U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-08-2014, 06:32 PM
 
Location: West Coast
1,199 posts, read 2,113,233 times
Reputation: 2098

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
I do find that for some reason White women just hate Indian men no matter how attractive they are. Now White European women might be a bit open minded but White American women, especially the young ones, hate Indian guys. It doesn't matter if the guy is a funny looking FOB with a weird mustache and poor style (who doesn't hate those kinds of men) or if he is someone who looks like Jay Sean or Mohinder from Heroes. Young attractive White American women dislike them because of the image attached to dating an Indian guy.

Now I have known Indian men that were attractive, westernized, and on their way to having a promising career. These guys were getting approached left and right by some high quality girls who were Asian, Indian, Black, latina, and mixed. The White girls that approached these guys were more foreign and European than American. American women who looked above average did not show any interest in these guys whatsoever.

I think that White American women are the only kind of women who will religiously hold a guy's race against him even if he is a good looking guy with a good future and not to mention great to be around. Unfortunately White American women also hold all of the cards in the game. As I have said, White American women determine what is attractive and what is not because they are the super majority. White American women who are the judges so if you aren't attractive to them, your dating pool is very small.

Even after all that I have nothing against any women but I do find it weird how most White American women would consider someone who looks like Larry the Cable Guy more attractive than someone who looks like this guy here.

Why are so many Indian guys so desperate for White American women? You cannot force White women into being with Indian men. Most White women overwhelmingly prefer White men. Even the ones who date outside of their race for a while will often marry a White guy. Even the ones who marry outside of their race will often go back to being with White men when divorced, even if they have biracial kids. Also, you seem to have a lot of anger and resentment towards White American women in particular. That is just odd, given your obsession with them.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-08-2014, 06:36 PM
 
Location: Moving Back To Cary
1,972 posts, read 2,532,097 times
Reputation: 3065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
I do find that for some reason White women just hate Indian men no matter how attractive they are.
I disagree. I personally know a successful Indian guy (attorney) who is with a blonde haired white woman. They have kids together and he refuses to marry her! He has the mentality of why buy the cow if you can get the milk for free--which is wrong IMO.

OP, have you tried online dating? You shouldn't have an issue getting dates (if your attractive) unless your personality just plain stinks.

Last edited by escapenc; 02-08-2014 at 06:57 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2014, 06:50 PM
 
Location: West Coast
1,199 posts, read 2,113,233 times
Reputation: 2098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I think society has come a long way.

However, European features are considered the most attractive. i am not sure it is racial bias. In any event there are plenty of minorities that are more good looking than white people. But, quite often these minorities have European traits.

You have a racial bias toward European features, and that is fine. Just don't think that everyone shares your views. Many others consider European features the least attractive.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2014, 07:57 PM
 
127 posts, read 225,972 times
Reputation: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Why are so many non-White guys so desperate for attractive White American women?
because

1. they are the majority
2. they are promoted more by media
3. most attractive women in any upper class area are white
4. for some reason society gets pissed and angry when an attractive white female goes interracial and this just fuels the desire (we want what we can't have)

anger from people like you only seems to fuel the desire for some reason.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2014, 09:35 PM
 
Location: On the Ohio River in Western, KY
3,388 posts, read 5,541,016 times
Reputation: 3332
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Yup.

That's why, despite the claims that white chicks don't like Chinese dudes, Bruce Lee snagged a white wife. Way before interracial dating was a thing.

LOL.

I dunno why people don't get this basic concept.
Yeah, but he's BRUCE LEE! This is the guy that's more Chuck Norris than even Chuck Norris is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
If most White women are saying this guy is ugly then my point in the thread stands.
That guy is handsome, but he needs to fix that hair ASAP!!!! That's a HOT mess, and do not even get me started on his eyebrows, lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
does not matter what shade your skin tone is, if you are african american, you are black. Brown is not used to refer to Black people. Why are you even debating this?
Funny you say that, since I heard 3 black co-workers refer to themselves today as being brown, and not black. I quote "black is for nighttime, crayons and work pants, as we ain't that color. We are the color of chocolate, lattes and mud baths, we are brown."

Seriously, they were getting pissed that a client called them black.

As for "brown males" (as you call them); I can name a few that I find VERY attractive one being Oded Fehr. Oh Mamma!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2014, 10:55 PM
 
1,030 posts, read 1,161,574 times
Reputation: 2381
I find it interesting the pics of "Indian" men that have been posted. You'll notice they are much lighter skinned, and when a white man/woman thinks of Indian that is not the first thing to comes to mind. I think this would be more accurate:



Which, correct me if I'm wrong, is more like what the majority of men in India look like. Whereas the much more lighter skinned ones are usually of the top upper castes.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2014, 11:18 PM
 
Location: My House
33,055 posts, read 26,861,279 times
Reputation: 24400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
We are not talking Apu looking FOBs with funny accents. We are talking Indian as in Mohinder from Heroes (look him up) or someone like this:

If most White women are saying this guy is ugly then my point in the thread stands.



I do not often see Indian women with White men, most White men I know find them to be unattractive. Most Indian men I know date them because they cannot get any other race of women out there.
Trust me, if every Indian man looked like Sendhil Ramamurthy, none of y'all would have a problem picking up white chicks. Or black chicks. Or any other chicks with eyes and a brain. LOL. I mean, his wife is white, isn't she? It's funny that you suggested I look him up. Hehehe. As if I never saw him.

I dunno. We must have plenty of hot Indian girls here.
__________________
When in doubt, check it out: FAQ
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2014, 11:26 PM
 
Location: My House
33,055 posts, read 26,861,279 times
Reputation: 24400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
Good point and well understood but you have to understand that a White man can go anywhere in the world and have a chance with the local women, often a better chance than he would have back home. On the other hand, a man who is good looking and say Indian does not have that privilege. Due to Western media spreading worldwide, women have a tendency to like White men and even prefer them over their own men, this happens in Asia all the time. Now it never works the other way around.

In western media, there is active effort put in to keep minorities down and portray them in a negative way. Asian men as effeminate, Brown men as foreign and creepy, etc.

Now in a country as diverse as America (almost 40 percent non-White), I think there should be some effort to portray different minority groups in a positive light and give them better roles.

Then it all comes back to how it affects men who are minorities. Women in the west are often image focused. If she dates a Frenchman then her friends praise her and she is seen in a nice light because the French are romantic. Now say if that same woman dates an Indian doctor, her friends will belittle her and insult her for dating an Indian male even if he is handsome.
Nope. Not true.

The one Indian guy in my GP's practice is quite attractive. I do not doubt he could land a white wife. He's married. For all I know, his wife is white.
__________________
When in doubt, check it out: FAQ
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2014, 11:28 PM
 
Location: My House
33,055 posts, read 26,861,279 times
Reputation: 24400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Why are so many Indian guys so desperate for White American women? You cannot force White women into being with Indian men. Most White women overwhelmingly prefer White men. Even the ones who date outside of their race for a while will often marry a White guy. Even the ones who marry outside of their race will often go back to being with White men when divorced, even if they have biracial kids. Also, you seem to have a lot of anger and resentment towards White American women in particular. That is just odd, given your obsession with them.
Yup. I am equally puzzled.

I would not want to date someone for their skin color and/or ethnicity alone.
__________________
When in doubt, check it out: FAQ
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2014, 11:30 PM
 
Location: My House
33,055 posts, read 26,861,279 times
Reputation: 24400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
because

1. they are the majority
2. they are promoted more by media
3. most attractive women in any upper class area are white
4. for some reason society gets pissed and angry when an attractive white female goes interracial and this just fuels the desire (we want what we can't have)

anger from people like you only seems to fuel the desire for some reason.
Sooo... You need to make sure you are as desirable as what you are chasing.

If you're not, why would you expect to get it?

It's not the media. Hell, some people don't really watch much TV.
__________________
When in doubt, check it out: FAQ
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top