U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-08-2014, 11:32 PM
 
Location: My House
33,055 posts, read 26,861,279 times
Reputation: 24400

Advertisements

Let me just say this: Naveen Andrews.

All day. Twice in the evening.
__________________
When in doubt, check it out: FAQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-08-2014, 11:48 PM
 
127 posts, read 225,972 times
Reputation: 78
I know a few Indian men that look like Mohinder and some who look like Jay Sean, attractive guys who were born and bred in the states. A lot of them do well with girls from minority groups and women who are foreign White (European). When it comes to your upper middle class suburban American girl who happens to be White, these guys don't get much success and a few have told me about that. I notice similar things with my Asian and Latino friends (the ones who don't look White). It has always puzzled me how these guys can get attractive girls from other minority groups and attractive European girls but as soon as it comes to the attractive American girl these guys don't have much luck at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2014, 11:58 PM
 
Location: Oakland, CA
26,867 posts, read 28,137,614 times
Reputation: 25975
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
Hope that wasn't sarcasm because I haven't heard of that happening. Then again to be fair I haven't been to the Northwest and my Asian friend who struggled in Louisiana is doing well with White women in Seattle.
It's not. The small numbers of south Asian men I knew who were interested in getting serious with non south Asians, did find options across all ethnic groups. My white friends are fine "dating the rainbow" and most do. Let's see, my Russian friends last boyfriend was Indonesian, and before that she dated a Mexican guy. My polish friend has dated Jewish and Indian guys. She is catholic. A college classmate of mine (Indian) is married to an Asian girl. All of my "brown" high school classmates are married to white women....

Need I go on?

You need to get over your obsession with white women and open your eyes. Plenty of people are dating out. Mostly I find Indian/Pakistani guys decide they can never actually get serious with someone outside of their ethnic group as they get older, so we (non south Asian women) just stop taking the south Asian guys seriously.. Because the men start acting like it is a notch on their belt and not something serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2014, 12:20 AM
 
127 posts, read 225,972 times
Reputation: 78
I find that people overplay the importance of culture. What you fail to see is that South Asians worship lighter skin, it's weird but they do. The culture thing would go out the window the day some indian guy tells his parents he is marrying some beautiful American girl, believe me it's true. And you said a trend, Polish women and Russian women, yes those women are White but I am talking more WASP. Women who are the All American kind of girls that are a part of sororities at their colleges. Most of these girls do not care how handsome or cool a guy is, they aren't going to go for someone who looks foreign. Nothing wrong with that, it's a preference but just something I have realized.

Guess I need to clarify a bit more. Yes, Jewish, Polish, Italian, and Russian people are White. When I say White I mean more Anglo. The few times I have seen Brown men go interracial with White women the woman was Russian, Polish, or some kind of Eastern European. All of these ended in a marriage. Truthfully I have never seen an All American kind of girl go for some guy who looks like Sendhil Ramamurthy or Naveen Andrews.

Though I have heard Naveen Andrews used to date Maggie Grace in which case I would say things are different on the west coast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2014, 07:17 AM
 
24,843 posts, read 31,241,247 times
Reputation: 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
I find that people overplay the importance of culture. What you fail to see is that South Asians worship lighter skin, it's weird but they do. The culture thing would go out the window the day some indian guy tells his parents he is marrying some beautiful American girl, believe me it's true. And you said a trend, Polish women and Russian women, yes those women are White but I am talking more WASP. Women who are the All American kind of girls that are a part of sororities at their colleges. Most of these girls do not care how handsome or cool a guy is, they aren't going to go for someone who looks foreign. Nothing wrong with that, it's a preference but just something I have realized.

Guess I need to clarify a bit more. Yes, Jewish, Polish, Italian, and Russian people are White. When I say White I mean more Anglo. The few times I have seen Brown men go interracial with White women the woman was Russian, Polish, or some kind of Eastern European. All of these ended in a marriage. Truthfully I have never seen an All American kind of girl go for some guy who looks like Sendhil Ramamurthy or Naveen Andrews.

Though I have heard Naveen Andrews used to date Maggie Grace in which case I would say things are different on the west coast.
My X was just as dark as Naveen Andrews (and just as good looking)....I am a natural redhead with blue eyes.

I live in Mid-Michigan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2014, 08:13 AM
 
Location: My House
33,055 posts, read 26,861,279 times
Reputation: 24400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
I know a few Indian men that look like Mohinder and some who look like Jay Sean, attractive guys who were born and bred in the states. A lot of them do well with girls from minority groups and women who are foreign White (European). When it comes to your upper middle class suburban American girl who happens to be White, these guys don't get much success and a few have told me about that. I notice similar things with my Asian and Latino friends (the ones who don't look White). It has always puzzled me how these guys can get attractive girls from other minority groups and attractive European girls but as soon as it comes to the attractive American girl these guys don't have much luck at all.
Upper middle class? Are these the only white chicks they are after?

Why??? I mean, what's wrong with middle class girls?

I dunno, because I am clearly an anomaly.
__________________
When in doubt, check it out: FAQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2014, 08:15 AM
 
Location: My House
33,055 posts, read 26,861,279 times
Reputation: 24400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
I find that people overplay the importance of culture. What you fail to see is that South Asians worship lighter skin, it's weird but they do. The culture thing would go out the window the day some indian guy tells his parents he is marrying some beautiful American girl, believe me it's true. And you said a trend, Polish women and Russian women, yes those women are White but I am talking more WASP. Women who are the All American kind of girls that are a part of sororities at their colleges. Most of these girls do not care how handsome or cool a guy is, they aren't going to go for someone who looks foreign. Nothing wrong with that, it's a preference but just something I have realized.

Guess I need to clarify a bit more. Yes, Jewish, Polish, Italian, and Russian people are White. When I say White I mean more Anglo. The few times I have seen Brown men go interracial with White women the woman was Russian, Polish, or some kind of Eastern European. All of these ended in a marriage. Truthfully I have never seen an All American kind of girl go for some guy who looks like Sendhil Ramamurthy or Naveen Andrews.

Though I have heard Naveen Andrews used to date Maggie Grace in which case I would say things are different on the west coast.
Ahhh. I see. I refused to join a sorority. LOL.
__________________
When in doubt, check it out: FAQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2014, 08:16 AM
 
Location: My House
33,055 posts, read 26,861,279 times
Reputation: 24400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
My X was just as dark as Naveen Andrews (and just as good looking)....I am a natural redhead with blue eyes.

I live in Mid-Michigan.
But, are you a sorority girl from country club parents?

See? I was not a sorority girl and only one of my parents had a club membership.
__________________
When in doubt, check it out: FAQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2014, 08:24 AM
 
24,843 posts, read 31,241,247 times
Reputation: 11427
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
But, are you a sorority girl from country club parents?

See? I was not a sorority girl and only one of my parents had a club membership.
Nope, pretty much middle class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2014, 08:54 AM
 
Location: My House
33,055 posts, read 26,861,279 times
Reputation: 24400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Nope, pretty much middle class.
You're not good enough for the OP and his friends.
__________________
When in doubt, check it out: FAQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top