U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2014, 10:09 AM

254 posts, read 239,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
I would go to watch almost anything from Christopher Nolan. If he wants to cast a black superman, my butt will be in the seat. My favorite actor by a mile is Denzel Washington. I'm a white male. I don't see the problem. A phenomenal actor that can carry a mediocre movie transcends race. Denzel is awesome because he is Denzel.
He's a recovered heroin addict, by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 10:47 AM

10,072 posts, read 9,313,800 times
Retyping my post since you claim to be a White guy...

It's funny that you are acting butthurt about what you perceive to be other people's problems.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:55 AM

3,037 posts, read 2,339,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunStorm View Post
I'm just entering this thread, and have not read 99% of it. I started read backwards from my first/last post. And I hit this.

In my experience and observation White-American women, in general, are attracted to any race of man they find "hot" looking or "handsome." I think all humans are like this even if they're racist.

But I'm talking above average good looking men, not your "average Joe." An "average" is nothing special. No one turns their head at the average looking car.

There is a class of White-American women that won't date or marry any non-white men. These are women born into upper-crust, conservative, families that also are racist and associate with racist whites from the same social class. But why want a broad from this class of people?

That's your surroundings. You environment. I came up in Black-America and black girls and women were the vast majority. Whites and white women were a small minority. And in such an environment it was black girls and women that judged and set the standards of what's an ideal man to have. And with Black-American women's 70% out of wedlock births... they're fulfilling their fantasies. They bang and chase after a lot of men in prison or in and out of jail.

Black-American women pretty much like anything that's not a male that identified as the combination of black and American. Given I look Puerto Rican to many... if I ran around calling myself Puerto Rican I'd have more Black-American woman coming on to me than you can count. A bit of sigh of disappointment comes out of them when I inform them I'm not Rican but half white--or boring old "black" man is another way of putting it. I remember helping my Mexican co-worker push the car of two, young, Black-American women stranded in the street. As we pushed one of them was running down "no good" black men as no black guy would ever stop to help black women etc. After a while... I informed her I was "black." LMAO.

Sometimes it pays looking like me. As with drunk white men... they begin to run their mouths.

Here's my suggestion to you. Hollar at Black-American women. You'll have no problem. You'll find plenty of them ready to fall to their knees and open wide as your spit falls into their mouths. Tell her you're working on a rap album. She'll be blowing you before night fall. Play up your East Indian back ground... tell them you've got family with mad money back in India. Tell them you don't know what "the bruthas be dissing all these fine black sistas." You'll own the broad.
So not true. Maybe the black women you grew up are like that, but I'm not. I've been hit on by Indian men, Asian men(even wow, lol!) and white men, and black men and I still prefer and am mostly attracted to black men. That is who I date. I don't need to date a non-minority man to feel validated about myself as a black woman, and if I do decide to date a man that isn't black, it will be because I like him and nothing more. I think you grew up in a bad area and are using your experiences with those women to come up with you're above post but it's NOT true for every black woman.

I'm so sick of these silly stupid stereotypes being played out by bitter men.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:56 AM

33,063 posts, read 26,880,121 times
Quote:
I think I insinuated the audiences in Latin America are superficial. That people in the world are as they subconsciously correlate racial phenotypes to how much prestige (or lack of) said man or men before them have in society.

Black-American women are far more superficial than White-American women though. Both are superficial. But Black-American women take the cake. And yes... I'm talking even those Black-American women functionally illiterate and on welfare. H*ll, I've met more Black-American women addicted to crack cocaine more judgmental and superficial than working class White-American living in nobody-knows small town USA. The latter typically has a sense of humility to her. The men she dates are working class men in her small, town, some with drinking problems, some good, some not so good, and usually none of the men with no sophisticated sense of urban style you'd expect or hope to see on a Chicagoan downtown.

I'm gonna take your word for this and assume this explains why I have never kept too many female friends. I'm just not that superficial.

If some dude comes at me looking like the Elephant man, I'm gonna probably not want to date him.

If he's decent looking, has a good sense of humor, and at the very least either a grad student (I'm 46, so the undergrads are a bit too young) or gainfully employed in a career type of job?

He's someone I would consider, if I was single.

Old 02-10-2014, 11:01 AM

33,063 posts, read 26,880,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
So not true. Maybe the black women you grew up are like that, but I'm not. I've been hit on by Indian men, Asian men(even wow, lol!) and white men, and black men and I still prefer and am mostly attracted to black men. That is who I date. I don't need to date a non-minority man to feel validated about myself as a black woman, and if I do decide to date a man that isn't black, it will be because I like him and nothing more. I think you grew up in a bad area and are using your experiences with those women to come up with you're above post but it's NOT true for every black woman.

I'm so sick of these silly stupid stereotypes being played out by bitter men.
See... there's not a thing in the world wrong with you preferring black men.

Nada. Even if you were not black yourself, there'd be nothing wrong with it.

There's nothing wrong with these Indian dudes preferring white women. The problem occurs when they become ANGRY that they cannot get white women.

Ok... so one group of women (or men) is your ideal...

You cannot get one of them to date you, you move on to your next favorite.

I fail to see the issue.

You cannot FORCE people to wanna date you. People like what they like.

The really REALLY fascinating part of this convo is that they don't just want to date WHITE women... they want to date white girls from RICH, SORORITY, COUNTRY CLUB backgrounds. Good grief. If that ain't being choosy, I dunno what is.

Why not date white girls who are smart, not part of the super-elite, and maybe have something in common with these Indian guys (who largely seem to major in engineering, at least in my neck of the woods).

I would think a man would prefer a woman that they could carry on an intelligent conversation with AND still show off to the guys because she's pretty.

But... alas, no.

Trophies!

That's what they want. And to that I say... AGAIN...

JOIN A FRATERNITY AND HANG WITH FRAT BOYS. You'll gain access to their dating pool that way.

Old 02-10-2014, 01:44 PM

3,037 posts, read 2,339,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
See... there's not a thing in the world wrong with you preferring black men.

Nada. Even if you were not black yourself, there'd be nothing wrong with it.

There's nothing wrong with these Indian dudes preferring white women. The problem occurs when they become ANGRY that they cannot get white women.

Ok... so one group of women (or men) is your ideal...

You cannot get one of them to date you, you move on to your next favorite.

I fail to see the issue.

You cannot FORCE people to wanna date you. People like what they like.

The really REALLY fascinating part of this convo is that they don't just want to date WHITE women... they want to date white girls from RICH, SORORITY, COUNTRY CLUB backgrounds. Good grief. If that ain't being choosy, I dunno what is.

Why not date white girls who are smart, not part of the super-elite, and maybe have something in common with these Indian guys (who largely seem to major in engineering, at least in my neck of the woods).

I would think a man would prefer a woman that they could carry on an intelligent conversation with AND still show off to the guys because she's pretty.

But... alas, no.

Trophies!

That's what they want. And to that I say... AGAIN...

JOIN A FRATERNITY AND HANG WITH FRAT BOYS. You'll gain access to their dating pool that way.
Exactly. People get so angry that they can't get their way, or that they are getting rejected by the women or men that they WISH they could date. And create obsessive posts after posts about the same group of people, with blanket generalizations, and weird conclusions that causes the rest of us sane folk to think WTF...

Old 02-10-2014, 01:55 PM

1,199 posts, read 2,114,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
I think you might actually be a woman from another minority group (probably black but I might be wrong) who is upset of the fact that asian and indian men tend to like White women. The animosity towards the relationship is just going to encourage it even more. I find with almost all races of men (latino and even black) that White women are more preferred or preferred just as much as women of their own race. Now I have seen quite a few Asian and Indian men with White women but these White women were more foreign than American (polish immigrant, russian immigrant, etc.). You telling Asian and Indian guys that White women hate them and showing your opposition to the relationships won't stop men from those backgrounds from wanting White women.

Interesting that you bring up Black and Latino men. White women are actually attracted to these groups more than Asian and Indian guys. This is why Black and Latino men who are interested in White women have a much easier time dating them than Asian men ever will. It doesn't matter that Asian and Indian men tend to like White women. White women by and large are simply not attracted to Asian and Indian men in the U.S that much. Everyone knows this. Threads like this are so redundant because they always lead back to this very basic fact. Your attempts to insult me don't work. Clearly, if European White women are into Asian and Indian guys, then that is where the focus should be. Also, everyone in the U.S. prefers their own race except Asian American women. They are the one exception. They overwhelminly prefer White men over Asian men.

Old 02-10-2014, 02:04 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,556,762 times
What happened in here.

Old 02-10-2014, 02:11 PM

1,199 posts, read 2,114,204 times
Quote:
I've got a solution for the OP.

If he doesn't need "upper crust" White-American women there are plenty of White-American women that are "**** mops" for the right money. I'll find him one of these white women. I'm sure they're feminists, vote for Democrats, hate religion, are "open minded," pro-gay marriage... and all the things held "good," "true," and "cool" in contemporary American society.

In exchange he can just introduce me to some nice East Indian women in India. I don't care if they're Hindu or Muslim and cover their hair with a silk or cloth scarf. If they are encouraging of me becoming a better man then we're all good.

Frankly, I don't know why one would want to give up all that is precious and worth dying for in India (the Indian women) for the sh*t you'll be trading it in for here in America. Yuck. Quit drinking the koolaid.

When is your flight to India? Good luck with that. The nice East Indian women in India tend to stick with their own Indian men. Those who don't are generally disowned by their family and or entire community for being with a man of another culture, especially if that man is Black, half-Black, etc. If you love Indian women as much as you say you do, you may want to keep this in mind. She will lose her family for being with you, and in some case, she may risk losing her life. The caste system in India is not something you will ever get around.

Old 02-10-2014, 02:30 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,268,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberphonics View Post
What happened in here.
Oh the usual, people have lost their minds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or