Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2014, 11:38 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
Not saying that, but by demographics a lot of these Indian guys grow up around girls who are upper middle class and join sororities, of course these girls are white. So as a result they run into these girls alot but these girls tend to reject them.
Are these Indian guys frat boys?

If not? There's the problem.

You show me an Indian guy who can party and hang with a bunch of rich, white frat boys and make it into a fraternity and we will then be on an even playing field.

You cannof expect (on average) a bunch of women who fish one dating pool to be looking elsewhere when they don't need to.

Frat/sorority relations are pretty exclusionary.

Old 02-10-2014, 07:20 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,105,948 times
To me, there are attractive people of all races. If you're pretty, you're pretty.

My wife and I both have a "top 10 list" of celebrities, models, and musicians...people we can sleep with if we ever got the chance, LOL. I think she and I both have people of pretty much every race. White, black, hispanic, asian, Indian, etc. Hell, even Jenna Dewan is half Lebanese.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 08:49 AM

127 posts, read 319,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
I am beginning to understand why my White female friends reject Asian and Indian guys.
I think you might actually be a woman from another minority group (probably black but I might be wrong) who is upset of the fact that asian and indian men tend to like White women. The animosity towards the relationship is just going to encourage it even more. I find with almost all races of men (latino and even black) that White women are more preferred or preferred just as much as women of their own race. Now I have seen quite a few Asian and Indian men with White women but these White women were more foreign than American (polish immigrant, russian immigrant, etc.). You telling Asian and Indian guys that White women hate them and showing your opposition to the relationships won't stop men from those backgrounds from wanting White women.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:15 AM

254 posts, read 318,653 times
Quote:
One of my friends joked saying how it is funny that we can have a Black president but the thought of a Black Superman on the big screen will drive America into a deep rage.

He had a point because I have noticed that White men have a monopoly on the looks market. Hollywood exclusively gives most of the desirable lead roles such as superhero, superspy, and most roles that we idealize to White males. Some rare exceptions exist (especially with black males) but the most desirable roles are White male dominated. Then you have fashion models who are almost always White males.

From my own observation, I see this play out in real life interactions. I went to a big high school that was very diverse, it had Latinos, Asians, Black people, and White people. Most of the times when it came to voting most attractive male, the winners were always White guys in my 4 years there. To be fair I did go to high school in North Carolina which is a southern state so the White bias is to be expected.

But I have seen differences in how society judges men by their looks. I have known White guys who are attractive that mostly know they are attractive because growing up throughout their lives they had society, women, and everyone telling them they are handsome. They were asked to model most of the times.

On the other hand my friends who are from other races and fairly attractive didn't have those same opportunities, especially being asked to model. The validation they received from society was much less.

Do you believe as time goes on race will start to matter less and American society will treat attractive people from all races how they would normally treat an attractive White person?
Certain typical features (phenotype) among whites tend be viewed as more attractive by most people in the world. Such as the hair and nose width and form. I think some of it is understandable. I have more loose curly hair (though it appears straight or wavy when cut low) but I think the hair white men have that can fall to their shoulders looks better in general (if groomed/washed and cut right of course), than my own type. I'm mulatto.

Certain features of very dark skinned black men and women looks very attractive too. On the men the midnight black skin, especially if glistening with sweat or oil, shows off a spectacular muscular definition. Assuming the guy is toned up in muscles and not fat or chubby.

But a lot of the roles in movies in which the audience prefers to see white men in power and action and romance roles has a lot to do with human beings being shallow and seeing white men in the real world basically running the earth.

It's a prestige thing. Men and women judge men much the way men and women judge luxury cars and luxury items. Luxury = white men. Other men are subconsciously viewed as non-luxury items.

An educated, white, Latin American man from Brazil that was living and working in Belgium once suggested to me online, that as black Brazilians gain more wealth, more material wealth in Brazil, so proportionally will their prestige rise in Brazilian life and Brazilian media. He suggested to me that as Black-Americans gained material wealth in the United States proportionally their prestige rose.

I think there is absolute truth to this.

You find American women swooning over gay American men as the prestige of gay men rises inside the United States. So, a well written (and well acted) movie like Broke Back Mountain could get produced and shown in movie theaters.

Black-American women rejected men of my light brownish hue saying, "Light-skin went out of style in the '80s." And they are right... it did go out of style, but do to Obama, Tiger Woods, Vin Diesel and few others... light-skinned "black" males have made some resurgence. Admittedly, light-skinned men were "the thing" in the 1980s.

But both black and white women are as superficial as they come. They are very sensitive to social identity and the values perceived in the men standing next to them.

So, Hollywood and Latin America (Hollywood is not as bad as Latin American cinema) cater to the sheer empty heads in their audiences. But Hollywood in particular is a vehicle of leftist political propaganda and identity politics. It has been for a very long time. So, it sends out lots of cues trying to reshape American minds (as groomable as any child's mind) from the super bada**, white woman that's a soldier and kicked alien a**, to a black pilot or president saving planet earth. And Americans always save planet earth (dip sh*ts can't even save their own country from going down hill).

So, it's prestige more than the physical looks themselves. The physical looks simply provide identity, gives cues to one's prestige and social status in society. Gay people usually have to carry a rainbow flag/pins/T-shirts because their skin color does not identify their prestige and status values.

You'll see no shortage on Black-American women lining up to be publicly humiliated on GhettoGaggers by White-American men... but those same women would pop an attitude with a Black-American man if he didn't say "excuse me" fast enough while passing by them. They don't tolerate "disrespect." But they'll tolerate it from the White-American men due to their prestige in society.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:42 AM

Quote:
I think you might actually be a woman from another minority group (probably black but I might be wrong) who is upset of the fact that asian and indian men tend to like White women. The animosity towards the relationship is just going to encourage it even more. I find with almost all races of men (latino and even black) that White women are more preferred or preferred just as much as women of their own race. Now I have seen quite a few Asian and Indian men with White women but these White women were more foreign than American (polish immigrant, russian immigrant, etc.). You telling Asian and Indian guys that White women hate them and showing your opposition to the relationships won't stop men from those backgrounds from wanting White women.

I'm lily white and I can see why the attitude might be a turnoff, man.

I have to tell you I have never seen it from any ethnic group BUT Indian men... even then, I just see it on here.

If the ones I know who are not dating white chicks are really upset about it, they've never let on to me.

I know some who do date white girls, but they also tend to have mostly white guy friends, so I figure it's a social circle thing... which makes me think that the women are buying the social circle along with the guy, if that makes sense.

Again, my "join a frat" point should be taken seriously.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunStorm View Post
Certain typical features (phenotype) among whites tend be viewed as more attractive by most people in the world. Such as the hair and nose width and form. I think some of it is understandable. I have more loose curly hair (though it appears straight or wavy when cut low) but I think the hair white men have that can fall to their shoulders looks better in general (if groomed/washed and cut right of course), than my own type. I'm mulatto.

Certain features of very dark skinned black men and women looks very attractive too. On the men the midnight black skin, especially if glistening with sweat or oil, shows off a spectacular muscular definition. Assuming the guy is toned up in muscles and not fat or chubby.

But a lot of the roles in movies in which the audience prefers to see white men in power and action and romance roles has a lot to do with human beings being shallow and seeing white men in the real world basically running the earth.

It's a prestige thing. Men and women judge men much the way men and women judge luxury cars and luxury items. Luxury = white men. Other men are subconsciously viewed as non-luxury items.

An educated, white, Latin American man from Brazil that was living and working in Belgium once suggested to me online, that as black Brazilians gain more wealth, more material wealth in Brazil, so proportionally will their prestige rise in Brazilian life and Brazilian media. He suggested to me that as Black-Americans gained material wealth in the United States proportionally their prestige rose.

I think there is absolute truth to this.

You find American women swooning over gay American men as the prestige of gay men rises inside the United States. So, a well written (and well acted) movie like Broke Back Mountain could get produced and shown in movie theaters.

Black-American women rejected men of my light brownish hue saying, "Light-skin went out of style in the '80s." And they are right... it did go out of style, but do to Obama, Tiger Woods, Vin Diesel and few others... light-skinned "black" males have made some resurgence. Admittedly, light-skinned men were "the thing" in the 1980s.

But both black and white women are as superficial as they come. They are very sensitive to social identity and the values perceived in the men standing next to them.

So, Hollywood and Latin America (Hollywood is not as bad as Latin American cinema) cater to the sheer empty heads in their audiences. But Hollywood in particular is a vehicle of leftist political propaganda and identity politics. It has been for a very long time. So, it sends out lots of cues trying to reshape American minds (as groomable as any child's mind) from the super bada**, white woman that's a soldier and kicked alien a**, to a black pilot or president saving planet earth. And Americans always save planet earth (dip sh*ts can't even save their own country from going down hill).

So, it's prestige more than the physical looks themselves. The physical looks simply provide identity, gives cues to one's prestige and social status in society. Gay people usually have to carry a rainbow flag/pins/T-shirts because their skin color does not identify their prestige and status values.

You'll see no shortage on Black-American women lining up to be publicly humiliated on GhettoGaggers by White-American men... but those same women would pop an attitude with a Black-American man if he didn't say "excuse me" fast enough while passing by them. They don't tolerate "disrespect." But they'll tolerate it from the White-American men due to their prestige in society.
And everyone else is not? LO (f-ing) L!

You must be joking. We are in a thread about Indian guys not being able to get the much coveted white girl to show off to their friends and you wanna talk about white girls and black girls being superficial?

Puh-leeze.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
To me, there are attractive people of all races. If you're pretty, you're pretty.

My wife and I both have a "top 10 list" of celebrities, models, and musicians...people we can sleep with if we ever got the chance, LOL. I think she and I both have people of pretty much every race. White, black, hispanic, asian, Indian, etc. Hell, even Jenna Dewan is half Lebanese.

Truth.

I go by what looks good. I don't really give a damn about race/ethnicity.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:50 AM

I'm just entering this thread, and have not read 99% of it. I started read backwards from my first/last post. And I hit this.

Quote:
I do find that for some reason White women just hate Indian men no matter how attractive they are. Now White European women might be a bit open minded but White American women, especially the young ones, hate Indian guys. It doesn't matter if the guy is a funny looking FOB with a weird mustache and poor style (who doesn't hate those kinds of men) or if he is someone who looks like Jay Sean or Mohinder from Heroes. Young attractive White American women dislike them because of the image attached to dating an Indian guy.

Now I have known Indian men that were attractive, westernized, and on their way to having a promising career. These guys were getting approached left and right by some high quality girls who were Asian, Indian, Black, latina, and mixed. The White girls that approached these guys were more foreign and European than American. American women who looked above average did not show any interest in these guys whatsoever.
In my experience and observation White-American women, in general, are attracted to any race of man they find "hot" looking or "handsome." I think all humans are like this even if they're racist.

But I'm talking above average good looking men, not your "average Joe." An "average" is nothing special. No one turns their head at the average looking car.

There is a class of White-American women that won't date or marry any non-white men. These are women born into upper-crust, conservative, families that also are racist and associate with racist whites from the same social class. But why want a broad from this class of people?

Quote:
I think that White American women are the only kind of women who will religiously hold a guy's race against him even if he is a good looking guy with a good future and not to mention great to be around. Unfortunately White American women also hold all of the cards in the game. As I have said, White American women determine what is attractive and what is not because they are the super majority. White American women who are the judges so if you aren't attractive to them, your dating pool is very small.
That's your surroundings. You environment. I came up in Black-America and black girls and women were the vast majority. Whites and white women were a small minority. And in such an environment it was black girls and women that judged and set the standards of what's an ideal man to have. And with Black-American women's 70% out of wedlock births... they're fulfilling their fantasies. They bang and chase after a lot of men in prison or in and out of jail.

Black-American women pretty much like anything that's not a male that identified as the combination of black and American. Given I look Puerto Rican to many... if I ran around calling myself Puerto Rican I'd have more Black-American woman coming on to me than you can count. A bit of sigh of disappointment comes out of them when I inform them I'm not Rican but half white--or boring old "black" man is another way of putting it. I remember helping my Mexican co-worker push the car of two, young, Black-American women stranded in the street. As we pushed one of them was running down "no good" black men as no black guy would ever stop to help black women etc. After a while... I informed her I was "black." LMAO.

Sometimes it pays looking like me. As with drunk white men... they begin to run their mouths.

Here's my suggestion to you. Hollar at Black-American women. You'll have no problem. You'll find plenty of them ready to fall to their knees and open wide as your spit falls into their mouths. Tell her you're working on a rap album. She'll be blowing you before night fall. Play up your East Indian back ground... tell them you've got family with mad money back in India. Tell them you don't know what "the bruthas be dissing all these fine black sistas." You'll own the broad.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
And everyone else is not? LO (f-ing) L!

You must be joking. We are in a thread about Indian guys not being able to get the much coveted white girl to show off to their friends and you wanna talk about white girls and black girls being superficial?

Puh-leeze.

I think I insinuated the audiences in Latin America are superficial. That people in the world are as they subconsciously correlate racial phenotypes to how much prestige (or lack of) said man or men before them have in society.

Black-American women are far more superficial than White-American women though. Both are superficial. But Black-American women take the cake. And yes... I'm talking even those Black-American women functionally illiterate and on welfare. H*ll, I've met more Black-American women addicted to crack cocaine more judgmental and superficial than working class White-American living in nobody-knows small town USA. The latter typically has a sense of humility to her. The men she dates are working class men in her small, town, some with drinking problems, some good, some not so good, and usually none of the men with no sophisticated sense of urban style you'd expect or hope to see on a Chicagoan downtown.

Old 02-10-2014, 10:01 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,096,306 times
I would go to watch almost anything from Christopher Nolan. If he wants to cast a black superman, my butt will be in the seat. My favorite actor by a mile is Denzel Washington. I'm a white male. I don't see the problem. A phenomenal actor that can carry a mediocre movie transcends race. Denzel is awesome because he is Denzel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty