Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2014, 08:34 PM

28,574 posts, read 18,586,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
Superman isn't White, he isn't even human.
I always counted Kal-El as Jewish...a clever jab at the Nazis.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
That doesn't prove that blacks with the highest "European blend" are the most attractive, but they are probably just the most marketable since they tend to have lighter skin tones.
I'm not sure there is a practical difference...which came first?

Old 02-09-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebrator View Post
Not sure how this is true considering it is very common for white males to be portrayed as either evil or bumbling, unfashionable, awkward idiots, and black and brown men as heroic, intelligent, level headed, etc.
White men can be portrayed as anything. Black men were once portrayed only as bumbling, unfashionable, awkward idiots. Now, only as heroic, intelligent, level headed--in a "white" movie. But in a "black" movie, black actors can run the range that whites can run.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Attractive is partly subjective, but aren't they the most marketable because they're the most attractive? Most non-black men and black men seem to have a preference for lighter skin and less extreme African features like a wide nose.
If we get away from the media to real life, I've noted this interesting phenomenon:

White man are not "colorist." That is to say, white men who get beyond the race issue to select a black woman seem not to care whether she is "white looking" at all. My guess is that if a white man is hung up on "white looking," he'd just stick to white women. But once past the race issue in the first place, white men are more likely to prefer a dark-skinned black woman to a light-skinned one.

(This does not count celebrity matches, which have other factors involved.)

Old 02-09-2014, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
ETA: I see Indian women with white guys regularly. Soooo... It's not that people dislike dark eyes, dark skin, or dark hair. If they did, you'd never see white chicks dating black men, either. Or Hispanic men. Sooo... That eyes/skin/hair argument is flawed.
European men have been going around the world and marrying any women they want for about 2500 years.

Old 02-09-2014, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
My X is from Honduras.

He told me the men in Honduras HATED the "greengos" that come there.

The US Army was there building schools.

The men felt all the females want to get with the soldiers.

BTW....I was NOT belittled by my friends.....or, anyone else.
LOL, that's not just in Honduras. The local guys at any small town adjacent an Army post feel the same way.

Heck, I was even an Army brat myself, but when I was a teenager I felt the same way about the young GIs...they were formidable competition.

I did have a secret weapon, though. I could tell the young GI that the girl's father was a Command Sergeant Major or a colonel...and I'd rat him out.

Old 02-09-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Funny you say that, since I heard 3 black co-workers refer to themselves today as being brown, and not black. I quote "black is for nighttime, crayons and work pants, as we ain't that color. We are the color of chocolate, lattes and mud baths, we are brown."

Seriously, they were getting pissed that a client called them black.
They have personal issues.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:08 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,450,805 times
Multi-quote...learn how.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:25 PM

37,449 posts, read 45,651,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
I find that people overplay the importance of culture. What you fail to see is that South Asians worship lighter skin, it's weird but they do. The culture thing would go out the window the day some indian guy tells his parents he is marrying some beautiful American girl, believe me it's true. And you said a trend, Polish women and Russian women, yes those women are White but I am talking more WASP. Women who are the All American kind of girls that are a part of sororities at their colleges. Most of these girls do not care how handsome or cool a guy is, they aren't going to go for someone who looks foreign. Nothing wrong with that, it's a preference but just something I have realized.

Guess I need to clarify a bit more. Yes, Jewish, Polish, Italian, and Russian people are White. When I say White I mean more Anglo. The few times I have seen Brown men go interracial with White women the woman was Russian, Polish, or some kind of Eastern European. All of these ended in a marriage. Truthfully I have never seen an All American kind of girl go for some guy who looks like Sendhil Ramamurthy or Naveen Andrews.

Though I have heard Naveen Andrews used to date Maggie Grace in which case I would say things are different on the west coast.
Lost star Naveen Andrews splits from Barbara Hershey after 12 years together | Mail Online

Naveen is hot. Pretty much every gal I know thinks the same way I do.

Old 02-10-2014, 12:35 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,082,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
European men have been going around the world and marrying any women they want for about 2500 years.
And white chicks have been dating darker guys for awhile now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty