Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 11:25 AM

2,094 posts, read 3,652,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbacchus View Post
OP, I have a solution for you: Date nyanna.
A match made in heaven! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 06:12 PM

203 posts, read 321,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
I have a friend who is a Brown male (I believe Bengali) that used to live in Louisiana where he said he felt that he was very limited in terms of his dating options. He isn't a bad looking guy at all, he is tall, muscular, and is considered attractive by most Brown people (hope its okay to call them that) I have talked to. He still had issues finding any success in Louisiana where he said there wasn't much diversity and most White women would not even think about dating anyone that looks foreign.

Around 8 months ago he moved to Seattle, WA where said his life took a completely different turn. He is in a relationship with a woman who is White and very attractive and claims that he has often been told he is attractive by people of different races and backgrounds. Says that he never felt that way once in Louisiana.

I find this interesting since we assume location means nothing.
Yes, there are significant perceptions of others' attractiveness depending on where one is physically in this country. Your above scenario doesn't surprise me in the least.

For instance, I have an averagely attractive friend who is African American, she lives in Texas but hails from Connecticut. She says that while growing up in Connecticut only Black men hit on her. Since moving to Texas White men, Asian men, Black men and Hispanic men have asked her out on dates. That's really interesting... considering the racial history of Texas. lol

As for your friend, Seattle doesn't have a large population of darker skinned people so he would stand out and be "different". lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty