to look 'dated'. Now that I'm aging out of the sort of 'young & fresh' stage I can't help but wonder if I dress dated or if I dress like I'm older than I am.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:06 PM

15,637 posts, read 26,242,236 times
I was never a fashionista, so I carried and wore what I wanted, never mind the trend. It's easier in one way, but when you carry a purse for so long, (this current one is like 10 years old and in perfect shape) and you have bag "requirements" (one of mine is NO ZIPPERS -- I just hate zipper bags) it makes it harder to find what you want.

I loved the original Dooney and Bourke all weather leathers, but my stars -- those bags weighed a TON. And they were all way way too big. So they were out. I also hate a large purse, because I always pack light. So my preference is a "wallet on a string" type bag.

Then I go back to a wallet only. I prefer a wallet only, but then sitting on wallet eventually makes my back get a little wonky. So back to a purse....

Luckily I treat my purse well -- so it lasts for a long time....

Old 01-23-2014, 05:08 PM

639 posts, read 1,963,167 times
Nope, Coach is still very popular where I live (in the south, so trends could be different from where you live). I still get compliments all the time on my Coach bag. It surprises me, really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty