Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2014, 10:16 PM

28,661 posts, read 18,764,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attractively Ambigious View Post
I am sure most Asian guys wouldn't care about what White girls like but the problem is in most colleges these girls are the POWER MAJORITY.

You just cannot ignore them because whether its Arizona St, Texas, Florida, or UNC these girls make up the majority. If you ignore them then you are taking yourself out of the in-crowd. The amount of power these girls have in college all the way into American society is unreal. They determine who is hot and who is not, they determine who is desirable and who isn't, and unfortunately race plays a major role for them because outside of Black and White men, most race of men are portrayed as being undesirable by media.
You should realize, though, that college is not life. Sorry, no, their world largely ends after college unless they manage to become trophy wives in Stepford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 12:20 AM

366 posts, read 644,783 times
Quote:
I hate quoting simply because it takes up a lot of space and requires a lot of scrolling for the users.

White American girls are more image focused than girls from other races. I notice that Latina, Black, and even a lot of Asian girls (I see a few who try to emulate the White girl lifestyle) care more about the kind of guys who make them feel good and make their lives entertaining. White girls, especially from upper middle class areas as you see at most major colleges, don't want that. They want a guy they can show around to their friends and receive compliments for.

Who is that guy most of the times? A white guy that looks close to what media promotes. So lets not fault asian, indian, or whatever race men for not being able to do well with white girls especially in college and high school because these girls have pre-selected a guy before he even opens his mouth. I have Asian and Indian friend that drive Camaros and are cool guys to be around, they do well with hot girls that are latin, black, asian, and indian but with White girls it is like hitting a brick wall.

The truth is White girls can have just about any guy they want but they want a guy who makes them look good to their friends. That guy has already been pre-selected before he was even born. He has to be tall, white, and look somewhat like a hollywood actor.

Now here is where the problem comes in.

I am sure most Asian guys wouldn't care about what White girls like but the problem is in most colleges these girls are the POWER MAJORITY.

You just cannot ignore them because whether its Arizona St, Texas, Florida, or UNC these girls make up the majority. If you ignore them then you are taking yourself out of the in-crowd. The amount of power these girls have in college all the way into American society is unreal. They determine who is hot and who is not, they determine who is desirable and who isn't, and unfortunately race plays a major role for them because outside of Black and White men, most race of men are portrayed as being undesirable by media.
White men interracial marriages: 1.4 million
Black men interracial marriages: 330k
Hispanic men: 1 million plus
Asian men: 200k

I think mixing stats paint the best picture of what women consider attractive across race. Mestizo hispanics mix out percent wise in huge numbers, far surpassing all other groups because of ingrained stereotypes on whats good looking. No other people mix so freely as latinos do, because in my view, we hold the features color that translates past race.

Take a good look at interracial stats and you'll see that only when hispanics compromise a decent share of the pop does mixing even happen I'm America.

Race relations will go the way latinos shape it in USA. Our views on who its attractive is largely shaping the mixing now.

Old 02-15-2014, 07:26 AM

90 posts, read 118,032 times
I suggest people on both sides calm down. Both parties make valid points - we need to learn from each other, walk in each other's shoes, and not make snide remarks or personal attacks. Thank you.

Coming to the point .......... The OP's whiny attitude may be a turn off, yes. But then his attitude may be the result of people judging him before getting to know him. So cut him some slack.

Secondly, preferences may not be 'racist' per se, but they are consequences of a system dominated by certain groups of people, evidently groups which have historically held a lot of power. And this power may influence a lot of things in society, including our so-called preferences. Consider marketing, for instance. Sometimes, clever entrepreneurs 'create' needs when none exist - they fool the customers into believing they really, really need this or that product ...... when in reality they could very well do without them.

Point being ..... preferences could be seen in this context, something created externally rather than something intrinsic to the human heart. And when we do, we could at least understand, if not rationalize, the bitterness experienced by certain individuals.

Not that I am justifying it. But when people ask, "Why would you want to be with such shallow people, people who let the media do the thinking for them?" ...... well, that's the wrong question, more or less a trap. I don't believe that the OP (or anyone in his situation) would want to be with such people. Rather, such people are a constant and painful reminder of what you are supposed to be, in sharp contrast to what you really are. And this gap hurts - this gap between perception and reality.

That, I feel, is the real issue.

Old 02-15-2014, 07:55 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geniusss View Post

Not that I am justifying it. But when people ask, "Why would you want to be with such shallow people, people who let the media do the thinking for them?" ...... well, that's the wrong question, more or less a trap. I don't believe that the OP (or anyone in his situation) would want to be with such people. Rather, such people are a constant and painful reminder of what you are supposed to be, in sharp contrast to what you really are. And this gap hurts - this gap between perception and reality.

That, I feel, is the real issue.
As a white girl who had a middle/upper middle class upbringing AND attended a women's college full of females much like the ones the OP is pining after, I am here to reassure him that it may not even be the fact that he's Indian that holds him back with these women.

The circles many of them run in are HIGHLY exclusionary. Even to other white people.

Focusing on the ONE thing he can do NOTHING about (his ethnicity) is sure to make him miserable.

These girls are not JUST going for a white guy. They are going for a rich, pedigreed, same church, same political affiliation, same upbringing sort of white guy.

Soooo... He should fear not. She rejects most white men, too.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:15 AM

60 posts, read 132,571 times
I'm not certain why so many cultures find white women so attractive. Perhaps it's due to the multi-billion dollar fashion industry that propagates the notion that white women are the most beautiful women throughout the world.

Anyhow, I find it strange because in the end, on average, white women age horribly. By their mid 30s, most look like they are approaching 45. Of course this varies by how well the person takes care of themselves (i.e. not tanning, eating healthy, abstaining from drugs/and excessive drinking, genetics), but again, on average white women do not age as well as other races of women. Perhaps this is not an issue for guys, because they fall in love with the woman, and do not place a premium on her looks, as she ages..

Old 02-15-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena2345 View Post
I'm not certain why so many cultures find white women so attractive. Perhaps it's due to the multi-billion dollar fashion industry that propagates the notion that white women are the most beautiful women throughout the world.

Anyhow, I find it strange because in the end, on average, white women age horribly. By their mid 30s, most look like they are approaching 45. Of course this varies by how well the person takes care of themselves (i.e. not tanning, eating healthy, abstaining from drugs/and excessive drinking, genetics), but again, on average white women do not age as well as other races of women. Perhaps this is not an issue for guys, because they fall in love with the woman, and do not place a premium on her looks, as she ages..
Nah. They just ditch her for a younger model.

We don't all age badly. Hell, when I was 38, a guy in a jewelry store thought my 17yo son was my husband.

He had a full beard at 17, but still!

Most white women who have faces that age poorly have dry skin, tan themselves, and smoke.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:40 AM

90 posts, read 118,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
As a white girl who had a middle/upper middle class upbringing AND attended a women's college full of females much like the ones the OP is pining after, I am here to reassure him that it may not even be the fact that he's Indian that holds him back with these women.

The circles many of them run in are HIGHLY exclusionary. Even to other white people.

Focusing on the ONE thing he can do NOTHING about (his ethnicity) is sure to make him miserable.

These girls are not JUST going for a white guy. They are going for a rich, pedigreed, same church, same political affiliation, same upbringing sort of white guy.

Soooo... He should fear not. She rejects most white men, too.
I understand, but.......

The op says how people belonging to a certain ethnic group, even the average looking or plain ones, have it easy over the good-looking ones of certain other ethnic groups. He finds this unfair. Although other people may call this a mere preference - and therefore NOT unfair - I was trying to see whether these so-called preferences were akin to the so-called needs created by crafty, powerful people who control the show. Not very farfetched if one takes a cursory look at history.

That was my point. Of course, the OP shouldn't hanker after the types of women you specifically mention. I thought that was a given. I assumed he was talking about them just to make his point, not that he really was interested in them. That was my conclusion.

Anyway, I hope all ends well.

Old 02-15-2014, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniusss View Post
I understand, but.......

The op says how people belonging to a certain ethnic group, even the average looking or plain ones, have it easy over the good-looking ones of certain other ethnic groups. He finds this unfair. Although other people may call this a mere preference - and therefore NOT unfair - I was trying to see whether these so-called preferences were akin to the so-called needs created by crafty, powerful people who control the show. Not very farfetched if one takes a cursory look at history.

That was my point. Of course, the OP shouldn't hanker after the types of women you specifically mention. I thought that was a given. I assumed he was talking about them just to make his point, not that he really was interested in them. That was my conclusion.

Anyway, I hope all ends well.
Ahhh. I see what you meant now.

I'm in marketing. In the late teens/early twenties demographic, good marketers usually listen to what that group wants and give them something similar. Feeding people what a marketer thinks they need without as much feedback happens more with children. Soo... These teens/twentysomethings have let marketers know what they prefer already. The marketing is a "mirror."

Soo... What you see on TV is what the majority wants.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:01 AM

60 posts, read 132,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post

Soo... What you see on TV is what the majority wants.
Nothing could be further from the truth. TV does not mirror what society wants. TV and all forms of entertainment are actually the "culture creators."

Old 02-15-2014, 09:04 AM

254 posts, read 318,692 times
Quote:
LOL.

This thread has taken the turn from saying hateful things about Black women to talking about why White girls don't usually date Brown guys. I want to stick to the original topic which I think could be better worded by an example.

What I was getting at is this. Growing up I always noticed that White males were treated a lot better and more acknowledged for being good looking compared to males of other races. This came into play in high school where even though I went to a racially diverse high school, it was always White males voted as most attractive. Then you turn on the TV or look through any male modeling ad, what is usually the case? White males being promoted almost exclusively. Most superheroes are White, most badass lead roles go to White males, and in romance movies most of the males seen as attractive are White.

I have seen this play out in real life. An attractive male who is White walks into a room and it is as if Zeus himself came in. In no time he has a good social life, a girlfriend, and everyone in society is treating him like he is the best thing to ever happen.

Compare that to an attractive male who is Asian or Brown or any foreign race, I have never seen males who are attractive from that background get that type of treatment.

Now do you believe like say 20 years from now, things will change to the point where a physically attractive male that isn't White gets the same kind of treatment from American society as his physically attractive White counterpart?
Yes, lets stick to the original topic, as your first paragraph reminds me of the same kind of diction and tone used by gay, Black-American males, so routinely given accolades by Black-American women online when they either insinuate a great respect and love for black women or state it explicitly. Yet, they--like you--don't want to be sexually intimate with a black woman, they don't want her as a romantic companion, her as their greatest love in their life. Their object of desire lays elsewhere just as yours does.

I propose to you there are many Black-American women you can make advances on and invite out for coffee or tea or a lunch or dinner. Many of them.

So then, let us "keep this 100" as we say in the hood and on the streets. If you regard Black-American women so equal to white women, to the objects of your desire, then why do you discriminate against them, treating them unequal? Eh?

The gay man wants a man (maybe of any color or race, but not a pre-op transsexual originally born a boy even though they have penises, so, the penises in and of itself, nor the invisible chromosomes are what's "genetically" attracting them to men) and you want a white woman. A white woman. A white woman.

You know that a sign of addiction is obsession, you do know that? If I'm mulatto and can have the desire and drive to get up and fly over to India one day, possibly take a wife from one of its many slums, or maybe one of its middle-class Catholics, then why can't you as an ethnic East Indian man go to India to secure a bride? Not to mention there are educated East Indian women in this country. They're ate UW-Milwaukee and I've had one as a TA. A Hindu to boot as she wore the dot on her head.

You're respect for Black-American women (in any equality to white women) is a patronizing one. It's not one born out of suffering with them changing the diapers of their children, scrambling to pay bills, cradling them in your arms as you listen to their worries and sorrows. Your respect is one of a shallow PCism.

There are plenty of ethnicities and races of women within the United States besides just White-American women. Like the gay guy just has to have his tongue up some guy's a** you just have to have your tongue up some white woman's a**. Correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty