Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 04:57 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,674,951 times

Advertisements

I don't see what it has to do with attractive, but there are plenty of black male action heroes. Will Smith. Danny Glover. Dwayne Johnson (the Rock).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 05:19 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,337,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
read it again, said brown not black

why do people think black and brown are the same thing?
What!!!!!! I would say 99.9% of black people are brown or light brown. I have never met someone that is truly black in color. Can you explain yourself?

Lots of white women date black men. Look for women that are a bit overweight and who are tired of dating men that pay little attention to them. Find a girl that craves attention and validation. They will date whomever as long as they get validated.

I think your problem is that you do not know how to read or approach women.

Your issue with skin color also makes you look insecure. Woman tend to like confident men.

Old 02-05-2014, 05:26 PM

127 posts, read 320,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
What!!!!!! I would say 99.9% of black people are brown or light brown. I have never met someone that is truly black in color. Can you explain yourself?

Lots of white women date black men. Look for women that are a bit overweight and who are tired of dating men that pay little attention to them. Find a girl that craves attention and validation. They will date whomever as long as they get validated.

I think your problem is that you do not know how to read or approach women.

Your issue with skin color also makes you look insecure. Woman tend to like confident men.
black means black, will smith has a light skin tone but he is still considered black

brown means latinos with the darker skin tone, indians and pakistanis, and some middle eastern people

Old 02-05-2014, 05:32 PM

5 posts, read 8,303 times
Quote:
read it again, said brown not black

why do people think black and brown are the same thing?

and from my experience most white women exclusively like white men and are by percentage the most inclined to only date their own race even when diversity is present
Where do you live, Mississippi?

From MY experience, white women (and women of any ethnicity/colour/etc., for that matter) date men who are a good personality match. Maybe it's because I tend to live in major cities, but our experiences are totally different.
Being a former New Yorker, I had a group of friends from literally every continent in the world. My Russian ex-girlfriend dated my Korean buddy before me, and ended up marrying a black musician we'd all become friends with. Another white female friend is currently engaged to a 1st-generation American whose parents come from Africa. He refers to himself as being "the colour of black coffee." My best friend is black Puerto Rican, and she dates guys of every ethnicity. And I - looking generally white (despite having a lot of NA heritage) - had a fantastic relationship with a gorgeous dark-skinned woman from Jamaica. Oh, and my roommate (incredibly white, with a little Jewish) is married to an Indian immigrant - and is only attracted to people of Indian, Pakistani, & Middle Eastern appearance.
All of these are real-life examples that throw your stereotype right out the window.

I've actually had a difficult time dating white people as opposed to my non-white friends; but I don't mind, since I think race is about as important eye colour or favourite brand of shoes. I like anyone, as long as they're kind, honest, and intelligent.

Your problem is that you're using your own personal biases to generalize literally everyone in the country, which is not only a logical error, it makes you come off as obsessed with skin colour. That might have something to do with lack of success with women.
If you have a race fetish, that's your thing... but trying to project that on to several hundred million people is a bit much.

Last edited by Intrinsic; 02-05-2014 at 05:42 PM..

Old 02-05-2014, 08:26 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,625,825 times
Quote:
One of my friends joked saying how it is funny that we can have a Black president but the thought of a Black Superman on the big screen will drive America into a deep rage.
It would for countless comic nerds (myself included), since the alternative universe story lines suck! (Yes there is a black Superman in them, but then again Harvy Dent (two face in Batman world) is also a Superman in them, so you can see why I say that!)

Superman was written as a "white guy", it wouldn't make sense to make him anything else, IMO. If you want to get upset that the major superheros aren't black, blame the creators; they write them that way.

There are tons of superheros that are black, including my all time fav Green Lantern! Not to mention the totally awesome Nick Fury!

List of black superheroes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^^ That's not a whole list either, BTW.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:09 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,861,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
I think having a black Superman would be a huge hit movie. Deep rage? Never.

I wish that was true, but let me bring up some issues from recent movies:
'Hunger Games' and Hollywood's racial casting issue - CNN.com
**If you read the Hunger Games, you would have found that racial characteristics were used sparingly. Many main characters were described as "olive toned," and not only did crazy town people complain about the characters described as black were cast as black, they didn't bother to find any non-white people to play most of the characters that were purposely described in a way they could have easily casted someone south asian, or mixed, or basically anything.

And let's talk about the superheroes and comic book characters:
I'm Demanding Better Representation For Black Girl Nerds In Geek Culture | xoJane

Or how about the notes here about Idris Elba cast in Thor?
Racists Totally Freak Out Over Idris Elba Playing Norse God in ‘Thor’

There are more than enough racist people out there who have a conniption if someone non-white is cast in stuff.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:12 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,684,765 times
Quote:
Dude:

White women love black men even if the men are broke. What are you talking about?

Honestly, you sound like a minority that cannot get a date with a white woman. It may not be your racial make up. Lots of colored men get white women all the time.
The OP sounds like the same obsessed guy who has claimed to be of varying ethnic/racial backgrounds (most frequently Asian Indian and sometimes Hispanic) and uses different screen names; and has been banned countless times. I think he is actually white. I won't use the "T" word, but you get the drift.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:17 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,684,765 times
Quote:
I think society has come a long way.

However, European features are considered the most attractive. i am not sure it is racial bias. In any event there are plenty of minorities that are more good looking than white people. But, quite often these minorities have European traits.
Not really, people value symmetry in facial features, and tend to rate them as being most attractive regardless of race.

I think few would rate as handsome these white males with facial asymmetry:

While most would say these Asian males with symmetrical features are attractive:

Hollywood will not knock down the doors of the handsome Asians because they are not marketable.

Last edited by pacific2; 02-05-2014 at 10:12 PM..

Old 02-05-2014, 09:19 PM

127 posts, read 320,115 times
Superman isn't White, he isn't even human.

Old 02-05-2014, 09:24 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,337,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
Not really, people value symmetry in facial features, and tend to rate them as being most attractive regardless of race.
I agree with the symmetry!

But, the black men and women that are considered attractive often have a high European blend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty